Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
xp_wannabe

Default Manual Pedal Box Reassembly

G'day,

Had the pedal box out this weekend for the ol' straighten up and bracing/rewelding.

Could one of my fellow manual AU owners please jump underneath and take a pic of how the brake pedal switch mounts up? I didn't pay enough attention when taking it apart and now can't remember how it goes back together...

Here is the part I'm talking about:

Oh and here is a bad pic of what I did with the pedal box for the dreaded bent clutch pedal mount:

That is a large washer added on to stiffen up where the shaft is welded to the box. There is another plate welded onto the other side that you can't see. Sorry for the lack of pics, was in a rush to get it back together :(

Thanks, Mark

xp_wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
mongrelEF
Bugger!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always offers competent advice. Always willing to help out in person. Never negative towards another. Always respectful. Always offers viable suggestions for solutions. 
Default Re: Manual Pedal Box Reassembly

The closed hole goes on the shaft, the brake rod goes in the center of the switch, then the open hole goes on the shaft.
Old 29-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
xp_wannabe

Thanks mate. Does the end of the switch with the wiring point towards the drivers seat or towards the firewall?

It seems as though the way the wiring loom wants to settle in is with the wiring end pointing towards the seat, the open hole going on first and the closed hole going on last...

Also there is a black plastic collar, a thick blue plastic spacer, and a thinner green plastic spacer, can you remember the order of them?

Last edited by xp_wannabe; 29-04-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old 30-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #4
robertjp

Black spacer goes into the hole in the brake pushrode. Blue spacer goes first, the switch over the pushrod goes next (pointing towards the right as this is where the connector is and the green spacer goes on last. Finally the locking pin goes in from above and all should be sweet. By the did you remove the bracket for the brake booster (or is this what you are talking about ) and how hards was it do?

Robert
robertjp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #5
xp_wannabe

Thanks mate.

as per your question, no, I removed the pedal box, the large "bracket" that the clutch and brake pedals mount to. It wasn't too bad of a job, especially since I took out the front seat and the steering column.

Only annoying thing is when I put it back together, I mustn't have put some sound deading back on right and now I have an annoying noise coming through to the cabin... :(