Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
kempy311
BEN

Thumbs down Bad dealer service

Just serviced my car for the first time after purchasing it a year ago from NUford and one of the things that i had done before buying it was have them do a service as it was due and was written on the purchase invoice. I wanted them to do it as it still had a years warranty. Well today i went to service it and to my surprise I pulled of the oil filter to see it was a silverline filter and not a genuine motorcraft. I know that the car was looked at because when I picked it up it had a new service sticker on it. When I took the car home later that night I was looking through the service book I noticed it wasn't stamped and took the book back in to get stamped later that week. But either way you look at it is they either just stuck a new sticker on to keep me happy or they used a cheap rubbish filter which was suppose to be a genuine ford one. Well that was my rant and I will never ever go there again after finding this.

My Thread. The new whip: 2014 FGX XR8 Auto in victory gold. Mods : BMC air filter, 1500cc injectors, Walbro 485, 58mm kpm snout, kpm intercooler, 35% front and 20% rear tint, pedders supercar coilovers, whiteline sway bars, Phillips HIDs, lenso d1r wheels.
331rwkw.
12.7 sec stock as a rock with a passenger.
Now with 620rwhp ready to run the 10

built zf, built tailshaft, corn juice all to come.

The old rig: 2008 FG XR8 Auto in dash green with a tonne of mods to make 311rwkw.
kempy311 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #2
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Default Re: Bad dealer service

A few questions.

Had the car a year and took it in for a service?

Who says it has to be a genuine filter?

What is wrong with a silverline filter?

The filter currently on it would be easy to tell if it's new, or older than a year.

Did you take up your issues with NuFord, or just come on here to moan?
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #3
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Sorry to hear this mate. Its a fact that dealer service can be inconsistent and questionable sometimes.

If you want very good Dealer service in WA, go straight to McInerny Ford, Morley in the future.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
kempy311
BEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
A few questions.

Had the car a year and took it in for a service?

Who says it has to be a genuine filter?

What is wrong with a silverline filter?

The filter currently on it would be easy to tell if it's new, or older than a year.

Did you take up your issues with NuFord, or just come on here to moan?
No i serviced it myself
You would expect it to be genuine when you take it to a dealership to be serviced. Tell me you wouldn't?
I know that silverline filter are a cheaper make of filter and I dont want a cheap filter on my car that may not be as good as a name brand one or a genuine one.
How would you tell as the car is reasonably clean and gets changed every 5-7000kms.
Whats the point I cant take it back I had the filter in my hand they wouldn't believe me if I tryed and I also dont have the patience or the time to go there. I am just giving people a heads up.
My Thread. The new whip: 2014 FGX XR8 Auto in victory gold. Mods : BMC air filter, 1500cc injectors, Walbro 485, 58mm kpm snout, kpm intercooler, 35% front and 20% rear tint, pedders supercar coilovers, whiteline sway bars, Phillips HIDs, lenso d1r wheels.
331rwkw.

The old rig: 2008 FG XR8 Auto in dash green with a tonne of mods to make 311rwkw.

Last edited by kempy311; 26-05-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 26-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
Gavin Thomas
* 1962 XK Deluxe Sedan *

Yes the silverline brand is the base economy line at repco....i agree that you would have expected a genuine motorcraft filter to be fitted, as it should have been as "cheap" to supply it to themselves being a Ford dealer.

Maybe a lesson learn't mate would be don't leave it for a year to check what was promised as part of a used car sale.

Always better to organise your own Mechanic to get the service "history" up-to-date on a newly aqquired second hand vehicle. This way you can be more confident of starting off at a good known service point.

Cheers.

Last edited by Gavin Thomas; 26-05-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Gavin Thomas is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #6
richo77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

NuFord are easily the biggest shonks in Perth, i'll never buy or service anything from them again! You posted in my thread Ben, are you surprised at what you got??

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ghlight=nuford

Edit - just re-read your post, you serviced it yourself after nuford
richo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #7
kempy311
BEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by richo77
NuFord are easily the biggest shonks in Perth, i'll never buy or service anything from them again! You posted in my thread Ben, are you surprised at what you got??

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ghlight=nuford

Edit - just re-read your post, you serviced it yourself after nuford
Na mate I have not serviced it till today they rebooked the service for it after 6 months and I told them they was dream as it had only done about 3000kms.
331rwkw.

Old 26-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #8
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempy311
Na mate I have not serviced it till today they rebooked the service for it after 6 months and I told them they was dream as it had only done about 3000kms.
3000kms or not, id still being doing the service after 6 months. 12 months is a long time between drinks imo.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #9
kempy311
BEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
3000kms or not, id still being doing the service after 6 months. 12 months is a long time between drinks imo.
I don't think so as it doesn't see any track days etc.
331rwkw.

Old 27-05-2012, 12:27 AM   #10
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra
If you want very good Dealer service in WA, go straight to McInerny Ford, Morley in the future.
Best dealer in town, in my opinion. I get my car serviced there, despite living south of the river.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #11
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

Yeah I had bad experience with nuford too. Took mine in for service in december and they overfilled my battery with water. I didn't notice until paint started flaking in my engine bay! Not happy!
Old 28-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #12
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

just to let you know silverline may be a cheapo filter but it will filter your oil better than a motorcraft one. i have been using silverline ones for years and will never go motorcraft or ryco ever again.
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2012, 06:30 PM   #13
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by yift
just to let you know silverline may be a cheapo filter but it will filter your oil better than a motorcraft one. i have been using silverline ones for years and will never go motorcraft or ryco ever again.
That may or may not be true. We're not really comparing the performance of oil filters here though.
I'm pretty sure that all Ford dealers use motorcraft oil filters as standard when carrying out a service.
The fact that a different type of filter was there was evidence that a full service had not been done.

Saying this though... to some people (not me of course) a service could just mean dropping the oil and topping up the fluids. New filters would be extra.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #14
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

yeah i sort of went off topic with that one.

The OP did ask for a service and the least they could have done is used a motorcraft filter. Silverline, ryco, valvoline etc filters do meet or exceed original equiptment specs so in turn they did put a filter that will keep the warranty on the car.

i know Ford dealers are using certain parts for a few vehicles made by other manufacturers because these parts are not being produced because of the Thai floods from last year. Brake pads for the falcon are on example, i am not sure if they have started importing them from the USA yet or not but dealers were/are using bendix pads. i doubt that oil filters have been affected by this but i may be wrong.
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2012, 12:02 AM   #15
jixel 78

Why would they bother with an aftermarket filter when the genuine part is on the shelf? Why would they stuff around waiting for the aftermarket part to come in to save 5 bucks? Why change the filter if its only done 3000ks?Why bang on about this 12 months down the track if youre more than capable of servicing your own car? Doesnt add up.
jixel 78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #16
jixel 78

Why would they bother with an aftermarket filter when the genuine part is on the shelf? Why would they stuff around waiting for the aftermarket part to come in to save 5 bucks? I know. They wouldnt have.
Old 29-05-2012, 12:14 AM   #17
kempy311
BEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jixel 78
Why would they bother with an aftermarket filter when the genuine part is on the shelf? Why would they stuff around waiting for the aftermarket part to come in to save 5 bucks? Why change the filter if its only done 3000ks?Why bang on about this 12 months down the track if youre more than capable of servicing your own car? Doesnt add up.
They should have had the part on the shelf and yes it would only be a couple of dollars different that makes me wonder if they changed it at all.
Why wouldn't you change the filter its at its 12 month service are you telling me you would just change the oil.
I have only said this now as i have only just found out about it. The only reason I had them service it was it was in there yard and it was still under warranty.
331rwkw.

Old 29-05-2012, 12:27 AM   #18
jixel 78

So youre telling me that after all those fully sick mods, brakes, rims, swaybars, exhaust, spoilers, mirrors, globes, springs stereo,.....youre only changing the oil now?
Old 29-05-2012, 01:28 AM   #19
kempy311
BEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jixel 78
So youre telling me that after all those fully sick mods, brakes, rims, swaybars, exhaust, spoilers, mirrors, globes, springs stereo,.....youre only changing the oil now?
That is exactly what I'm telling you. Don't believe me thats up to you.
331rwkw.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #20
XXXR
Too Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra
Sorry to hear this mate. Its a fact that dealer service can be inconsistent and questionable sometimes.

Agreed!

After having repeated TERRIBLE service from Titan Ford i switched to McInerney Ford Service and it's like day and night!

It Doesn't really matter whether you go to their Morley department or their Belmont department; the difference is that they actually CARE!!
Within one service i had about 3 issues that had been brushed off by other service departments for about 18 months sorted easily and without a fuss.

I know John Hughes bangs on about 'choosing your dealer before choosing your car' but it makes a huge difference to the end users ownership experience.
XXXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post