Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 05-05-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Got my new engine pipe.

The standard exhaust on the XR4 is a decent system except for the engine pipe. The exhaust is 63mm from front to rear except in the flexi in the engine pipe which is only 42mm.
Bought a replacement one from Best Mufflers in Sydney and the quality is superb. There is no reduction at all in pipe size through the flexi.
Can't wait to fit it now, so much for leaving this car alone...

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2009, 10:47 PM   #2
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

that does look like great quality mate. bitten by the fiesta bug eh....? me too, and i've only got a 1.6L!
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2009, 10:55 PM   #3
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, I'm loving the XR4.
The quality is great. The TIG welds are works of art.

2019 MG ZS Essence
2022 Kia Stinger GT
Old 11-05-2009, 08:18 PM   #4
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

They're a good mod. It's given me the best gains so far. ;)
Old 12-05-2009, 01:22 AM   #5
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I fitted the flexi at last. Very easy job, took under an hour.
My only gripe is that the position of the O2 sensor has been rotated to a more vertical position on the pipe and due to the sensor's length it was hitting the heat shroud in the exhaust tunnel. A small bit of trimming fixed that.
I've only taken the car for a short blast so far, but there is definately an improvement. Its so willing above 4000rpm.
The exhaust has a slightly different sound at the front of the car too, but I think as the new pipe carbons up it will return to the same. If not, I'm not fussed, it still sounds good under the bonnet.
Sound out the tailpipe is unchanged.

Here are some pics of the stock one and you can see how much smaller the ID of the flexi is.

2019 MG ZS Essence
2022 Kia Stinger GT