Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-11-2006, 12:06 AM   #1
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

Default URGENT - AU Forte doors wont lock! HELP NEEDED!

I just got a call from a mate who has an AUIII Forte sedan - he lives in Telopea (not good area of Sydney) and parks his car on the street.

...and he cant lock his doors! This means he cant leave his car - as I guarantee it will be stolen before morning if he does!

Basically what is happening:
all the doors shut, but the interior light stays on and the doors lock, but instantly unlock and the car "beeps" (dunno how many times)

He has tried opening and shutting all the doors multiple times to try and fix it.

Please help! This guy is a Nurse on shift work - he is very tired and has to be up at sparrow fart tomorrow morning so he cant stay next to his car all night!

ANY suggestions? ANY at all!

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2006, 12:09 AM   #2
Shonky

UPDATE: Car "beeps" 4 to 5 times when attempting to lock.

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:10 AM   #3
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like a door lock actuator has gone. Nothing he really can do, until he gets it replaced. What happens is that, one of the door locks has failed, and can't lock. That way when you go to lock, that one door is unlocking all the other doors.

Otherwise, make sure the interior handles are in their normal position, and not half-open, which causes the same thing to happen.

Chuck a club lock on it. Or sleep in the car with a bat.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:19 AM   #4
Shonky

Thanks heaps dude. Hes trying the interior handle theory now.

It aint looking good! Actuators are about $170 arent they? and I doubt he can get one fitted at 11:15pm on a Monday night...

Any other suggestions?

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Old 07-11-2006, 12:30 AM   #5
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah they are about that brand new from Ford. Second hand, they can be had around $50-100, if your lucky.

Otherwise, you could pull of each door trim, and try and lock them from the inside, and disconnect the central locking and then lock the drivers door with the key?

Before he leaves the car if he does, pop the bonnet and disconnect the battery, and maybe a few leads as well.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:35 AM   #6
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If he figures out which door it is you can take off the door trim and disconnect the metal rod that connects the external door handle to the opening mechanism, thereby making that door unable to be opened from the outside so no-one can get in. Make sure child lock is OFF before doing this though. Cheers.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2006, 02:35 AM   #7
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

Might be a bit late, lock the doors from the inside, crawl out through the boot?? if it can lock from inside at all.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:59 AM   #8
The Monty
Just slidin'

Its the actuator on one of the doors.My front left went, got it fixed, then the left rear went that night. The part no. is BAF F21813 A for the Lock Assembly for the front left and you will also need BAF 14A584 A which is the loom as the AU part has been superseded with a BA/F part, with different wiring. I payed $143.20 for the both, just ask for a trade discount, lol.