Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-09-2005, 07:59 PM   #1
zRoYz
Starter Motor

Default AU11 XR6 stereo arial wiring

I can't work out how to wire auto arial to alpine deck.

I have 12vdc from alpine unit when arial needed & wire in harness going on wiring dig is red/blue (same colour code as RRS + but I have correct wire on speaker but arial don't work.

I don't have any dash controls conected (illumination, diag, stearing wheel)

I can just bypass wiring harness & run seperate relay to operate so not completely stuck but would like to know how standard system works though computer.

zRoYz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2005, 10:29 PM   #2
Steve_T

The aerial wire in the factory loom actually goes the the BEM (body electronics module) and the BEM, when it receives the normal aerial-up signal from the head unit, then raises the aerial through it's own drive circuit. The main reason for it working like this is so you can have the aerial half-height function (even though your XR6 doesn't have the button for that, the circuitry is there - you simply have to wire a switch to the right pin on the BEM to use it).

The wire for aerial should be Red with a Dark Blue trace - the 'RRS +' wire should be the opposite - Dark Blue with a Red trace. Look carefully as there are wires in the car eg. red/black or red/light blue which can look very similar.

+12v signal from head unit for aerial-up should be correct - have you checked head unit signal with a multimeter to make sure it's working? Also, check by applying 12v to the factory aerial wire to see if it puts the aerial up (make sure you have the correct wire first else you may zap something).

Steve.
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 03:44 PM   #3
zRoYz
Starter Motor

thankyou steve_t dimmer wire is also same colours which was my mix up as RRS+, Dimmer & Arial wires in harness all look the same.
zRoYz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 11:44 PM   #4
Steve_T

No probs mate. Yeah, the close colour combos can be hard to pick out, especially when looking at a whole bunch of 'em in the loom. Anyway, glad it's sorted and hopefully working good for ya.
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post