Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 03-02-2010, 06:21 PM   #1
Cyborg1978

Default Iphone Mount

Hi members
Has any one come across an elegant mount for the Iphone in the FEZ. I wont it down near the USB so I can pug in an use the Ipod, which by the way alwas turns on via bluetooth every time I hop in the car.

Cyborg1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 06:52 PM   #2
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Bluetooth is an issue with Ford and not the iPhone. Many members in the US who have Ford Sync on their Focus have that same issue, as soon as the Bluetooth activates the music starts playing on their iPhone. Same with mine, but I just leave it on USB and open up iPod on my iPhone and pause music playback.

As for the in-car dock, I have the TomTom for iPhone cradle. It's expensive, yes, but the inbuilt GPS makes up the the iPhones tiny GPS chip. Plus it charges, looks great, fits great, it easy to use, has a speaker built in and can be attached on the windscreen or via a little sticky pad near the USB I suppose. For a basic but quality unit though, Kensington have the best. You can buy one on eBay for chips. Links are below.

Kensington iPhone cradle
http://store.apple.com/au/product/TX...co=MTY3ODQ5OTY

TomTom iPhone cradle
http://store.apple.com/au/product/TX...co=MTY3ODQ5OTY

Both mount to windows, but you can but a USB extension cord, run it under the seat and door sills, and connect it to the windscreen. That's what I've done with my TomTom cradle, looks fully integrated now. Not sure of many ways to store it near the USB though
Old 04-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #3
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

Here's a VERY expensive way to do it:
iPhone Car Kit

Im Thinking of doin this to my WP, cause we dont have USB or Bluetooth connectivity for our headunits....

WP & WQ Drivers need these mounts:
WP Mount
WQ Mount
Holder/Cradle
Plus we need this headunit : Alpine CDE-103EBT (about $320)

But for guys wit the a WS Fez:
Mount
Holder/Cradle

More Holder/Cradle Options
Panther Black

17" Lenso Type M ~ Wrapped w/ Falken Tyres
Pedders Sports Ryder Lowered Springs
St Rear Spoiler
InnerDevil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2010, 10:34 PM   #4
Cyborg1978

Thanks for the idea guys. I like the look of the fez specific unit. To bad the fez didn't come with a cradel like othe euro cars. BMW have a great set up in the center console it's pretty much a factory dock.
Cyborg1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post