Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > F6 Owners Club of Australia

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-11-2009, 10:06 AM   #1
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Default Ideas and suggestions

Hey folks, as was suggested last night during our little mid cruise chat at North Rd I have started up a thread for people to put suggestions of either events or cruise routes that you may know of for everyone in the club to be able to see and discuss.

Like I mentioned, with regard to events or shows that might be coming up try to get as much notice up here as possible, that way if a larger numbher of people wish to attend we can then organise for a section to keep everyone together as sometimes spots have to be booked or organized well before the event.

I did mention Autosalonlast night to which a few of you agreed would be one to try to get to most every year, keep in mind also that with Autosalon the organisers do sometimes invite clubs to interstate events. So I need people to keep this in mind when particularly for something like Salon.

Their are plenty of shows on around this time of year so ye if someone would like to suggest one or two then we can at least check schedules and organize entry for the events.

Travel may stop some from going as some events may be in the country or regional centres, these are often best to go to though as they give you a good chance to hone your detailing, logistical and coordinating skills. I think that we should try a few smaller ones first just to have kind of like a practice run, maybe even just attend a few events first to have a look at what people are doing and how they are presenting their cars and clubs. Things like info boards and the like and the degree of detail that is required for these events.

Also I'd like to see suggestions for possible cruise routes and days out where those with families, wives and partners that would like to join in can, things like Hanging Rock, or even some water fall locations where we could do a cruise up and then maybe a hike around the area so that everyone can get involved in the event. I'd like to have a regular/annual picnic where we can go and have a BBQ and just laze around doing very little apart from bragging about whos looks best and whos is quickest and what not, where the families can get involved in the day.

We're still finding our feet at the moment but I'm sure we will eventually pave a way that everyone will be happy with and happy to attend and help to organise, so let's get thinking about where and what to do especially over the summer months as it's a great excuse just to get out and about.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has suggestions that will be placed here and just keep an eye in mags or online and an ear out when you hear of events. Put them up as early as you can so that we have plenty of time to get a good response from everyone as well as be able to organise entry for the event as some will have cut off dates or maximum numbers of entrants, so being early can be crucial.

Regards
Stef
El Supremo :

XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post