Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-10-2014, 11:59 PM   #1
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Need help identifying something

hope this isn't a silly question, but in front off the front left wheel is a box mounted to the body of the car, we'll this box has come out of its bracket and has been run over by the car... I can't find any information on what the box was and what is for, there were about 3 houses that went into it, one leads to nothing which ends just in front of the intake box, the other leads to the a/c hose and the 3rd one looks like it goes in /under the intake plenum. I get the feeling its some sort of filter / breather. What is it? Should I urgently fix it, is the car fine to drive in the mean time?

bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2014, 06:53 AM   #2
rmack

Default Re: Need help identifying something

It is the cars charcoal canister, part of the evaporative emission control (EVAP) system.

Rather than venting fumes from the petrol tank to the atmosphere, the EVAP system allow the fumes to flow into the canister that contains activated carbon capable of adsorbing the vapour preventing petrol smell.
7" DVD/GPS Radio
19" Wheels

HIS
FG XR8 Ute
Lux Pack
Tech Pack
Touch Screen GPS

Last edited by rmack; 03-10-2014 at 07:02 AM.
rmack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2014, 08:43 AM   #3
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Need help identifying something

Am I right in assuming that hose is leading into the intake manifold, should I zip tie that hose to prevent an vacuum leak until I replace the canister?
bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post