Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-10-2015, 09:45 PM   #1
billy77781
Starter Motor

Default Ford Falcon AUIII Ute Audio System

Hello, I would like to replace the audio system in my ute and was wondering if this was possible so I can listen to my music from my Samsung phone.. I would like to get a Bluetooth and possibly a reversing camera. Thanks.
billy77781 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2015, 01:01 AM   #2
Fyrestorm
Spanner Thrower

Default Re: Ford Falcon AUIII Ute Audio System

Rather simple to do it in an au. Remove the standard head unit, pick a head unit that has the ability to do Bluetooth and video (for the camera) and a wiring loom (cleaner and a fair bit easier then splicing and soldering)

Given that you would like to attach a reversing camera I would probably suggest a double DIN head unit
Current Mods: Fairmont Cluster, LED's Changed to Purple, Lukey Competition Extractors, 2.5" Hi flow Cat, Hi-Stall Converter, ED Box with FG internals, AUIII VCT Fuel Rail + Injectors, F6 Fuel Regulator, Stereo upgrade, Aftermarket LPG.

Awaiting Wife Approval Mods:

TE50 Front Bar, AU Tickford/SR Interior, Roof Racks, Slimline Weathershields, 2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, 27mm Front Sway Bar, Other Shiny things!
Fyrestorm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 31-10-2015, 07:22 AM   #3
billy77781
Starter Motor

Thanks for replying. Can you recommend any? Thanks.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:19 AM   #4
Fyrestorm
Spanner Thrower

I could recommend pioneer head units for the audio, and I have written up a guide on how-to make the steering wheel buttons work with pioneer head units, but for video use I havnt really explored that deep into. I do know that wiring up the camera would be a pain to do.

Is this something you are having a go yourself or would you be getting a shop to install it?
Current Mods: Fairmont Cluster, LED's Changed to Purple, Lukey Competition Extractors, 2.5" Hi flow Cat, Hi-Stall Converter, ED Box with FG internals, AUIII VCT Fuel Rail + Injectors, F6 Fuel Regulator, Stereo upgrade, Aftermarket LPG.

TE50 Front Bar, AU Tickford/SR Interior, Roof Racks, Slimline Weathershields, 2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, 27mm Front Sway Bar, Other Shiny things!
This user likes this post:
Old 02-11-2015, 08:13 PM   #5
billy77781
Starter Motor

Hi, I will probably pass on the reversing camera than and I am just going to get some one in to do it. I will look at getting the pioneer now with no touch screen now. Thanks.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:50 PM   #6
billy77781
Starter Motor

Ok I am looking at getting the Pioneer FH-X775BT I like it as I can play my music from my Samsung s5 Bluetooth and also hands free calling. This may be a stupid question but will it fit?

And also I read on this site http://www.strathfieldcarradios.com....uetooth-tuner/ that it has a remote control steering wheel input. Would that make it easier to connect it to the steering wheel buttons? Thanks.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:22 PM   #7
Fyrestorm
Spanner Thrower

Being a double DIN it would be a direct fit, unlike a single DIN which would need a pocket.

The "remote control steering wheel input" I believe is a remote that you can attach to your steering wheel. The steering wheel buttons already on the steering wheel would not work unless you use the guide (it's in the technical documents section of the forums)

Old 02-11-2015, 10:40 PM   #8
billy77781
Starter Motor

I read that guide but it sounds a little to complicated for me to do. I would likely get someone to install the unit to also do that. Thanks for your help.