Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 20-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #1
Mickey6050
Starter Motor

Default Leaky sunroof

Hi, I have a 2010 Titanium. We have had a bit of rain here in Perth and I noticed the sunroof leaks a little. At the rear of the roof you can slip your fingers into what feels like a metal gutter which gets wet? It not in danger of overflowing but does catch some water. I don't think any is coming into the car. Has anyone else found the same. Going to see the dealer about it, hopefully this week.

Had the car a little over a year now, just cracked 10 K, all going well. Only had one issue where the car would apparently "wake up" and drain the battery. The dealer gave it a software upgrade and it doesn't "wake up" any more.
Averaging about 7.4 liters per 100 ks, that's just city driving 50 and 60 K zones.

Happy driving
Michael

Mickey6050 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #2
stuart

Default Re: Leaky sunroof

Hello Mickey,

I also had a sun roof leaking problem - ended up being a kinked hose in one of the drain outlets. When it rained hard the water backed up and flowed into the cabin down a side pillar to the floor under the upholstery. Phew-ah!

Have a look at link http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11346973

Good luck with it.
MA TDCi Mondeo sedan
AU Fairmont sedan
EL Futura sedan
EF Futura wagon
XD 4 Ltr sedan
stuart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default Re: Leaky sunroof

My MA leaked. They changed the seal, which was deforming when shut, and that fixed it.

Thank you warranty.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post