Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 09:25 PM   #1
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
China rolling out their vaccine this week; plan is to vaccinate a couple of million military first.
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...ary-use-china/

Nothing personal but I might just wait for something tested locally.
I wonder if its like the UK and their Porton Down lab.

We're looking for volunteers to test our new common cold vaccine!

Quote:
It was 1953, and the 20-year-old had been tempted by an advert promising volunteers for tests at the government’s secretive chemical laboratory 15 shillings and an assurance no harm would come to them.

LAC Maddison was planning to use the small fee to buy an engagement ring for his girlfriend, Mary Pyle. An hour later he died in agony.

Drops of the nerve agent Sarin had been dripped onto his arm through two layers of cloth but had absorbed through his skin much faster than the scientists had expected.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...th-serviceman/
This user likes this post:
Old 01-07-2020, 10:06 PM   #2
PhilT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I wonder if its like the UK and their Porton Down lab.
Govts of the past have never hesitated to use people as lab rats. The Tuskagee airmen experiment is a good example and there are plenty of records of soldiers standing near nuclear blasts.

Vaccines are no different from any other medical treatment. There have been mistakes and there will be again no matter how careful we are. But a thousand kids a day used to get polio in India and that doesn't happen any more thanks to Bill Gates and the WHO. The conspiracy nutters can't take away the fact that we now live longer healthier lives.
2 users like this post:
Old 01-07-2020, 10:30 PM   #3
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
Govts of the past have never hesitated to use people as lab rats. The Tuskagee airmen experiment is a good example and there are plenty of records of soldiers standing near nuclear blasts.

Vaccines are no different from any other medical treatment. There have been mistakes and there will be again no matter how careful we are. But a thousand kids a day used to get polio in India and that doesn't happen any more thanks to Bill Gates and the WHO. The conspiracy nutters can't take away the fact that we now live longer healthier lives.
Good post, but Tuskegee airmen = Lab rats ?
Old 01-07-2020, 10:45 PM   #4
PhilT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
Good post, but Tuskegee airmen = Lab rats ?
Apologies, "airmen" shouldn't be there just "Tuskagee experiment"
https://www.cdc.gov/tuskegee/timeline.htm
This user likes this post:
Old 02-07-2020, 05:31 PM   #5
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav
The case against lockdown - look at Sweden
It's complicated. I've answered this a few times now and am getting sick of repeating myself.

Anyone who wants to "judge" sweden first has to understand WHY they did what they did. Then you need to wait until the final whistle. It is still far too early to conclude whether they failed or succeeded.

Note FWIW we are doing EXACTLY what they did in 1918. Virtually the whole world is tracking that behavior precisely. THAT is terrifying if it mutates to a faster mortality form. If the timeline is like 1918 that will happen in our spring. Ask me for answers next christmas, 2021.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender
I’m honestly confused now about who can go where and do what, just in Australia!
I can go to my fridge and retrieve a cold bottle of tequila. That's all _I_ need to know...
Old 02-07-2020, 06:50 PM   #6
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzis3 View Post
It's complicated. I've answered this a few times now and am getting sick of repeating myself.

Anyone who wants to "judge" sweden first has to understand WHY they did what they did. Then you need to wait until the final whistle. It is still far too early to conclude whether they failed or succeeded.
The guy who designed Sweden's response does not agree with your opinion. He has had death threats and uses bodyguards when out in public.

Don't wiss off Vikings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse
https://www.livescience.com/results-...-response.html

The epidemiologist who led Sweden's controversial COVID-19 response, which did not involve a strict lockdown, now says that the country should have done more to stop the spread of the virus, according to news reports.

"If we were to run into the same disease, knowing exactly what we know about it today, I think we would end up doing something in between what Sweden did and what the rest of the world has done," Anders Tegnell, the state epidemiologist of the Public Health Agency of Sweden, told Swedish Radio on June 3, according to Reuters.