Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-06-2020, 09:51 AM   #5971
Ansimp

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay harrison View Post
Hi guys new to this page. Just thought I'd share this. I own a 2009 G6ET and have fitted this sound system to it. Relocated ICC screen to the where the tissue box is have factroy steering wheel controls working and reverse camera.
Look forward to when you have made a few more posts and can post up some pics and info on your install.
Ansimp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2020, 04:07 PM   #5972
aceoutdoor

Hiya everyone. having been loitering here for about 5 years ( time flies huh) I've just noticed the notice at the top of the page saying I've not yet posted here (Pretty sharp hey haha). A little surprised as i thought i might have, but I guess not. I had been a pretty active member at Pathfinders owners club Australia site but sadly the Pathy got rear ended shortly after a substantial amount of upgrades etc had been done, so i was left with my SX territory which was my runaround and towing boat / going away car as my full time drive. Long story short as possible, its at 200000 k's and I'm working through the usual raft of suspension issues which Ive been referring to here for advice on, among other things over the years. As usual these communities are great and full of a wealth of advice, so thanks for the input to everyone that have silently helped me in the past. Cheers everyone...Matt
aceoutdoor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-06-2020, 10:36 AM   #5973
Krele
Starter Motor

Hello everyone, first post and hope for many more
Question for members would diff from fg xr6 ute fitt onto fg lpg ute
Krele is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2020, 04:51 PM   #5974
ray wilson
Starter Motor

Hi guys ,first time on this site,can anyone tell me if a ignition switch out of a 2002 AU forte will will go into a 1999 AU Fairmont thanks Ray
ray wilson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2020, 04:58 PM   #5975
shellys
Starter Motor

yes I have
shellys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2020, 09:27 PM   #5976
ray wilson
Starter Motor

Thanks Shelly did you have to change BEM to.
Cheers Ray
ray wilson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2020, 11:48 PM   #5977
shellys
Starter Motor

yes but no key, so bought a the whole set of ebay
Old 23-06-2020, 11:41 AM   #5978
glddt
Starter Motor

Hi,
I have a 11/86 F250 351W C6 ex Ambo that needs a lot of TLC to bring her back to life.
Thought I'd surf the forums to ease the journey.
Cheers
glddt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2020, 10:01 PM   #5979
rtv2005
Starter Motor

Hello to all,
my first post is to also say thank you for helping me work through and tackle some maintenance, fault finding with 100% success so far.

I have had the 2005 RTV BF dedicated barra 6 cylinder for 2 weeks.
Since then through your posts i got the heaters working, changed the coolant,thermostat and top hose.

It has some dings, scratches and scrapes but i wanted to see how it would come up.
I have just finished giving it a compound and the white has changed from chalky mat to a shiny white with depth, tomorrow a wax.

I got the headlights crystal clear from almost a brown rusty color, they look awesome for the cost of some time and $10.00 in materials.

Drivers front flare is broken and they are expensive new and secondhand if you can find them.
So i removed it and gave the guard a good clean but will have to put a mudflap on, does anyone know if a sedan mudflap will fit and fill in the bottom of the guard? as it curves in from the cab.

I looks great without it so if i can put something in the mud flaps place i will do the other side.

its a great ute, the gentleman and his wife that i bought it from knew i was on a budget, i didn't ask or low ball their price and they gave it to me cheaper. They were more interested in a good home than the money.
Nice and generous people are out there and for me come when i truly needed it.
As this forum shows, members being generous with their time and knowledge to help someone like me they have probably never met.

Still more to do, i look forward to ticking the next box, thanks in advance.
rtv2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2020, 01:56 PM   #5980
Swede Eater
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone

Thanks to the founders and members of this excellent forum, I've already availed myself of the excellent technical info posted here.

I own a late Au2 XR8 and have recently picked up a pretty tidy Au1 XR6 ute for a bargain, has a few little things that need doing to it but it's worth tidying up and looking after
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0495-min__1593057324_101.98.83.141.jpg (29.6 KB, 5 views)
Swede Eater is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-06-2020, 02:32 PM   #5981
Ansimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtv2005 View Post
Hello to all,
my first post is to also say thank you for helping me work through and tackle some maintenance, fault finding with 100% success so far.

I have had the 2005 RTV BF dedicated barra 6 cylinder for 2 weeks.
Since then through your posts i got the heaters working, changed the coolant,thermostat and top hose.

It has some dings, scratches and scrapes but i wanted to see how it would come up.
I have just finished giving it a compound and the white has changed from chalky mat to a shiny white with depth, tomorrow a wax.

I got the headlights crystal clear from almost a brown rusty color, they look awesome for the cost of some time and $10.00 in materials.

Drivers front flare is broken and they are expensive new and secondhand if you can find them.
So i removed it and gave the guard a good clean but will have to put a mudflap on, does anyone know if a sedan mudflap will fit and fill in the bottom of the guard? as it curves in from the cab.

I looks great without it so if i can put something in the mud flaps place i will do the other side.

its a great ute, the gentleman and his wife that i bought it from knew i was on a budget, i didn't ask or low ball their price and they gave it to me cheaper. They were more interested in a good home than the money.
Nice and generous people are out there and for me come when i truly needed it.
As this forum shows, members being generous with their time and knowledge to help someone like me they have probably never met.

Still more to do, i look forward to ticking the next box, thanks in advance.
Just received a new drivers front flare in my insurance claim and it was $150. They are the only ones still available and a lot cheaper than the original prices for them. It was complete with mounting hardware. There is a local wrecker here in Brisbane trying to get $220 for each flare second hand!
Ansimp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2020, 05:09 PM   #5982
shellys
Starter Motor

Ansimp has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday! - in the The Bar forum of Australian Ford Forums.

I do not understand, how many times to I have to say G'day here this has been the 7th email stating this , please explain?
Old 26-06-2020, 05:30 PM   #5983
kcodezd
0o\==^==/o0
Donating Member3

Shellys once you have made a comment to any thread you automatically become subscribed to that thread. It does not mean you have to reply if you don’t won’t too. Alternatively you can also unsubscribe to threads that you do not want to get notifications for, by going to user cp link at the top left of the page. There is quite a few things there you can edit and modify about your profile.

I will now have to do the same thing as you, as I don’t need an email, to tell me that someone has posted to this every time there is a new member. I look daily at all new posts anyway.
1978 W123 Mercedes Benz 280e
2004 BA XR8
2007 W211 E63 ////AMG
2008 Fiat Ritmo -for the kids to take ownership of while I pay for running costs
2009 SYii Territory Ts
2011 W212 Mercedes Benz E350 returned to the kid but now bent.
kcodezd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-06-2020, 01:26 PM   #5984
NL_sandgroper
Starter Motor

G'day. Been an off and on member for a few years now, never noticed that I was meant to post. I have just got an G6eT and am reading posts on that at the moment. AFF is a really good site for getting good information, with some really knowledgeable and patient experts. Very good fellas, thanks.
NL_sandgroper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2020, 06:39 PM   #5985
Laurie Campbell
Starter Motor

Just started looking at the site and joined today. I am driving an AU II XR8 , I love this car drives like a dream and goes well too. Or did till yesterday having ignition problems at the moment .
Yesterday she developed a bad miss on the way home ran really rough. It wont start today .
This is why I joined the forum.
Trying to work out what the problem is
Laurie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2020, 05:49 PM   #5986
pinzvidz
Worn-out Ford Tech

Hello all, signed up a little while back so I thought I'd better pop in here and say hello.

Picked up a sweet, completely stock BFII XR8 manual during ISO with only 60K on the clock. Old guy who owned it took pretty good care of it with just a few cosmetic things that needed doing and all fluids/filters changed. Currently getting the factory 18s reconditioned as they had a couple of the usual gutter scrapes.

First Ford I've owned in about 16 years. Previously had an EBII Ghia I6, XF Fairmont and XB ute. Good to be back!
pinzvidz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2020, 09:16 PM   #5987
Laurie Campbell
Starter Motor

a new fuel pump fixed my problem
Laurie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2020, 11:07 AM   #5988
nereus6m
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi
Thought I would say hello
I have a 2003 xr 6 have had a few Ford's zypher mark 11 xr6 falcon xw 2v ute xb 351 ZH marquis 351 FC ltd 351
EA 5 speed fairmont ghia na fairlane to currant xr
Cheers
Wayne 👍
nereus6m is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2020, 10:15 AM   #5989
peteinoz
Starter Motor

Hey Everyone

Looking at purchasing my first Ford ever LOL

Doing a deal on a Ford Everest Sport..

So thought I'd join up to talk to other everest owners etc.

Cheers
peteinoz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2020, 04:19 PM   #5990
shellys
Starter Motor

I am having a lot of trouble searching things here, can anyone help?, like if the engine does not responds the accelerator pedal, what question do you ask and where?
Old 01-07-2020, 04:44 PM   #5991
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellys View Post
I am having a lot of trouble searching things here, can anyone help?, like if the engine does not responds the accelerator pedal, what question do you ask and where?
I think you have a Territory, if you detail your problem in the Terry forum someone may be able to help.

There is also a 'search this thread' in that forum as well that may be of some help.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=85
Old 01-07-2020, 05:13 PM   #5992
Bull
Starter Motor

Hello all, new to the site and Rangers, just brought a 2015 PX2 XLT, haven't got it yet, in transit, I'm sure I will have questions for the forum members at some stage.
Cheers
Bull
Bull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2020, 05:19 PM   #5993
shellys
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
I think you have a Territory, if you detail your problem in the Terry forum someone may be able to help.

There is also a 'search this thread' in that forum as well that may be of some help.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=85
well I believe it is a standard ford problem, correct me if I am wrong but sx and sy are like ba
Old 06-07-2020, 06:31 PM   #5994
Barra69
Starter Motor

Hey everyone, Im new to this whole deal. So forgive me if something is not quite right. G'day to one and all.
I've got a bf mk2 2007 with a zf 6speed auto. It has started to make a squeaking noise/clinking noise when it's put into R, D and park. It's also started making the same noises whilst driving and changing thru gears. I don't know what it is or where it's coming from. Could I please borrow some knowledge from someone?
Barra69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2020, 06:34 PM   #5995
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra69 View Post
Hey everyone, Im new to this whole deal. So forgive me if something is not quite right. G'day to one and all.
I've got a bf mk2 2007 with a zf 6speed auto. It has started to make a squeaking noise/clinking noise when it's put into R, D and park. It's also started making the same noises whilst driving and changing thru gears. I don't know what it is or where it's coming from. Could I please borrow some knowledge from someone?
Welcome to AFF Barra. Have you checked out the AU to BF forum?

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=30
Old 08-07-2020, 08:02 AM   #5996
TEUTE
Starter Motor

Hi all,

I'm a kiwi Ford lover who currently owns a 1953 100E Prefect, a 2010 Territory Ghia, and a 2000 XR8 Manual Ute. I have used this site extensively while upgrading my ute with series 2 brakes and a 220kw engine. I have attached a couple of photos of TEUTE (The Ute) for your viewing pleasure!

I thought it was time I joined the community as it's my go to for any issues I have.

Great site, with plenty of great information.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200705_195008.jpg (140.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 20200625_081629.jpg (141.2 KB, 13 views)
TEUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-07-2020, 08:56 AM   #5997
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Nice ute!
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2020, 08:38 PM   #5998
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Back in a Ford, so back!
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2020, 06:48 PM   #5999
hwyman
Starter Motor

Hi all been lurking in the back ground since 11/02/14 without posting . I have a AU Series 3 wagon a BA wagon and a Bf dedicated LPG sedan.
hwyman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2020, 02:12 PM   #6000
Oakey
Starter Motor

Never got around to introducing myself - I'm Chris from Sydney and I've had a few Fords over time - XC Rally Pack, XC P/Van (tail gate not barn doors), ZH Fairlane, NF Fairlane Ghia, and now 1976 F100 factory stock farm truck!

I've found this forum a great help sourcing technical information and saving a lot of heartache.
Oakey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post