Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #1
Supersnake
Starter Motor

Default BA XR8 ute exhaust onto AU ute

G'day guys, wondering if anyone could help me out. I can pick up a very low km twin 2.5 inch exhaust from a BA XR8 for $200.

I was thinking that perhaps I could fit it to my AU V8 ute by getting the Y pipe modified or a new one made to allow for the possible difference where it joins to the cats.

Does anyone know if the middle and tailpipe section will fit under the AU without any dramas? Hard to find a twin system for the AU and a I've been quoted $850-900 for a custom press bent system. Figured I could save some cash for other things potentially.

Cheers!

[IMG]
image upload no size limit[/IMG]

Supersnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2014, 10:22 PM   #2
speedzter

Default Re: BA XR8 ute exhaust onto AU ute

I fitted the rear stock pipe from my old BA xr8, but didn't use the middle section. should be some pics here:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...postcount=1042
speedzter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-09-2014, 12:39 AM   #3
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

So I've done this with a BA turbo system onto a 6cyl ute, as I picked it up cheap as well.

Rear section (over diff) fits fine. Both mounts were there
Mid section (muffler) fits fine. Single mount at the rear of the muffler lines up.

Front section (cat) doesn't fit. Fouled random bracket/hanger on chassis rail (which can be removed). Hanger to gearbox didn't line up, as AU's use the gearbox mount, BA's use the mass dampener to mount (buy the right one and it bolts up) which is further rearward. Also fouled with the gearbox mount lip, which had to be "clearances". Length also issue as I used with pacemaker header.

Obviously our front sections are different. But I could grab some measurements of where the front/mid join point to see how close it is
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-09-2014, 01:04 PM   #4
Supersnake
Starter Motor

Thanks heaps for that guys. Decided to call a few of the local exhaust shops to see if they could help with fitting it up, but they all pretty much didn't really want to help. Guess there's not much in it for them!

Anyone know a brisbane southside exhaust place who would be happy to do a job like this?

I guess another option is the cheap redback catbacks you can buy, anyone had any experience with them?

Thanks again!
Supersnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post