Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-07-2006, 09:40 PM   #1
snailracing

Default Please don't sell it!

Hi everyone. I have a problem, my good friend is the proud owner of a T3 TS50 5spd manual, in blueprint with premium brake and sound package.
My problem is that he's thinking of selling it! His reasons are that the area he lives in isn't overly repitable(sp) and has to park it it his fathers. He's just about completed his 5 year build XB GT Coupe, He also has a XB Ute which he's just about finished for his work hack. His missus has a toyota prado, and his father and him are also half share owners in a 1999 supercharged V6 mustang - So he has a problem with parking, as the other side of his fathers garage is filled with a BF GT (Yes very Ford family BTW). The Mustang is at his brothers work as it can be tucked in a corner there.
MY problem is I don't want him to sell it but can't really back up my opinion! I love the car to bits, I think its a fantastic future inverstment but I can completely see his point. It wouldn't be a problem if I had the 50+k needed to own it else it would be in my garage, but I still think he will regret selling it for those reasons alone.

Anyone got anything convincing I could throw at him to stop him from selling it?

PS I know this sorta sounds like a bit of a brag "My mates got this etc etc" but its not. Yes he's a lucky man but he does work bloody hard for what he's got, But the selling of this car really does concern/upset me and it's not just because I would like to own it, I think he is making a mistake, and I like to talk him out of it before it's to late.

snailracing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2006, 09:48 PM   #2
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't know about it being worth 50k?

Maybe 30/40k tops.

So make him an offer....you never know.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2006, 09:55 PM   #3
dvyvan

You couldnt put up another garage??. What about just getting a club reg then it wont cost as much to keep. its one of the few newer cars that will eventually increase in value i think
dvyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2006, 12:00 AM   #4
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hell if i could sell the VCT in time I'd take it off his hands...
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2006, 02:15 AM   #5
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvyvan
You couldnt put up another garage??. What about just getting a club reg then it wont cost as much to keep. its one of the few newer cars that will eventually increase in value i think
Yeah I agree. They'll hold their value for some time before going up in price very slowly.

For the amount he'll probably get for it, there's probably no point in selling it. Some are going bloody cheap these days. I reckon you should offer him $$

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2006, 11:41 AM   #6
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

50K........No way

Here's a sample

Anyways, they are a limited edition and were a great car. I went through the same drama with the ESP......Keep it or sell it.

Keep it for nostalgia's sake, they are still a great car and they still look tough. I reckon they'll bottom out at 20 - 25K in the next few years, which will make them more accessible for the weekend enthusiast........but then again, the BA XR8 is also getting cheaper and cheaper so it'll be interesting to see how the values / buying desirability factor will change again for the old Tickford cars..................

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin

Last edited by Whitey-AMG; 29-07-2006 at 12:26 PM. Reason: New link
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2006, 12:08 PM   #7
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Quote:
club registered cars must be 30 years old to get historic plates if thats what you mean.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2006, 05:24 PM   #8
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

T series car will become more collectable in the future not work 50k now they will only be woth wat people will pay for them seen as they were a more limited build then say the current GT id say that they will particularly T3 will hold abit of value. BTW why doesnt he sell the GT i think the T series is a mucyh more desirable car thats my opinion
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2006, 06:12 PM   #9
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

If it had Brembos, sunroof and maybe factory satnav which are all big dollar options I’d say try and hang onto it if you can, not because of its possible future value but because it would be a great car/package and you would not get anything near its worth in today’s secondhand car market.

I have seen a few TS50's floating around for sale at 40k+ and that’s where they have sat, still for sale. I received my insurance renewal on my TE50 and they have the car valued at 28k. So I presume my TS50 maybe a few k above that. There are ford fans/enthusiasts out there that have taken a shine to the T3 because of what it achieved but to most it’s just another au falcon with a body kit.

I think I will keep the TE50 for another year or two but even with the low klms it will have I think I would be lucky to get 20k for it, especially when another all new falcon will have been released. Just my opinion.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2006, 06:17 PM   #10
elgt146
315-TUF

I would be getting rid of the V6 Mustang.

The T Series will one day be worth some money.

For now they will drop in price like the EL GT Falcons.

$50,000 + car can now be purchased for half that price.
Some of the low KM ones will still hold there value and as more get written off and modified they may increase again.

It took the GT 30+ years to go up in value.

So wonder what a T Series will be worth in 2036 ?
elgt146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2006, 08:07 PM   #11
snailracing

Quote:
His fathers house is on to small a section of another garage, and his place in in a totally undesirable loctaion (Think Once were warriors!). He's sunk over $75k into the GT Coupe and it's still not finished yet, Someone mentioned selling the VCT (? His brother has one but I don't think I mentioned that) Or the mustang, but that doesn't own them much (approx $10k each).

But on a good note, Went to the All Ford Day in Hamilton (NZ) today. Me and his dad went up in the BF GT adn Kel took his TS50 adn from all the looks they got today and all the positive comments on both cars, I think after today he is a little less inclinded to sell.

As for me buying it? I'd be luck to scratch togther $10k max, and I'm looking at going over to the UK next year, So thats not an option.
snailracing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post