Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 14-03-2024, 04:49 PM   #31
stinker
Starter Motor

Default Re: Mystery fluid leak, TC 2013 Zetec Ecoboost

Thanks Blue. I just got off the phone with them, if I decline to get the repairs done the charge for dis-assembly/diagnosis/reassembly is $1750. Crazy
stinker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-03-2024, 05:17 PM   #32
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

See if the RACQV or NRMA do in dealership inspections of such work quotes (call them) https://www.racq.com.au/about-us/mem...ember#overview and https://www.mynrma.com.au/membership/benefits or even on desk reviews of such quotes and if so, and it's at a reasonable, cost join them and get it done. Unfortunately, while most motoring clubs used to offer such services to members most have now turned into being primarily insurance businesses and often no longer do this stuff. Still worth inquiring though.

Last edited by aussiblue; 14-03-2024 at 05:25 PM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2024, 05:31 PM   #33
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinker View Post
Thanks Blue. I just got off the phone with them, if I decline to get the repairs done the charge for dis-assembly/diagnosis/reassembly is $1750. Crazy
Hmmmm, thats daylight robery. End of last year i had to shell out for a trans out job to do flex plate and starter motor. Yes its a falcon, but parts and labour did sting me $900. Surely trans off, diag and tranny back on shouldn't be that much even though im sure trans out on a mondeo is more involved.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2024, 06:39 PM   #34
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Did they send photos or have you seen the car since the trans was dismantled? I would at least call in (if possible without warning) and have look at your car to make sure they have done as they said. It's not unknown for unscrupulous shops to find and fix a minor issue and then charge for major work not done. I would hope that Ford dealer would not sink that low, but those negative reports at https://www.productreview.com.au/lis...ne-ford-kedron , and especially the one headed up "Warning! Avoid Bryne Ford Kedron" , would certainly put me on my guard.
Old 14-03-2024, 08:23 PM   #35
stinker
Starter Motor

They did send pics, I'll upload them and post the link asap
Old 14-03-2024, 10:19 PM   #36
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

if it were me, I'd just bite the bullet and get the work done. Painful I know, but you'll have a better car at the end of it, with a warranty on this work in case it goes again.
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-03-2024, 11:43 PM   #37
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Quote:
if it were me, I'd just bite the bullet and get the work done. Painful I know, but you'll have a better car at the end of it, with a warranty on this work in case it goes again.
I'm inclined to agree if none of your inquires to the motoring clubs goes anywhere, no other concerns arise and they say it writing that the work will have a satisfactory warranty.
Old 15-03-2024, 01:20 PM   #38
stinker
Starter Motor

Thanks for the advice gents. Here's a link to the pics:

pics
Old 15-03-2024, 01:44 PM   #39
stinker
Starter Motor

Yeah, I'm inclined to get the work done.

The quote to reassemble as-is is ridiculous, I reckon they might have pulled a high number out of the air to encourage me to get the work done.

Once the work's completed then it's hopefully in good shape - up to date with servicing, Yokohama tyres 4 months old, genuine 75,000 k's on the clock - reckon it'd be worth $150.

Here's the content of an email they sent to me re: warranty on parts and workmanship:
=======================================
Good morning Greg,

As per our phone discussion this morning all parts listed on invoice provided on collection will have a warranty from the manufacture of 12 months or 20,000km (whichever comes first) & workmanship warranty on repairs carried out is 6 months or 20,000km (whichever comes first).

Kind regards,
Emma
======================================
Old 15-03-2024, 05:41 PM   #40
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

6 months labor warranty is pretty rubbish :(
Old 15-03-2024, 07:42 PM   #41
stinker
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
6 months labor warranty is pretty rubbish :(
That's interesting mate, I didn't know that. Only two Ford dealerships within 10k's of my place in north Brisbne
Old 16-03-2024, 09:22 PM   #42
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought about this after. I guess you'll know pretty well immediately if they've done the job right, and installed the seals correctly. That's the important thing, and the warranty on the seals themselves. With hindsight 6 months on the labour is probably ok.
Old 17-03-2024, 12:58 PM   #43
stinker
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
I thought about this after. I guess you'll know pretty well immediately if they've done the job right, and installed the seals correctly. That's the important thing, and the warranty on the seals themselves. With hindsight 6 months on the labour is probably ok.
Great, thank you. I need to do some de-greasing, my garage floor looks like a mock up of the Exxon Valdez oil spill
Old 22-03-2024, 06:47 PM   #44
stinker
Starter Motor

Just chiming in with an update - I bit the bullet and gave Byrne Ford the go ahead to do the work as quoted.

I was without the car for a week. They reckon they're booked out for 4 weeks, and they did my car around their other jobs.

It's running smooth and seems a little quieter, although that might be my imagination, thinking that a $3,100 spend might result in a better drive.

It's not leaking any fluid.

It's 11years old and I think I might unload it while it's worth something. Redbook's valuation is $6000 to $7700. I went on to Carsales and threw some info in to get an Instant Offer price, which came back as $6,200. I'm tempted to go for that and unload it before something else goes on the blink.

Thanks for the advice guys. This is a good forum, no argy bargy or disrespect, friendly members keen to help, gotta love that.
2 users like this post:
Old 22-03-2024, 10:43 PM   #45
AlanM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinker View Post
Just chiming in with an update - I bit the bullet and gave Byrne Ford the go ahead to do the work as quoted.

I was without the car for a week. They reckon they're booked out for 4 weeks, and they did my car around their other jobs.

It's running smooth and seems a little quieter, although that might be my imagination, thinking that a $3,100 spend might result in a better drive.

It's not leaking any fluid.

It's 11years old and I think I might unload it while it's worth something. Redbook's valuation is $6000 to $7700. I went on to Carsales and threw some info in to get an Instant Offer price, which came back as $6,200. I'm tempted to go for that and unload it before something else goes on the blink.

Thanks for the advice guys. This is a good forum, no argy bargy or disrespect, friendly members keen to help, gotta love that.
It has very low kilometres, IMO it's probably worth a fair bit more than that. I recently sold a 2013 LX TDCI with 205,000 km for $6750 with RWC and 6 months registration.
AlanM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post