Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 14-05-2005, 01:26 AM   #1
Chris
AFF.com.au

Default Boss Auto 260 Records!!

My latest customer (and also has become a good friend) David picked up his Phantom XR8 auto ute last week, he was on holiday on hamilton island, and we had a tinker. BPT helix, Difillipo pipes, BPT underdrives, G+D CAI, and an XTREME Ford tune.

Tonight at calder - 13.34 @ 106.1.

He backed the record up with a pair of 40's, and a wheelspinning 13.98 with 86 mph to the half, and 109 terminal!!!

all on 225/16 taxi dunlop tyres!!

Theres more, my ute BA XR8 auto went 13.58, and a couple of 60's. The car has a BPT helix and CAI, Underdrives.

(cant wait to put the exhaust on fella's!!)

This has been an amazing ride this year, and there are people i would like to thank.

First, XTREME Ford tuning. with a Partner like simon, we cant go wrong. The late nights on the dyno, phone calls east to west, west to east, trial runs, test drives - its been a huge ride and the winners are the drivers.

My customers, and you know who you guys are. The look on your faces when you guys run a number is enough. Chris (orsmxr) always behind the scenes, and my chief test pilot.

OFR - you guys gave me the number 5.4, and I wear it with pride, OFR own the track

Kev - you are the inspiration mate. we're comin.

G and D - The BEST intake system on the market full stop. If you dont have a G and D intake, order one today. (i believe the queue starts here!!)

Northern Diffs - my dad does his best always to help me out, whether im racing interstate or locally with my streeter, I always know i have the best diff, period.

BPT - Barry and Terry Batten, number 1 helixes, and the quickest and fastest underdrives in the land

Most important, my beautiful girlfriend Rach. Without Rach's support, I am nothing. A week and a half ago i had to build an 18 degree chev from whoa to go, 20hr days for a week and a half, from a bare crank to the engine dyno, to number one on race day, she always understands my need to relive my childhood,playing with cars.

And lastly, you guys. Thanks for listening, thanks for all of u guys always being supportive, and mostly for being Ford boys. I'll do my best to "keep it real" and keep you guys in the loop on the latest and greatest on XTREME Ford tuning, our cars, our products and leading the way.

Who knows, might even be time to become a sponsor!

see u all soon people, my shout!!

Last edited by Chris; 14-05-2005 at 01:28 AM.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2005, 01:36 AM   #2
gtfpv
GT

well done what can i say good to read posts like this where there is no question on wether certain performance enhancers actually work . the proof is in the pudding and your post tells the story. cheers
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2005, 02:18 AM   #3
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done Chris, Theres nothing much i can say mate... Well done Keep it up Buddy.

Bloody top effort, Well done to all the guys who have worked with us with there Pride and joys, They are some mighty fast quick XR8's!

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2005, 09:35 AM   #4
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Thumbs up Xr8

Onya Chris, like Simon you now have a stable of thoroughbred Boss'. Nobody can argue with the results, keep up the great work, 12's are almost here!
Old 14-05-2005, 10:30 AM   #5
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Thumbs Up!!

Top stuff
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2005, 11:33 AM   #6
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
My latest customer (and also has become a good friend) David picked up his Phantom XR8 auto ute last week, he was on holiday on hamilton island, and we had a tinker. BPT helix, Difillipo pipes, BPT underdrives, G+D CAI, and an XTREME Ford tune.

Tonight at calder - 13.34 @ 106.1.

He backed the record up with a pair of 40's, and a wheelspinning 13.98 with 86 mph to the half, and 109 terminal!!!

all on 225/16 taxi dunlop tyres!!

Theres more, my ute BA XR8 auto went 13.58, and a couple of 60's. The car has a BPT helix and CAI, Underdrives.

(cant wait to put the exhaust on fella's!!)

This has been an amazing ride this year, and there are people i would like to thank.

First, XTREME Ford tuning. with a Partner like simon, we cant go wrong. The late nights on the dyno, phone calls east to west, west to east, trial runs, test drives - its been a huge ride and the winners are the drivers.

My customers, and you know who you guys are. The look on your faces when you guys run a number is enough. Chris (orsmxr) always behind the scenes, and my chief test pilot.

OFR - you guys gave me the number 5.4, and I wear it with pride, OFR own the track

Kev - you are the inspiration mate. we're comin.

G and D - The BEST intake system on the market full stop. If you dont have a G and D intake, order one today. (i believe the queue starts here!!)

Northern Diffs - my dad does his best always to help me out, whether im racing interstate or locally with my streeter, I always know i have the best diff, period.

BPT - Barry and Terry Batten, number 1 helixes, and the quickest and fastest underdrives in the land

Most important, my beautiful girlfriend Rach. Without Rach's support, I am nothing. A week and a half ago i had to build an 18 degree chev from whoa to go, 20hr days for a week and a half, from a bare crank to the engine dyno, to number one on race day, she always understands my need to relive my childhood,playing with cars.

And lastly, you guys. Thanks for listening, thanks for all of u guys always being supportive, and mostly for being Ford boys. I'll do my best to "keep it real" and keep you guys in the loop on the latest and greatest on XTREME Ford tuning, our cars, our products and leading the way.

Who knows, might even be time to become a sponsor!

see u all soon people, my shout!!
Well done guys.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2005, 11:38 AM   #7
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done Chris (and Simon), cant go wrong with that motto "keepin it real" keep up the good work.
go the BOSS!
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2005, 11:43 AM   #8
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Good stuff Chris.....

Mate I'm in Melbourne all next week....i'll give you a call.

We should catch up for that beer.

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2005, 12:05 PM   #9
MYV8
Gota be happy with a Hump
Donating Member1

Well done Chris.
Wish I was there.
I'm hanging for a PM mate.

BluePower Racing Developments ............... Best in the Business
MYV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2005, 03:03 PM   #10
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

OOOOOOOH I am excited got to love the BOSS
Old 14-05-2005, 06:29 PM   #11
ozzyjim

Yes well done, cant wait to join you guys with those times!

Cheers
Jim
Old 14-05-2005, 06:46 PM   #12
gtp
BPT MotorSport

Top effort fellas, This raises the bar again for the challenge by all.
I am happy that with the accumulative range of product used to achieve this time that we were apart of the making.

Keep it up.

Barry.
gtp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2005, 07:15 PM   #13
SLY XR8
Who's your Daddy now

Thumbs up

Chris what can i say but you are a legand,Thanks for all the work on the car and all your advice. The car is a weapon and the 12's are with in site,So LS1 BOYS watch out the blue oval is coming to get you ing_sm
SLY XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2005, 07:29 PM   #14
rodderz

Well done Chris and all involved, it's a testament to the time and effort put in and the rewards are coming

This phantom XR6T ute, was it the one in front of your workshop all week, with the hardlid and spoiler?? Wondered who's it was going past of a morning!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2005, 07:36 PM   #15
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Great stuff, allway's great to hear people taking the Ford brand into experimentation and getting some good result's, once upon a time it was all Chev/Holden branded product's at performance shop's, this Boss motor is one of the best thing's to happen to Ford Aus.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2005, 07:42 PM   #16
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Well done Chris and all involved, it's a testament to the time and effort put in and the rewards are coming

This phantom XR6T ute, was it the one in front of your workshop all week, with the hardlid and spoiler?? Wondered who's it was going past of a morning!

its a BOSS man!! 260 auto!!

you mongrel Rodderz, my coffee tastes as good as anybodys, might have to have a word with the local toggys next time if u dont stop by.....
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2005, 07:47 PM   #17
rodderz

lol... excuse the XR6T typo...couple of stouts under the belt!

Might take you up on a coffee sometime, only problem is i'm that late all the time, I'm whizzing past your work at warp speed!

btw...seen a yellow XR8 there too..is this another Bluepower mule ready for a Calder assault?
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2005, 08:07 PM   #18
AUGhiaV8

Good on ya my friend... well deserved (and no doubt more to come). :
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2005, 01:31 PM   #19
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

well done to Chris and David.
David has put in many hours at Calder this year, its much deserved...
now on to a 12 guy's.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
HPF had a XR8 ute out there was supposed to run a 12 from all reports it has 320 RWKW, went 13.20 with a bad launch.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
there was a F6 out there went 12.1
some quick times for all..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2005, 06:12 PM   #20
SLY XR8
Who's your Daddy now

While many hours have been spent out at calder i've only had the edit since the 1 april. Three meets at calder and in those three, my time has come down from 14.3 to 13.34 all thanks to Chris.

I did get the original stealth edit from herrod but the car pinged so it was returned to factory settings.

And yes can't wait to get some tyres for traction and look out 12's