Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-06-2020, 08:14 PM   #61
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: wtf

I love how some have tried to flip it, lol. The usual excuse is that they're just pushing for likes, views or subscriptions, or promoting a book. Yet the anchors they get their news from are on at a minimum, triple figures.

This is why I generally try not to post from an original source - they can't flip it.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2020, 03:07 PM   #62
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS
But it goes to character and reputation - the commentator is diminished on both counts by the DV conviction. He's angry on behalf of one victim whilst having perpetrated violence on a family member.

That is central to the discussion surely?
Not to my mind. I see him as background noise. I've had enough to do with the "legacy" media to know they have less than zero credibility, so when I watch the news (less and less these days) I filter the commentary and look for direct evidence.

The video was about the attack. Not the girl's background. Not the outraged indignation of the commentator. Certainly not about domestic violence.

The direct evidence was the train video. The question in my mind was what happened before and after the video. ie I'd like a more complete record. An address to that was offered in teh second video that she was targeted for talking to some bloke. I have no direct evidence of that but I have not seen an argument against it so for now I accept that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva

We used to play a game in HS where we would single someone out and then chase them as a mob 10-15 then shove them around and eventually 'stacks on' them.

All for 'fun' of course.
Yeah if anyone tried that at my high school there would have been 10-15 bloody noses.

Quote:
Having said that I did think the same thing, why wasn't she defending herself more? I guess agro promotes agro so God knows what would have happened if she tried to say something back or take a swipe at someone.
As I say it's fascinating to watch people in a crisis. A lot freeze and a lot just panic scream and go to pieces.
guzzis3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-06-2020, 03:38 PM   #63
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
I agree, the video is the discussion, but you rest on your reputation when you put yourself out as a media commentator. Unfortunately for Avi, he doesn't have the authority or credentials to get outraged over violence against a women when he is a convicted DV offender. It's just hypocrisy.

I'll happily listen to him on other topics like interviewing protest marchers, etc.

All this sort of talk does is to diminish what has actually happened.
You’ve spent far more time putting forward your opinion of the commentator than discussing the actual topic.
He’s fluff. Irrelevant. White noise.
All you need is what’s shown on the footage.
To try and play down the assault and concentrate on the commentators history does nothing to actually further the topic at hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2020, 07:37 PM   #64
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For the people focusing on what Avi did in the past rather than the video, how do we know he committed domestic violence? Because he was charged with it. He did the wrong thing it was investigated. He then went to court. That’s exactly what should happen.

The point of this video was basically about how police decided they weren’t even going to investigate a gang bashing.
So let’s just ignore the gang bashing in the middle of the day in one of Australia’s largest cities because the guy who brought it to your attention previous broke the law and was dealt with accordingly
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2020, 09:52 PM   #65
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
All this sort of talk does is to diminish what has actually happened.
You’ve spent far more time putting forward your opinion of the commentator than discussing the actual topic.
He’s fluff. Irrelevant. White noise.
All you need is what’s shown on the footage.
To try and play down the assault and concentrate on the commentators history does nothing to actually further the topic at hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nstg8a, I hear what you are saying.

If you, me and everyone else in this thread was standing on that platform at Southern Cross when this happened, and some guy that happened to have a conviction for DV, pointed it out to us it would be irrelevant who he was.

You and I and I hope everyone else would go over and intervene, as I have said I live in Melbourne, I have a 15 year old daughter, my daughter has been to many places in Melbourne including Southern Cross station without me.

I can literally put myself in the position of the parents of the victim, what if it was my daughter? So my overwhelming feeling watching that footage was for the victim. Others focus on; the fact no one else got involved, the ethnicity of the perpetrators, lack of security at a major Melbourne train station and I’m sure many other things. So ‘the topic at hand’ will vary depending on your reaction to the footage. No ones reaction is right or wrong

For me, if this were my daughter, she would be traumatised and humiliated by the event. And then traumatised again knowing footage that clearly identified her was being played over and over by people she did not know. It does not affect me but I know teenagers are heavy influenced by social media.

Unfortunately nstg8a you and I are not standing on that platform at Southern Cross when this happened. We are watching a recording of someone else’s worst day. So there is nothing we can do to stop this attack and the trauma it caused to the victim. For me I called out this provocateur to stop further trauma to the victim.

Sorry this has turned into quite a rant!
Old 21-06-2020, 10:19 PM   #66
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
nstg8a, I hear what you are saying.

If you, me and everyone else in this thread was standing on that platform at Southern Cross when this happened, and some guy that happened to have a conviction for DV, pointed it out to us it would be irrelevant who he was.

You and I and I hope everyone else would go over and intervene, as I have said I live in Melbourne, I have a 15 year old daughter, my daughter has been to many places in Melbourne including Southern Cross station without me.

I can literally put myself in the position of the parents of the victim, what if it was my daughter? So my overwhelming feeling watching that footage was for the victim. Others focus on; the fact no one else got involved, the ethnicity of the perpetrators, lack of security at a major Melbourne train station and I’m sure many other things. So ‘the topic at hand’ will vary depending on your reaction to the footage. No ones reaction is right or wrong

For me, if this were my daughter, she would be traumatised and humiliated by the event. And then traumatised again knowing footage that clearly identified her was being played over and over by people she did not know. It does not affect me but I know teenagers are heavy influenced by social media.

Unfortunately nstg8a you and I are not standing on that platform at Southern Cross when this happened. We are watching a recording of someone else’s worst day. So there is nothing we can do to stop this attack and the trauma it caused to the victim. For me I called out this provocateur to stop further trauma to the victim.

Sorry this has turned into quite a rant!

Whilst I agree in principle, sometimes the wants of the victim aren’t necessarily the right way to go.

How many dv cases are there where the victim refuses to lay charges?
The police will still lay charges if there is sufficient physical evidence.

The young girl is no doubt traumatised by what happened.

What do you think her mental state will be if nothing is done and next time these savages go a step further and kill someones child?

Something that could and should be prevented by the police steeping in and doing their job.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-06-2020, 11:06 AM   #67
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Whilst I agree in principle, sometimes the wants of the victim aren’t necessarily the right way to go.

How many dv cases are there where the victim refuses to lay charges?
The police will still lay charges if there is sufficient physical evidence.

The young girl is no doubt traumatised by what happened.

What do you think her mental state will be if nothing is done and next time these savages go a step further and kill someones child?

Something that could and should be prevented by the police steeping in and doing their job.
I understand what you are saying.

I also understand the person insisting we share his you tube so 'every person in Australia sees this footage', is trying to get him self elected to Federal parliament.

He wants to be some sort of Derryn Hinch style social justice warrior, I really couldn't care.

It winds me up he is using the trauma of this young girl to further his own political ambitions.

I do not believe his claim the police would not investigate, the police are investigating.

I do not believe his claim no other media outlet would touch this story. The Herald Sun ran the story as soon as the police broke the media embargo.

I hope the perpetrators of this crime will be arrested soon, I would think their school would easily identify them. I’m sure the police know that.