Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-07-2020, 12:27 PM   #2221
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Its still not a fast car
D & R the battery then drive it like you stole it.
Fed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2020, 01:00 PM   #2222
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Seeing six men not bow to pressure and stand their ground.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2020, 01:41 PM   #2223
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed View Post
D & R the battery then drive it like you stole it.
No banana action around power poles for me mate.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2020, 01:47 PM   #2224
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Receiving the latest Vicroads rego renewal and finding it $10 cheaper than last year.
Better pay it quick before they realise they have made a mistake.lol
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-07-2020, 08:40 PM   #2225
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Couple of diligent young blokes achieved this in 3 1/2 hours. Tidy enough work; they’re now putting in the approved fill as I type.

Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-07-2020, 04:52 PM   #2226
Kicking back

Last week when i took my kid out for dinner i suggested a racing simulator for him to download to his laptop. My kid is 10 and likes cars. Simulators are different to car games on the ps4 etc. Anyhow, speaking yesterday, he did download the simulator and has had some fun with it already. But the free version limits to 3 cars and 1 track. You gotta pay for a licence to unlock everything. Its a 1 off, and i paid the $18 before my kid was even born. So i gave him my login. Speaking with him today, the boy is happy as larry. Its a simulator not a car game, so cars cannot be modified per say, but all the suspension settings, brake bias etc, gear ratios and diff type etc, all that can be adjusted. So its not just up to the car, its the driver and how they have set up the car. Its new to my kid as he isnt used to games that have not only tyre wear, but tyre temp and clutch temp. But he is happy, im also happy, his mum is typically annoyed by how happy and how much my kid carries on about what dad did. Its gold.
Old 07-07-2020, 05:28 PM   #2227
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With all the bad news, this made me smile. Life will always find a way:

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/pa...90514ffe39082e
Old 07-07-2020, 09:39 PM   #2228
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Early bedtime (by my usual standards). Luxury.
Old 07-07-2020, 10:00 PM   #2229
Kicking back

Being a tuesday, i took my kid to dinner, and being school holidays, he is staying with my mum. Unless is dad worthy i treat my boy like a little brother. My mum often questions who is the bigger child. Im both older and taller. He is heavier, but im his dad. Anyrate, dinner was good. I had to tell mum we were talking boy stuff. My kid is absolutely into the racing simulator i got him onto. So later at his grandmas place he screen shared what he was doing. He doesnt know anything about car setup. Im no expert either, but just lowering a car to the max doesnt improve anything. But props to the kid, he is only 10. So talked him through a few things. With gear ratios i only told him to play with the diff ratios and he understood the relationship between acceleration and top speed. Then he yelled 'grandma, watch this, dad told me how to do burnouts'. My mum was mortified. It was hilarious.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:14 PM   #2230
zilo
BANNED

Unbelievably our local Mitre10 beat Bunnings on price by 10%

that made me smile.
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2020, 06:15 PM   #2231
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
Unbelievably our local Mitre10 beat Bunnings on price by 10%

that made me smile.
You found the long-fabled pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Please share your tale of conquest among our community.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2020, 07:23 PM   #2232
4stanger
Powered By EcoBoost

Scott McLaughlin called me at work for quick chat this morning (part of being a DJRTP Team Mates member promo)
Really lifted my day.
Thanks Scotty
4stanger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2020, 07:33 PM   #2233
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stanger View Post
Scott McLaughlin called me at work for quick chat this morning (part of being a DJRTP Team Mates member promo)
Really lifted my day.
Thanks Scotty
on the flip side
quit my job today , made me feel good to tell them to shove it
been there a very long time and now seeing it go to sh!t and finally had enough
needless to say they have asked me to reconsider and have given me a few days off to think about it , annual leave of course

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-07-2020, 10:53 PM   #2234
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
on the flip side
quit my job today , made me feel good to tell them to shove it
been there a very long time and now seeing it go to sh!t and finally had enough
needless to say they have asked me to reconsider and have given me a few days off to think about it , annual leave of course
Find another job might be harder than you think...
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2020, 08:53 AM   #2235
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
Find another job might be harder than you think...
in my industry not as hard and already and had other offers even before id left yesterday
but thinking bout other things atm and ill see what ends up
prob end up going back but after a long break as i have heaps of leave

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!

Last edited by wodahs; 09-07-2020 at 09:18 AM.
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 09-07-2020, 05:51 PM   #2236
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

I got to meet my favorite cousins third child today. The little guy has my Grandfathers brilliant blue eyes.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 09-07-2020, 06:24 PM   #2237
Kicking back

Was doing the daily running around today, and pulled out behind a beautiful xc falcon. Fresh paint in metalic brown. The driver was an old bloke so it looks more like a labour of love then a few of the younger blokes in my area who have to sell heaps of drugs to either buy the ferrari or pay for a restored older car then ruin it with poor taste. Sounded nice, had a higher stall converter in it, sounded like a mild cam also. Im not a fan of the chome 20s on it, but, it was a nice looking and sounding car.
Old 10-07-2020, 02:09 PM   #2238
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

First haircut for months.

My barber isn’t gorgeous like Syndrome’s lady hairdresser, but he did put in a solid effort. Hair, beard, eyebrows all got a going-over.
Old 11-07-2020, 01:16 PM   #2239
Kicking back

Sometimes i have to have a laugh to myself. I had a question to ask my mum. Old people stuff, along the lines of i know how to use a fax machine, but dunno how to cash a check. Anyrate, she is on a road trip with her boyfriend, and was telling me about the lovely lunch they had at a Vietnamese cafe. Mum is well travelled and claims to be well cultured. So i ask what did ya get? She got rice paper rolls, but then got full descriptive about the bowl of broth with all the stuff her boyfriend got as if its something new then said in the most bogan pronunciation its called pho. Gotta love her excitement, but, im pretty sure pho is one of those things you instantly think of when the term Vietnamese quisine is said. Im not exactly the most refined, but i find it, well funny isnt the correct term, but im waiting for the call from mum if she ever goes to a japanese restaurant and discovers the wonder that is teriyaki chicken.
3 users like this post:
Old 11-07-2020, 08:15 PM   #2240
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Been weeks and weeks since the XR6 has been out of the shed ..Got invited last night to go and visit a old model rail mate so I got the old girl out , gave her a quick wash , filled her up with 98 and drove about 90 km to visit ..She's just a joy to drive , sitting on 100 kmh , just under 1600 rpm , crystal clear day , a few favourite tunes playing on the stereo . A nice lunch with my friend and his wife , a bit of a muck around on his awesome layout that leaves me in awe and an equally enjoyable drive home in time to miss the hoppies before they get active ..Top day . Won't be weeks before the XR comes out of the shed next time..Definitely made me feel good ..
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 12-07-2020, 12:48 AM   #2241
mondeomatureguy

well Roddy I can sort of relate to your post because I feel the same about my Ford Mondeo MC Hatchback.
My wife and I brought it new in 2011, we use to have a holiday house once down the South Coast in NSW and go there every weekend the Mondeo has done 335,906 kms now but it still goes like a train, never uses oil and its still great to drive.

I wont get rid of it because I couldn't, it would break my heart. I wouldn't get much for it because its done so much ks that's if I wanted to which I don't.

A few weeks ago I asked my wife lets go for a drive. We drove to Bathurst only 2 hour drive from home. We had a lovely drive taking our time had a nice lunch and to top it off we went around Mt Panorama then home and the car never missed a beat.
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2020, 12:33 PM   #2242
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Gary Larson coming out of retirement.

Old 12-07-2020, 01:01 PM   #2243
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Not today but thursday .. How is everyone anyway?

Scoping an apex along the deserted gateway arterial , forgetting that the covid situation had been relaxed and the police were back out in force again

4 lanes all to myself at 1am in the morning except for evil kneival and myself that had been driving for 10.5hrs and only one 15min rest stop.

Long story short i passed a set of lights where there shouldn't have been any just off the side behind a barrier and that sinking feeling came straight over me so i immediately pulled over some 200m up the rd where it was safe to do so.

A few seconds later he stopped behind me with his lights on.

I guess i passed the attitude test as i didn't get pinged for my speed, i will never forget this !

But gosh darn it, i finally after all these years had to undergo a roadside drug screen :(

We had a nice chat about Covid life and working away/ distance and speeding etc while waiting for that to develop and off i went for another 2 hrs at a much reduced speed until i got home

After a very average week at work, that really lifted my spirits i can tell ya.

Peace out Daz.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 12-07-2020, 03:11 PM   #2244
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Today and yesterday.
Yesterday had the water connection done at my place.

Initially wanted only tank water but was being charged for the water going past my property anyway, then after being told it would be 6 weeks for a tank to be made locally + needing to muck around with a 12V pump install and the cost involved, I contacted the local plumber and 2 weeks later, approved, connection done and it was half the price of the water tank/pump combo.

And today finally installed the composting dunny I've been putting off due to the external underfloor waste tank install.
The beauty of this system is it separates the liquid from solid matter and uses a 12v fan (my place is 12V offgrid) to semi-dry the waste, speeding up the process. liquid directed out into an absorption reed bed.

Certainly quiet on the hwy either way with the border closed in front and nothing out of Melbourne behind.

roKWiz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 12-07-2020, 03:17 PM   #2245
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Got a cover for the meter?

That 50x50 gives me the willys, I worry about it bridging to the copper. You’ve got a couple of decades in the brass contact area, but if it touches the pipe...
Old 12-07-2020, 03:33 PM   #2246
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Got a cover for the meter?

That 50x50 gives me the willys, I worry about it bridging to the copper. You’ve got a couple of decades in the brass contact area, but if it touches the pipe...
I"ll drop a plastic sleeve down in between the contact surfaces, covers don't seem to be the thing around here.
I gotta go back next week and swap a locking type tap top on it.

Old 12-07-2020, 03:38 PM   #2247
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I had a beautiful 1920s cast meter cover in Ganmain, the water authority swapped it for a plastic one. Gutted!
Old 12-07-2020, 03:42 PM   #2248
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I had a beautiful 1920s cast meter cover in Ganmain, the water authority swapped it for a plastic one. Gutted!
I would probably be able to find one of those old cast ones in the North East.
looked around town yesterday and there doesn't seem to be any bother covering them up, maybe cause there is no vandalism anywhere.

Old 14-07-2020, 04:56 PM   #2249
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

I bought this

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 20-07-2020, 10:47 PM   #2250
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Realising the season is turning. Just smacked a juicy mozzie.