Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #1
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Country drives

hey Guys I wanna go somewhere for a cruise this weekend in Victoria but I wouldn't have a clue where to go done all the usuall ones great ocean road,dandenongs,blackspur etc..

So if anyone has some good suggestions please throw them my way.

Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 
Default Re: Country drives

Depends on how far you want to go...

Up through Macedon ranges?
The Grampians?
Castlemaine?

Do you want to stay the night somewhere and see the sights where you are? The options are endless...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #3
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I'd say the Alpine region.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #4
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Come to the Macedon Ranges, we welcome all

Go to the top of Mount Macedon, see the cross, then go to Woodend and eat at the Holgate Brewery and try some of their beer, then get a vanilla slice from the bakery on the corner. Then head to Lancefield, stop in the art gallery for a milkshake. Go to Romsey for dinner at Saltan Pepper and order the big rib eye steak with chips (none of that veggie crap).

Foodwise thats our best LOL.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #5
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Come to the Macedon Ranges, we welcome all

Go to the top of Mount Macedon, see the cross, then go to Woodend and eat at the Holgate Brewery and try some of their beer, then get a vanilla slice from the bakery on the corner. Then head to Lancefield, stop in the art gallery for a milkshake. Go to Romsey for dinner at Saltan Pepper and order the big rib eye steak with chips (none of that veggie crap).

Foodwise thats our best LOL.
That bakery is awesome!!

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 07:06 PM   #6
Kryton

Lake Eildon - Marysville area?
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #7
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You say the Ocean Road, but have you done right through the Otways? Deans Marsh Rd is fun, Colac to Lavers Hill is full of long sweeping bends, the road through Forrest has nice sharp turns and some good views, plus some dirt tracks that are well maintained take you right into the middle of the bush.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #8
SVTVNM
Guzzler

Macedon ranges is a great drive awsome part of the state, but I recently went thru the Otways and I wa s blown away by the drive, so highly recomended
SVTVNM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2011, 08:48 AM   #9
JTFG
In a Ford..at last!

Don't mind Beechworth, might be worth a look
JTFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2011, 09:48 AM   #10
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Woods Point, Bellarine Peninsula, Mt. Sterling, Gippsland coast, Kinglake, Warburton, Marysville, Aberfeldy, Walhalla
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2011, 09:49 AM   #11
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I to love it up through Mt Macedon to the cross which is also near the scene of a plane wreck that went down in the 30's I think, and back down to hanging rock, for an afternoon drive when I am in Sunbury (family). I have not done this for over 10 years now, does that road that cars appear to roll backwards up hill still exist?

Bud Bud
Bud Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #12
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Out to Warburton and up the Reefton Spur to Cambraville then down to Marysville through to Buxton, Taggerty, then up through to Thornton and turn right up to Eildon and head out to the Pt Pinniger lookout. The road from Eildon to Jamieson has just been sealed and is really tight twisty and fun, when you pop out the other side near Jamieson head down to the Kevington Pub for lunch, then back through Eildon-Jamieson Rd through to Eildon and across the Eildon township up to Skyline Rd through to Alexandra taking in the Fraser Range National Park, then from Alexandra either head back down the Black Spur towards Melbourne, or out to Yea and down through to Healesville via Toolangi, or if you want to end up the other side of Melbourne then from Alexandra head out to Yea towards Tallarook but turn off on the road to Strath Creek, then out to Broadford where you meet the Hume.
Old 30-03-2011, 10:35 AM   #13
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

This was a little lunch (bikes) run with a mate last weekend for example.
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&s...6,2.469177&z=9

Last edited by mcnews; 30-03-2011 at 10:43 AM.
mcnews is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2011, 10:42 AM   #14
mcnews
Trev

The Eildon-Jamieson Rd is very twisty though so if your occupants get car sick easily get them to pop a pill beforehand. The pub at Kevington is from the 1800s and is right on the river, kids can wade in etc. You can even camp there for $5. Last weekend I did the whole Eildon-Jamieson Rd in first gear, but that was on a new ZX-10R and it does 166km/h in first gear :-)
Old 30-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #15
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

all good suggestions guys thanks heaps now I have to sit with my melways and plan a day trip or maybe a weekend away
Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #16
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Bud
I to love it up through Mt Macedon to the cross which is also near the scene of a plane wreck that went down in the 30's I think, and back down to hanging rock, for an afternoon drive when I am in Sunbury (family). I have not done this for over 10 years now, does that road that cars appear to roll backwards up hill still exist?

Bud Bud
Yes, that road is freaky as crap. If you come up this way from Melbourne don't go the calder freeway, you miss out on a lot of scenery and small towns.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #17
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Bud

Bud Bud
That would be "Gravity hill" you mean and yes it is still there and it does work.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post