Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-10-2007, 12:15 AM   #1
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default auto to manual license??

Just a quick question once you get your open license in qld does it transfer over to a manual? I know it does in VIC but no one can tell me if it does in QLD. Before anyone asks i got a manual license as i had to drive to schoolies and someone pulled out of there test spot and i could only get an auto car to do the test. I planned on getting the manual license later on but never bothered. I've had opens for a year now, cheers for the reply's.

fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 06:29 AM   #2
woodsy109

That is not the way it works in QLD. Once you upgrade to your open licence, you still get the benefits of the extra points, increased BAC ect, but the restriction that allows you to only drive an auto vehicle stays on your licence. You have to resit the practical test again if you want to drive a manual vehicle.
woodsy109 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 06:46 AM   #3
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

That's why I "made sure" my kids first car's were "Manual" , even now they hate driving Auto's . The 2 girls have since bought their own cars , both Manuals ..

One of the reasons I stuck to that was if they were out and someone "got sick , hit the booze , long trip " they could always "jump in & drive" Legally !

Especially living in the country , I think Manual is Essential . Also , saves having to "re-sit" your test .

Just my 2c worth

Norm

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 11:17 AM   #4
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

awsome cheers for that.i found out today that my military license for the rovers which is a manual can be tranferred over anyway.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post