Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2022, 12:13 AM   #1
prydey
Rob

Default 2017 Hyundai Tucson transmission service

Hi all,
Bit of a long shot but I'm trying to find out the recommended service interval for the auto in the 2017 era 2L petrol tucson. 6sp auto I think, non dual clutch or anything fancy.

I googled but got a lot of American info and even that varied from site to site.

I thought there might be some members on here that own one of these or have one as a second car etc. that could help me out.

I'm having a bit of a 'discussion' with a Hyundai dealer on behalf of my mum. Unfortunately she's in Qld and I'm in SA. The car is still under warranty and has started randomly giving a bit of a shudder occasionally. They discovered the trans fluid burnt, and so did a fluid flush and then charged her for it. They claimed it wasn't warranty as the trans was due for a service anyway. They then couldn't tell me the manufacturer service interval. The car has 70000km and full service history with the same dealer. Sounds to me like a classic case of trying to scam money out of the older folk.

Regarding the shudder they've said to keep monitoring it and if it's not fixed to bring it back however they won't refund the money she spent because it's been put as a trans service, which isn't a warranty item, rather than a shudder diagnosis under warranty.

I just need to know what the book says for trans service interval. I believe they are like most manufacturers and claim its not required under normal use.

Then I can argue that it wasn't due for a service and burnt fluid should be treated as a symptom rather than a cause.

So can anyone help with what the book says. Cheers.