Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-09-2007, 09:20 PM   #1
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default T2 TE50 rear bar

Well, as those of you who were at the calder park meet with me know, i was involved in a nose-to-tail accident that afternoon. I managed to get out of it fairly light, but my car now needs a new rear bar and boot lid. It's all covered under my full comp insurance, so its all good.
So, I figured, might as well get some bling going then! I can get my hands on a series 2 TE50 rear bar. I just have a few questions. The TE bar is the one with the mesh behind it right? Also, where do my exhaust tips fit in with the bar? From what I can tell, it doesn't have previsions for a tip? Should I even bother, or will it just look stupid! :P

Evan

ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2007, 12:18 AM   #2
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

Howdy mate, thanks for the drive of your car again. Hope my advice helped

You've gotten off lightly with the damaged from what i've seen(maybe people need to see the pic of the other car?), but if you replace just the rear bar, i think it wil look out off place.
A bigger rear bar and no other peice of kit, the car will just look odd, half done. Same as a different front bar and no other kit

As for pics, have a look around here (brochure scans, and on aufalcon.com). This is what i came up for a T2 TE50

Just be thankful that you have a car thats on the road atm, i don't :(

Cheers

Last edited by superroo; 12-09-2007 at 12:26 AM.
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2007, 01:08 AM   #3
Jimmysxr
JimmysAUXR6

your chasen the ts50 bar not te i just had one fitted
Jimmysxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #4
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks guys, it's definitaley a TE50 rear bar. Our good friend Darran at FTG Auto Salvage has a couple of new ones available. I figured that since I already have a set of side skirts, it wouldn't look half bad.
Anyway, I was thinking about it, and I have decided against it. Ben is right, it will most likely look out of place on an otherwise standard car. That, and they is a couple of other things I would much rather spend the money on anyway. I still need new tyres, and would like to upgrade rims. Also, I still have a new pair of King Superlows for the rear sitting in my room in need of some shortended shocks.

Evan
Old 12-09-2007, 11:32 AM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

Shame Evan, I reckon it'd look great on your car.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:42 AM   #6
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe, but what do I do with my twin chrome exhaust tip? Is it just me, or is there no spot like on a T3 bar? If it means having to cut into the bar to make space for the exhaust, then I don't think I will bother.

P.S. I have just put up a couple of photos into my workshop thread of the aftermath. :P
Old 12-09-2007, 11:53 AM   #7
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicAU
Maybe, but what do I do with my twin chrome exhaust tip? Is it just me, or is there no spot like on a T3 bar? If it means having to cut into the bar to make space for the exhaust, then I don't think I will bother.

P.S. I have just put up a couple of photos into my workshop thread of the aftermath. :P
Fair point, ive never had a good look at one but it doesnt look like there's any cutout etc for it. Personally Id still go the twin tips but just set em up so they sit under the bar. Bit of stuffing round though.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:08 PM   #8
HLC
Audi S3

cut your tips off. and put twin dumpers on just behind the bar.

simple really.

the bar would look fine IMO.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:32 PM   #9
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know, but i like my twin tips! I will also loose my tow bar by the looks of it as well. Not that I ever use it, but it saved me from a whole lot more damage this time!
I think I will just leave the stock bar, and drop the on superlows. Should still look sweet.

Evan
Old 12-09-2007, 02:54 PM   #10
partie

with the T1-T2 te50 rear bumper, the exhaust dump just before reaches the bumper. So your either going to have to do the same or cut the bar.

Or you can get a T3 rear bumper which were designed to fit exhuast tips.
partie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2007, 08:21 PM   #11
MRJUCY
Fordless

I've seen T1 & 2s with tips hanging under & it just looks wrong, you're better off hiding them as per factory or getting a different bar.
The TE50 bar is mesh, the TS50 bar has vertical divides in it.

Superroo the 2nd T2 pictured isn't on the road at the moment either. :
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2007, 09:31 PM   #12
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

What happened to your thing jucy?
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2007, 02:38 AM   #13
MRJUCY
Fordless

Vandals trashed it so it was in getting repaired, it's back from the panel beaters now but goes back next week to get a few things tidied up I'm not 100% satisfied with.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post