Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2007, 08:37 PM   #16
EvilChief
Boost Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado
I think he was talking to Chooka67

correct

chooka67 threw a commecnt wildly into this thread without explanation, which was totally wrong advise. such people and such advise drive me up the palm tree, as we hear these stories every day at work when customers come in and come up with some amazing internet sagas.

au2sw: i understand where u r coming from and u gave an explanation why, hence i was happy to explain my side in my first reply to you, and yes i have seen some nicely warped rotors too, which are too close to machining, but we only machine between .2 and .4mm in a rough cut and .1mm in a fine cat which totals in a max of .5mm per side, totaling 1mm overall and that has solved some of the worst warpages u can find, coming from sprint cars

as for pads, sure if they have 5 or 6mm left id recommend to replace them while at it, we normally dont recommend till 3 to 4mm per pad on a regular street car a bit more on a performance orientated car (or we know the owner gives it stick), but if u still have 10+mm, again no need to replace, especially when u run some good pads
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post