Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Events

Old 06-04-2006, 11:53 AM   #1
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Gympie Show'n'Shine – Rainbow Beach Cruise & Skid Pad Day

June 3rd & 4th

G'day all,

By now you would have received the latest events email including all the details for the Gympie Show'n'Shine, Rainbow Beach Cruise and Skid Pan Weekend. I have done a heap of organising (more than I thought there would be!) for this event and am looking forward to hosting all you guys up here in hell town. Everything has come together nicely and now all we need to do is ensure we get as many cars and members to this event as possible to make this event a success.

Please let the events committee know ASAP if you are coming so I have numbers for the Skid Pan, Saturday Free BBQ Lunch, Saturday Dinner and Sunday Breakfast. As per email, please arrange your accommodation as soon as possible by calling toll free 1800 444 222(Cooloola Regional Development Bureau). The CRDB are doing a great job helping co-ordinate this event and are organising special package rates/deals for our members.

If you have any questions, call me on 0419 747 030
Thanks everyone,

Ash

WILDTRAKPX2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 03:37 PM   #2
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looking forward to it! My parents are Gympie locals so have pre warned them to brace themselves lol Lissa
Old 10-04-2006, 12:51 PM   #3
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Lissa... did you spend your childhood in Gympie? I was going to say grow up in Gympie, but no-one does that!
Old 10-04-2006, 01:31 PM   #4
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No I am a Petrie/Noosa Kid but spent ALOT of time in Gympie in my younger days all my Mums family is from Gympie...Mum and Dad Retired to Gympie (Chatsworth) about 7 years ago so Yet again i spend alot of time up there, i would love to move there myself....Call me crazy but I love Gympie it still has a certain "sleepy town appeal" everybody knows everybody and the local shops actually call you by name and really mean "have a nice day" and if nothing else the locals certainly have personality py: umm did i mention that Dad won the Ride on Mower race a couple of years back? wooohooo I have motoring history in Gympie!
Old 10-04-2006, 01:33 PM   #5
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Thats so exciting! I think we should practice before we get there and wet down turn 1 at Morgan Park! : :eclipsee_
Old 11-04-2006, 12:44 PM   #6
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bumping this to the top of the list...

Would be great to have a fair indication of numbers by the end of April so I can organise dinner and breakfast all under one roof.

Also, because the local Ford Dealership - Action Motor Group Gympie has been very generous and come on board to support this event by putting on the skid pan day for us and BBQ lunch, we really need to get hopefully 50 cars for the show'n'shine at the dealership on the Saturday. The skid pan costs for a full day with instructor isn't cheap, so it would be fantastic to put on a great show for them in return.

Accommodation bookings so far have been good... thanks everyone.

Ash
Old 11-04-2006, 07:30 PM   #7
gmcclimo
Starter Motor

Cool Gympie ShownShine - Rainbow Beach Cruis & Skid Pad day

Have not received any e-mail about this event

Chris & Gil
gmcclimo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 07:47 PM   #8
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This event was included in the latest events calendar email sent out 05/04/06. If you didn't receive it, please contact me on 0419 747 030 and I will forward you a copy. Thanks for letting us know.

Ash
Old 12-04-2006, 08:32 AM   #9
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcclimo
Have not received any e-mail about this event

Chris & Gil
PM sent... emailed latest events calendar
Old 20-04-2006, 09:33 PM   #10
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Update

Hi Everyone,

Just a bit of an update after receiving some feedback re accommodation bookings. When calling the toll free number 1800 444 222(Cooloola Regional Development Bureau) to arrange your booking, please ask for the DPI Conference Centre at the Two Mile if on the off-chance the usual person looking after our group doesn't take your call. If we fully book the centre (and it will only be us there), they will then start filling the next closest motel. I'm trying to keep everyone together or as close as possible (for meals as well).

Also, Action Ford have been very kind in letting us slide for a full day with a fully qualified driving instructor. For more information on the skid pan, click here

Let the events committee know your coming, book your accommodation and see you in Hell Town for some adrenalin fueled sideways action, a great cruise to Rainbow Beach and a resplendent show of Henry's finest!

If I can be of any help whatsoever, please call me on 0419 747 030

Ash
Old 21-04-2006, 04:38 PM   #11
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OK, I had a call from one of our members today about the accommodation. There has been a slight mix up (breakdown in communications) which they have apologised for and rectified. Also, it has been brought to my attention that whilst the DPI Conference Centre at the Two Mile has excellent rooms and facilities, they only have shared bathrooms.

SO... I have instructed the CRDB who are handling the bookings to scrap that idea as I'm sure that won't suit most of you. They will be putting us all up in motels, hopefully in one only, but as close as possible together. Sorry about this, but at least it is sorted before everyone starts booking.

As before, call 1800 444 222 (Cooloola Regional Development Bureau) to book, and tell them you are from the Ford XR Club.

If you experience any problems or confusion, please call me on 0419 747 030 and I will be more than happy to help you out.

One last thing, if you have had some trouble booking and organised it yourself, please let me know so I know where you are.

Ash
0419 747 030

Last edited by WILDTRAKPX2; 21-04-2006 at 04:53 PM.
Old 24-04-2006, 08:59 AM   #12
SP Ken

G'day All,

Now while you all have Morgan Park fresh in your mind it is time to book into this weekend. Ash has done a superb job organising this one so jump on board and come along.

Saturday will be fantastic, you will be able to show off your pride and joy and Sunday you can drive it every which way but straight ahead. It will be a fantastic weekend.

Ash has got the accommodation sorted out so give the number listed in his post a call to book in and don't forget to mention you are from the XR Club.

Cheers,

Ken
Old 06-05-2006, 09:20 PM   #13
BIGGLES
Starter Motor

sounds great we will be there
BIGGLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 02:01 PM   #14
lightninGStrike FPV

Default Please sleep with me....

Hey all,
Looks like I will be travelling on my own for this one.
Does anyone have a spare bed in their hotel or want to share a room. I promise I will keep the snoring down to a minimum.

Cheers,

Heath.
lightninGStrike FPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 04:31 PM   #15
747FLI

Question Well, maybe sleep near you!!!

Heath,

Still not 100% decided yet as I am driving up to check that our CQ mob are behaving and not discracing us SEQ'ers the following weekend! However, I am still very tempted to "HOP" up to Gympie for the over nighter. Let me know if you've got someone to share with already/room booked etc and I'll get back to you.

Cheers

Hopping Mayor of Caloundra...OK, Skippy then...bloody Ken J!!!!! :1syellow1
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 05:30 PM   #16
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747FLI
Heath,

Still not 100% decided yet as I am driving up to check that our CQ mob are behaving and not discracing us SEQ'ers the following weekend! However, I am still very tempted to "HOP" up to Gympie for the over nighter. Let me know if you've got someone to share with already/room booked etc and I'll get back to you.

Cheers

You have to come up Skip! I am a very close friend of the Mayor of Gympie and I told him the Caloundra Mayor is attending.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:32 PM   #17
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Im definately there for this one, Ive missed the last few events due to bloody work commitments but Im not missing this.
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 11:38 AM   #18
lightninGStrike FPV

Quote:
Heath,

Cheers

PM sent.
Old 14-05-2006, 02:40 PM   #19
747FLI

Default There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave XR8
You have to come up Skip! I am a very close friend of the Mayor of Gympie and I told him the Caloundra Mayor is attending.
I'm there Ash, sounds like a Mayoral Confernece in the making...just need the Mayor of Rockhampton (Tucky) to finish the group off for us! See you in a few weeks mate...now, just got to get the fading pink XR red again! :dr_Evil:
Old 14-05-2006, 03:08 PM   #20
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'm there Ash, sounds like a Mayoral Confernece in the making...just need the Mayor of Rockhampton (Tucky) to finish the group off for us! See you in a few weeks mate...now, just got to get the fading pink XR red again! :dr_Evil:
Good stuff Dave! Don't worry about your car colour as it will be spending most of it's time at maximum speed, spinning and sliding totally out of control. It will be but a blur. :
Old 15-05-2006, 11:55 AM   #21
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just an update...

I was at the dealership this morning for my 30K service and I spoke to Peter Allan, dealer principal, who has added some extra interest to the show on the Saturday. He will have an RACQ display, the Metro Ford Trailer Tool Display and Ford/FPV Merchandise for sale. He will start advertising the event in the next week for the general public. And don't forget our complementary BBQ lunch.

I also need some accurate numbers ASAP as I have booked a private function room at the RSL for dinner on Saturday night, so I will need to select the buffet menu next week for "X" amount of people.

The show and shine Saturday morning will be a big turnout, so it would be great to have *hopefully* approx 50 cars on display. :

The Rainbow Beach Cruise will include a short drive up to Inskip Point (where the barges leave for Fraser Island). A very beautiful drive!

Oh and did I mention the all day Skid Pan with instructor on the Sunday? No need for helmuts etc... just your car and some adrenalin.

If anyone needs any more info, just call me on 0419 747 030.

Ash
Old 15-05-2006, 05:24 PM   #22
The Force
Rebel

Ash

The Stacey clan will be their can't wait (2 adults 3 Kids),Heath good luck if your rooming with Skippy.

Proud Owner FPV Force 8 #85 EGO Boss 302
Founding Member New and Classic Ford Assoc #001
New and Classic Ford Association of Australia Inc
Proudly sponsored by:
"HOGS BREATH CAFÉ"
Proudly Supported by:
"QUEENSLAND POLICE CREDIT UNION"
The Force is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 06:11 PM   #23
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Hi Ash

You can count Lynton and I in as definites and the rest of the motley band of troublemakers will also be there - well that is if Lissa has booked accommodation like she promised... otherwise we might end up camping (OMG the C Word ) outside the dealership.

Cheers, Tori.
Old 15-05-2006, 06:14 PM   #24
lightninGStrike FPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbl08
Ash

The Stacey clan will be their can't wait (2 adults 3 Kids),Heath good luck if your rooming with Skippy.
Yeah, thanks mate. Hope there is'nt any cricket or football on late...
Old 15-05-2006, 06:57 PM   #25
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath
Or a well stocked bar in the general vicinity...
Old 15-05-2006, 07:54 PM   #26
The Force
Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath
Heath,

You should only worry if there's a bike race on and Casey Stoner loses in the last bend.You'll never hear the end of it.

Proud Owner FPV Force 8 #85 EGO Boss 302
Founding Member New and Classic Ford Assoc #001
New and Classic Ford Association of Australia Inc
Proudly sponsored by:
"HOGS BREATH CAFÉ"
Proudly Supported by:
"QUEENSLAND POLICE CREDIT UNION"
The Force is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 08:11 PM   #27
SP Ken

Heath make sure you take some ear plugs because listening to Skippy go chchchchchchchchchchch all night will drive you crazy.

Ken
Old 16-05-2006, 10:28 AM   #28
747FLI

Default Gym and Pie, not a healthy alternative!!!

Sorry,

Didn't understand a word of any of that...generally cause I wasn't prompted by "What's up......"

Just wait for my next entry off the Caloundra turnoff to head to Gympie...it may just be on time one of these days!!!

And Ken, since when did Skippy have a lisp?...see you soon troops!

David!!!!! :
Old 17-05-2006, 07:23 PM   #29
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope Pitstop
Hi Ash

You can count Lynton and I in as definites and the rest of the motley band of troublemakers will also be there - well that is if Lissa has booked accommodation like she promised... otherwise we might end up camping (OMG the C Word ) outside the dealership.

Cheers, Tori.
All Booked So Wack us down as well, cant wait sounds like its going to be an awesome weekend .....

PS CAMPING Come on It would be fun! and just to really freak you out I'll give you a four letter word T E N T
Old 17-05-2006, 07:31 PM   #30
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_liss_lms10
All Booked So Wack us down as well, cant wait sounds like its going to be an awesome weekend .....

I am looking forward to this one.... should be lots and lots of fun!!!!
:
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post