Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 25-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Washing & Waxing?

I've been looking over a few Ford forums including some European ones about what products I should use to clean my Fiesta, but I'm still at a loss with what to use. This has come about as I'm noticing swirl marks all over my white finish, and I'm not sure if I'm washing wrong or using the wrong products. I've noticed a few from the Euro side have gotten onto some great products, but they are not available in Australia. Just out of interest, what do you guys use? I've read that Euro paint if different from regular paint and needs extra care as it's softer. Any truth to that?

Old 25-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Go to the forum sponser, "waxit". I bought their Wolfgang Superior kit and I use that to wash/detail my Fiesta
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2010, 04:20 PM   #3
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCPWSF
Go to the forum sponser, "waxit". I bought their Wolfgang Superior kit and I use that to wash/detail my Fiesta

^^^^ Cant go wrong with the products and proefssional advice from waxit
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #4
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

*doh* I didn't even think bout all our sponsors. They even do training sessions. Sweet. I'm currently using Bowdens Own but they seem a bit rich.
Old 31-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #5
taza88
Starter Motor

swirl is very common and is often caused by chamois drying. there are some simple products that a are pretty inexpensive such as Meguires Swirl remover. I personally use a high quality carnauba wax and then a product call ICE (available at most car stores such as Autobarn, and even at Big W) as a liquid polish finish. both are simple and easy to find and give great results.

Good Luck!

Runner up at 2010 All Ford Day (4 cylinder class).
taza88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2010, 07:16 PM   #6
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Taza. I'll look into a swirl remover, didn't know that existed. Anyone wanting to get some quality products should definitely contact Waxit. The service I got from them was unreal, back up by professional advice. Going to finish my Bowdens pack (it cost like $200 so I might as well get my moneys worth out of it) then move to something a bit better.