Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-10-2009, 02:04 AM   #1
morgsj50
Starter Motor

Default airport parking

just a heads up to anyone parking their precious at the airport, i just got back from 2 days in s.a. and parked at andrews airport parking at tullamarine... only to get back and find the glass in my passenger mirror gone and the mirror all fubared and after refusing to drive the car home in the state in which they had delivered it to me was told to catch a cab home at my expense... which for me is about a 60 dollar fare... i understand that happens and it could happen anywhere and to anyone, but to be told i'll have to find my own way home was abit rude, especially at 1130 on a weeknight when people dont like being called out of the blue cos they gotta work in the a.m....

morgsj50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 09:18 AM   #2
iCat
doof doof doof doof

i've used andrew's heaps and never had a problem like this, but i've always wondered about the care factor. so now i know care factor = zilch. last time i was there i pointed out to them that i saw they kept the car keys to each car on their premises on top of the pax side front wheel........
iCat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #3
XKool

I have been parking my car at the "Andrews Airport Parking" in Brissie for years and I have never had a problem like that... They have always been outstanding with their service.

D.
XKool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 02:28 PM   #4
Linkachu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Id be writing a letter to someone higher up in the company explaining what happened.
Linkachu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 04:04 PM   #5
morgsj50
Starter Motor

The guy I spoke to was the duty manager, he rang his boss who apparently couldn't give a and told him to deal with it. The damage I'm not too fussed about, it's gonna get fixed, it's the poor treatment of the customer that I have an issue with, to be pretty much told "too bad, make your own way home, at your expense" even though it's their fault i'm stuck there, is pretty rude...
Old 01-10-2009, 04:39 PM   #6
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgsj50
The guy I spoke to was the duty manager, he rang his boss who apparently couldn't give a and told him to deal with it. The damage I'm not too fussed about, it's gonna get fixed, it's the poor treatment of the customer that I have an issue with, to be pretty much told "too bad, make your own way home, at your expense" even though it's their fault i'm stuck there, is pretty rude...
I parked there once and never again. Was told I'd have to wait a half hour for their shuttle bus to get back as one was off the road only to be told once it did get back that we'd have to wait "as long as it takes" to get more passengers. We only just made our check in time (we were plenty early when we got to Andrew's) and the only reason we did is because I pointed out to them that if I missed my flight they would be paying for all costs incurred by me due to the fact that they advertise that they will get you there on time.

I park at Jetport (I think it is anyway) now, the one where you park your own car. I feel much better about doing it myself.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 05:46 PM   #7
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

Well i work at the Airport and drive the big orange Long Term CarPark buses, and i wouldnt leave a car with any of those small parking places
The LTCP is safe,secure and we drive around it 24/7.
Plus you should see some of the vehicles that park in there , Rollers , Jags, Aston Martins, plus the odd GT or 2..
Old 01-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #8
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I live 15 mins from the airport and get friends/family to leave their car at my house and drive/pick them up from airport.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:52 PM   #9
morgsj50
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSM-EL
Well i work at the Airport and drive the big orange Long Term CarPark buses, and i wouldnt leave a car with any of those small parking places
Plus you should see some of the vehicles that park in there , Rollers , Jags, Aston Martins, plus the odd GT or 2..
Lol well it's a pretty safe bet I won't use Andrews again...
Old 01-10-2009, 06:54 PM   #10
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKool
I have been parking my car at the "Andrews Airport Parking" in Brissie for years and I have never had a problem like that... They have always been outstanding with their service.

D.
No problems with Andrews in Brisbane, been very happy their service. Same Company ?
Old 01-10-2009, 06:58 PM   #11
EFPWR
B-Series Powered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
I parked there once and never again. Was told I'd have to wait a half hour for their shuttle bus to get back as one was off the road only to be told once it did get back that we'd have to wait "as long as it takes" to get more passengers. We only just made our check in time (we were plenty early when we got to Andrew's) and the only reason we did is because I pointed out to them that if I missed my flight they would be paying for all costs incurred by me due to the fact that they advertise that they will get you there on time.

I park at Jetport (I think it is anyway) now, the one where you park your own car. I feel much better about doing it myself.
Used to work there, they were a great bunch back then. I'd park there if I needed to travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSM-EL
I've heard countless stories of people parking there and coming back to their cars gone.. *shrugs*
Old 01-10-2009, 09:15 PM   #12
XW 393
"WHEEZER" POWERED

I work off Western Avenue (Andrews back gates are adjacent to me) and I am surprised that there is not many more incidents, the amount of cars left out in the street and in the empty building/warehouse and on the empty land across the road etc and the way these cars are driven is at times shocking.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:18 PM   #13
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

even if i had an ek holden they would`nt be putting they`re grubby little hands on it.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2009, 02:29 AM   #14
morgsj50
Starter Motor

well, they replaced the mirror and told me if i want it painted to get it done and send them the bill, although when i picked the car up and asked to speak to someone about it i was told they have no managers on after hours which makes me wonder what sorta operation they're runnin there... not only do they not give a about there customers but they leave the office staff to deal with ****ed off customers... must be a great place to work....
Old 02-10-2009, 08:50 AM   #15
iCat
doof doof doof doof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
I live 15 mins from the airport and get friends/family to leave their car at my house and drive/pick them up from airport.
you may find yourself with many new friends lol

eek, not using Andrews any more - love threads like this, very informative.
iCat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2009, 09:03 AM   #16
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
well, they replaced the mirror and told me if i want it painted to get it done and send them the bill, although when i picked the car up and asked to speak to someone about it i was told they have no managers on after hours which makes me wonder what sorta operation they're runnin there... not only do they not give a about there customers but they leave the office staff to deal with ****ed off customers... must be a great place to work....
That's rubbish mate, honestly if you've walked out of there without giving them a clip round the ear you've done well. Why should it be up to you to sort out the rest of the repair and then wait and hope that they actually fix the bill. You would have thought that a business like this would know how to deal with minor incidents like this, instead they've decided that it has to be bigger than what it is.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #17
EFPWR
B-Series Powered!

Quote:
Oh, when I said I used to work there, I ment Jetport.. not Andrews. Was considering working there until I heard they were very hard on their employees.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #18
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFPWR
Oh, when I said I used to work there, I ment Jetport.. not Andrews. Was considering working there until I heard they were very hard on their employees.
Jetport are great, even at 4.30 in the morning we were greeted by happy staff.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #19
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

While I haven't used them, I often drive past the Brisbane depot. It surprises me that they offer secure parking, yet at holiday periods they're filled to capacity and then fill Nudgee Rd with customers cars - dozens of cars parked overnight on a main road. That's secure?
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them
Captain Stubing is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #20
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny
While I haven't used them, I often drive past the Brisbane depot. It surprises me that they offer secure parking, yet at holiday periods they're filled to capacity and then fill Nudgee Rd with customers cars - dozens of cars parked overnight on a main road. That's secure?
I live just around the corner from them and often wonder the same thing, theres been a few tasty looking cars parked on the road for days on end.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #21
morgsj50
Starter Motor

Quote:
Lol I got ya... I'd imagine Andrews wouldn't be a great place to work if there's no manager on after hours so the office staff have to deal with ****ed off people and have no back up... And the one I had to deal with couldn't cope very well under preassure...
Old 02-10-2009, 04:14 PM   #22
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

Quote:
Used to work there, they were a great bunch back then. I'd park there if I needed to travel.

I've heard countless stories of people parking there and coming back to their cars gone.. *shrugs*

Im sure U have..........................
Old 02-10-2009, 06:12 PM   #23
morgsj50
Starter Motor

oh and on top of everything else... no refund... so i have to pay for the priveledge of being dicked around by these cnuts
Old 02-10-2009, 06:50 PM   #24
bob^
LPS

Sorry mate, they can't afford to help you out. They only make $18 from people who leave their car parked for between 1 and 2 hours!
The place is a rort.
bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2009, 10:07 PM   #25
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks for the thread, if I ever fly again I will not be parking my pushbike at andrews, or anything else for that matter, thanks for sharing your story OP

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2009, 11:17 PM   #26
morgsj50
Starter Motor

Now it looks like I'm gettin the run around with the issue of it being painted too...
Old 03-10-2009, 07:31 AM   #27
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

I am talking in genreal about these types of parking places, I work in insurance recoveries and I can tell you for fact they are terrible to try and recover from. Even if it damage is caused by one of thier staff they deny liability and unless you have an independant witness you cannot prove otherwise as it usally happens when you are not there.

From a technical insurance point of veiw though, in cases like this even if you can prove it was one of thier staff that damage your car whilst in thier care your excess is payable, the reason being is by leaving it in thier care you have given them permission to drive the car, therefore they act as your agent, which would be the same as if you yourself drove the car and damaged it.
However having said that if insurers do recover in full the excess will be refunded to you as they cannot make a profit on a recovery.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:53 AM   #28
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Hmmmmm. Anyone tried UNITED AIRPORT parking at Tullamarine ?

I'm off to the GOLD COAST on Monday and will be leaving my car with them for 5 days.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2009, 11:55 AM   #29
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

I always park in the multi story one at the airport terminals, there is a long term and a short term. Costs a bit more, but you park it, and take your keys with you. No waiting on buses etc. Never had a problem. I will never park anywhere that makes you leave your keys, just asking for trouble. They employ people who get paid minimum and so their care factor is always minimum.

A good mate of mine has the contract for all the security cameras at the airport and I can tell you every inch is covered by cameras and recorded.

As I said, Costs a bit more, but for me it's worth it. Work usually pays anyway.
GTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2009, 07:12 PM   #30
morgsj50
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgb
I always park in the multi story one at the airport terminals, there is a long term and a short term. Costs a bit more, but you park it, and take your keys with you. No waiting on buses etc. Never had a problem. I will never park anywhere that makes you leave your keys, just asking for trouble. They employ people who get paid minimum and so their care factor is always minimum.

A good mate of mine has the contract for all the security cameras at the airport and I can tell you every inch is covered by cameras and recorded.

As I said, Costs a bit more, but for me it's worth it. Work usually pays anyway.
Might give that a go next time...