Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 16-11-2008, 09:35 AM   #1
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Default Can we just leave the banner alone.

All you people who want to waste everyone's time talking about changing the banner, which happens every time there is a new model, get a life. Why don't you all take a picture of the model/ models you all want and sticky tape it to the top of your monitor! That way, you will all be blissfully happy!

In my opinion, the banner is great. But what you all need to remember is this. The people who run the site have more to worry about, and do a great job of that. Remember, accept for Austin, they all have lives too!

Who else is happy enough to leave well enough alone?

MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2008, 10:35 AM   #2
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I agree.
You'll never please everyone, and I know I personally don't come here to look at the banner. I come to read and participate in the forums.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #3
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
I agree.
You'll never please everyone, and I know I personally don't come here to look at the banner. I come to read and participate in the forums.
Exactly!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2008, 11:04 AM   #4
ThePistonHead
Shame Holden, Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
All you people who want to waste everyone's time talking about changing the banner, which happens every time there is a new model, get a life. Why don't you all take a picture of the model/ models you all want and sticky tape it to the top of your monitor! That way, you will all be blissfully happy!

In my opinion, the banner is great. But what you all need to remember is this. The people who run the site have more to worry about, and do a great job of that. Remember, accept for Austin, they all have lives too!

Who else is happy enough to leave well enough alone?
I'm sorry mate, but since when has wanting a new banner been considered as having no life?

No body has said the current banner is ugly, just a tad outdated IMO.. 5 years?

FOA have a class leading product in the FG, and I believe it is a shame not to promote it in arguably the best Ford Oz online community.

If there are people here that 'do not come here to look at the banner' then I don't see what the problem is, don't look at it.

EFII "XR8" Fairmont V8 185KW ELII XR8 engine, box & exhaust|Dual Fuel|Tints|FTR's|Factory bodykit |K&N panel filter|Interior LED Conversion|Leather steering wheel|Slotted rotors|Ghia wood + chrome|Subwoofer|

METALLICA
ThePistonHead is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2008, 11:20 AM   #5
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well why was a competition held for a new banner earlier this year, but nothing has eventuated out of it.

Maybe the wrong one won the vote.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2008, 11:29 AM   #6
ThePistonHead
Shame Holden, Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPID XR8
Well why was a competition held for a new banner earlier this year, but nothing has eventuated out of it.

Maybe..

But it didn't inlcude any FG's.

EFII "XR8" Fairmont V8 185KW ELII XR8 engine, box & exhaust|Dual Fuel|Tints|FTR's|Factory bodykit |K&N panel filter|Interior LED Conversion|Leather steering wheel|Slotted rotors|Ghia wood + chrome|Subwoofer|

METALLICA
ThePistonHead is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2008, 12:00 PM   #7
XR8 Uterous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
. Remember, accept for Austin, they all have lives too!
XR8 Uterous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2008, 12:26 PM   #8
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
I agree.
Spot on, Its a GREAT forum and I'm on heaps of forums worldwide.

Tell them to get a life, or start their own forum and then they can see how much work is involved.
Walt Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #9
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

It's the known AFF banner, why change it.
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #10
plext
Forum Director

Enough please about the banner.

There are many changes in development for the site, which were in fact planned to have been implemented by now but have been delayed for a variety of reasons, some technical, some personal and some 3rd party. It's unfortunately how these things go.

Perhaps contrary to appearances, we do care what you guys think and we are trying to include a lot of the good ideas that the members have raised over time, and far from limited only to cosmetic issues. There is obviously a desire for change on the masthead and updated general appearance, this will occur in due course along with some other broad additions in function and content.

Yes it would be a simple enough task to swap out the banner now, but we have made a decision to hold off on changes to the site as it stands so that the highly involved process of migrating it to a new server, new platform and new layout can be developed without constantly needing to adjust to changes being made on the source.

All I can really ask at this point is please bear with us, we do think it will be worthwhile and please don't think we don't listen to or care about what the lifeblood of the site thinks and wants for it. We very much do on both counts.
plext is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2008, 01:33 PM   #11
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPID XR8

sif the wrong one won the vote Dave, how could my banner be wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePistonHead
Maybe..

But it didn't inlcude any FG's.
it did, i revised it with an FG in it, but for some reason it wasnt added in the polls.
Old 16-11-2008, 01:50 PM   #12
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by plext
Enough please about the banner.

Yes it would be a simple enough task to swap out the banner now, but we have made a decision to hold off on changes to the site as it stands so that the highly involved process of migrating it to a new server, new platform and new layout can be developed without constantly needing to adjust to changes being made on the source.
Agree about leaving this subject alone but I have to ask. The 'new layout' is it going to be much different to this one? I go to many forums but don't really bother posting or reading that much simply because I can't stand their layout. I love the layout of AFF, hoping like crazy it isn't going to be a major change in that :(
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2008, 02:46 PM   #13
plext
Forum Director

No, we're not about to radically alter the whole layout. On the whole most appear comfortable with how the site works and where things are, to make a wholesale change to that would mean that 90% of people would spend 90% of their time just trying to locate things.

In most cases, where things are to be changed, there will still be the option for individual users to revert it back to the older style anyway, which is one of the reasons for the protracted dev time. You cannot please everybody all the time, we are however attempting to make it as flexible and customisable as possible so people can have it how they want.

No doubt some things will be universally hated and we will need to reconsider them once the verdict is in, you never get these things 100% right. The point is though that we do intend to take feedback on it and we will be responsive if things seem to not work as well as we hoped.

In summation, the changes we are working on are very much in the evolutionary mould rather than slash 'n burn, with a few additions to content and information areas we hope will make the vast amount of data stored within this community more accessible.

The membership at large will be the jury as to whether we've got it right or not.

Last edited by plext; 16-11-2008 at 02:53 PM.
plext is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2008, 03:06 PM   #14
seduced_xr
BF XR6

as far as i know theres keyrings and other AFF merchandiase wearing this banner. if you would be willing to have all the current merchandise re printed and sent out to the people who have purchased it at your expense im sure the mods would have no issue changing the banner.
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2008, 08:43 PM   #15
b2tf
not here much anymore

Mike you weak ba............

I do so have a life :
Old 17-11-2008, 11:52 PM   #16
DJR MAN
DJR Fan

Leave the banner, its fine.

It features the highest selling GT to date and the most successful V8 supercar (touring car) model to date. When that changes, consider changing it then.
DJR MAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post