Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 20-12-2022, 06:53 PM   #19471
Hippy
Man from Ironbark

Smile Re: Covid 19 -

okAY PROB BANNED

geesus .all this covid stuff is out of hand ,, graghs . and such //
[yep he died of covid was in a fatal crash going ta get a 4th plus

jab . that is covid related hahaha ..\
yep they died with covid , not from it . get a grip ..

i had the most , flu symptons 2 years ago , 3 days in bed ie never

sufferred stuff like that ,, thought i was gonna park up ,,
me birth Cert was cancelled .hahahaa fmr ,,

from me bedroom 5 yards away ta toilet ,had ta have 3 stops .ta

catch me breath ..

yes i concede it is real ,,
so is life .

lets see a real comparisan or Deaths from tha Gene therapy Jabs,,

Kay Sheeple ...

just had me prostate removed , cancer ..

surgen said ya are one hardy dude ,only 2 nites in hospital ..

plus tha garden hose job ,you where fer ten days ...

how 'bout we stop this scare media tactic , live with it FLU .

MEASELS . POLIO . and all the other .

hey cars kill more ppl in a month . hey ban cars....

Go fer it ,,,,,,,, no one likes tha truth eah , they put down .so

much fer free speech...

how long is this stuff going ta go on ,, when FAUCI , said UNDER OATH said masks

dont work
2 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2022, 08:19 PM   #19472
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Classic example of why it is so important to read what you have wtitten before posting.
Old 20-12-2022, 08:24 PM   #19473
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Classic example of why it is so important to read what you have wtitten before posting.
I doubt even Hippy could read or understand what he wrote...
Old 21-12-2022, 01:48 AM   #19474
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Before covid came along I have known of a few people who died unexpectantly from heart attacks and other ailments which I thought was premature for their age of being relatively young, now since covid came along some people are blaming covid or is it just coincidence?
If it was just a couple, I would say just a coincidence for sure, but I'm talking 20 people in under 3 years, I have never been to so many funerals in the 1 year before and them all being young, I cant say that's a coincidence, some thing has changed and the only link I have come across is they were all vaccinated for Covid.

Now please dont get all upset about my opinion, I am just speculating and could be completely wrong, but you have to think I could be right?

Its been shown that myocarditis is 1 of the side affects of the vaccine also the blood clots, so I am just putting 2 and 2 together here and saying that my friends that have passed from heart and blood related deaths, may still be here if they didn't get the vaccination?, who knows?, do you think they can link it in a autopsy?, or would they even tell us if they did?, its the only link I can see between pretty much all of them.

So I am thinking along the lines of some people get Covid bad, some people it does not affect at all, some people the vaccine works and they have no ill affects, some people its not good for and can cause more problems than good, 1 guy at work has a vaccination exemption as he had a allergic reaction to the 1st vaccine and suffered with the reaction for at least 4 months, others seem fine, so I would say it may be a small number of people who have a adverse reaction to it, but how do you know who?, it may not be a 1 vaccine suits all after all.

Like I said in a previous post how many people that you know have died with Covid, then how many have died from heart or blood related problems, and how many people do you know that have passed in the last 3 years, the mind boggles.
Old 21-12-2022, 09:58 AM   #19475
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
Its been shown that myocarditis is 1 of the side affects of the vaccine also the blood clots, so I am just putting 2 and 2 together here and saying that my friends that have passed from heart and blood related deaths, may still be here if they didn't get the vaccination?
Maybe the vaccines "helped" them out the door, maybe not. But we do know that if they had remained unvaccinated and got Covid then they were 10 times more likely to be carried off by a heart event.
Old 21-12-2022, 10:14 AM   #19476
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

My younger brother had an event which was possibly due to the Covid vaccines, it’s hard to say but was both anomalous to family illness history and his own situation otherwise. He was (is) exclusively vaccinated with Pfizer, chosen because he could tick the “fully vaccinated” box sooner than with other vaccines.
Old 21-12-2022, 10:19 AM   #19477
HIPO
Al

Excess death facts & figures are an interesting rabbit hole............
This user likes this post:
Old 21-12-2022, 12:10 PM   #19478
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Must admit I have noticed a spike in Tassie or cases, or people wanting an early Christmas break.

I am still yet to get my 3rd booster, to be honest I forgot all about it and happy to ride it out from here.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 24-12-2022, 11:26 AM   #19479
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Australia / New Zealand
Please note that as of the 16th September the numbers are now reported weekly and all the charts have been changed to that period of time.

NSW Predictive Trend

VIC Predictive Trend

Here is the predictive trend graph for four States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st so that’s more than a full year of data now.

NSW had 16,043 more cases than Victoria last week;
Victoria recorded 414 less cases than the previous week;
NSW recorded 2,085 less;
Queensland recorded 1,275 less;
WA recorded 796 less;
SA recorded 280 less; and
New Zealand recorded 2,628 more.

The week totalled 107,362 cases, a 4.3% decrease on last week but whether that is due to a real drop or the withdrawal of free testing in some areas is unclear.

.. trends over the last 3 months:

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2022, 01:41 PM   #19480
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT week ending December 23rd 2022.

A lower 107,362 new cases for Australia and higher 248 deaths this week so the CMR is 0.153% (é).
NZ reported 42,699 cases and 64 deaths for a CMR of 0.167% (-).
The UK reported a higher 42,488 cases and higher 666 deaths this week for a CMR of 0.824 (é).
A lower 456,162 new cases in the USA this week and lower 2,946 deaths sees CMR at 1.092 (ê).

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 660M;
Europe passes 242M cases;
Asia passes 204M cases;
South America passes 66M cases;
USA passes 102M cases;
France passes 39M cases;
Brazil passes 36M cases;
Japan passes 27M cases;
Italy passes 25M cases;
Australia passes 11M cases;
Chile passes 5M cases;
Mongolia, Uruguay and Panama pass 1M cases.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and France drops below.

Global case numbers are up again to 3,885,404 this week compared to the 3,726,952 last week and the number of deaths increased from an unamended 10,757 last week to 11,360 this week.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 25-12-2022 at 11:13 AM.
Old 25-12-2022, 09:46 AM   #19481
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Global (figures up to 23/12/22)

During the last month, global CMR's have mostly been dropping with the global average now at 1.011% compared to 1.029% in the previous month and 1.925% a year ago today. Notably; Azerbaijan, Australia, Bosnia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Guinea, Iceland,Ireland, Israel,Malta,Norway, Philippines, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand and the United Kingdom all saw CMR rise.

Case numbers increase with 15.434M in this period compared to 11.752M in the previous period with a slightly higher 49,424 deaths in the last month for a lower CMR of 0.320% on an unadjusted basis.
Overall the increase in cases numbers was 2.3% and the variance in the number of deaths 0.74%.

Countries (with >100k cases) that were above 4% growth for the month are China (+23.5%);Hong Kong (+14.9%); Japan (+13.2%); Czechia (+8.9%); Paraguay (+8.6%);Brunei (+7.8%); New Zealand (+7.0%); South Korea (+5.9%); Taiwan and Peru (+4.9%). Australia and France are only just under at 3.9%.

Very few countries saw their mortalities increase by much with Japan (+10.6%); Finland (+8.4%);Hong Kong (+6.2%); New Zealand & Taiwan (+5.7%); Canada (+5.4%); Australia (+4.9%) and South Korea (+4.4%) the only significant growth amongst countries with >100k cases.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 27-12-2022 at 09:55 AM.
Old 27-12-2022, 08:36 AM   #19482
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Unofficial reports from China are interesting, it seems the government (and by dint of trickle-down effect, health administration) have not really addressed in advance, likely outcomes of an inevitable loosening of restrictions and spread of Covid variants. That moment is now incontrovertibly upon them - a rough month or two seems likely.

I feel sympathy for the everyday people caught up by a lack of options and restricted from forward planning, official vanity having their pulses as pawns.

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/...re-2022-12-26/
Quote:
"It's always the same profile," she said. "That is most of the patients have not been vaccinated."

…"They want the [Paxlovid retroviral] medicine like a replacement of the vaccine, but the medicine does not replace the vaccine," Jutard-Bourreau said, adding that there are strict criteria for when her team can prescribe it.

Last edited by Citroënbender; 27-12-2022 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Clarity
Old 27-12-2022, 10:45 AM   #19483
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

There's very little doubt that the Chinese mortality figures are rubbish. For their reported 90k new cases last month they only reported 9 deaths which is a CMR of 0.010% whereas our 435k cases last month resulted in 825 deaths for a CMR of 0.190% and we have one of the lowest case mortality rates in the world.

Mind you, their whole of pandemic case total of 393k is likely a fairy tale too although even then the reported 5,241 deaths is a CMR of 1.33%.

If we extrapolate the case numbers for last month to even our CMR that makes an extra 160 deaths and at their whole of pandemic CMR it would be around 1,180 more - not that we'll ever know the truth of it.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 27-12-2022, 11:06 AM   #19484
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Hmmm...

China COVID deaths probably running above 5,000 per day - UK research firm Airfinity

Quote:
BEIJING, Dec 22 (Reuters) - More than 5,000 people are probably dying each day from COVID-19 in China, health data firm Airfinity estimated, offering a dramatic contrast to official data from Beijing on the country's current outbreak.
https://www.reuters.com/world/china/...rm-2022-12-22/
Old 28-12-2022, 03:22 AM   #19485
mostly_broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Hmmm...

China COVID deaths probably running above 5,000 per day - UK research firm Airfinity

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/...rm-2022-12-22/
airfinity is a company that upsells covid fear to peddle subscriptions to their crappy products.

Introducing Airfinity Biorisk
Airfinity has just launched a brand new solution that provides a holistic overview of the global infectious disease risk situation.

Key Features:

Over 160 diseases in 180+ countries

Daily Email Alerts

Weekly Intelligence Reports

24/7 Platform Access, with live Global Outbreak Tracker

Always a go to source for scary covid stories . Doubtful they have any special sources within China , they would have no way to gather the information to make their projection. Take official China stat multiply by 50 and run the story

extra laughs for use of "holistic" , a word which renders any data that follows meaningless
Old 28-12-2022, 09:11 AM   #19486
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

What,so you think the official Chinese stats are accurate? If you do, I've got a bridge you can buy.

I'd be suspicious as why they've decided to stop reporting altogether (as of 2 days ago) if there isn't bad news to report and it's clear from what information is getting out that both the case numbers and mortality rates are fantasy.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2022, 12:14 PM   #19487
mostly_broncos

i don't believe china at all but airfinity is just one of those ****ty virus adjacent companies trying to drive its own business model by fear mongering.

all covid stats are garbage and always have been. The early cases numbers were garbage because people who wanted to be tested were not able to get tested. The current stats are garbage because here in the US at least no self test numbers are ever reported anywhere. Some positives probably get reported if the person later gets retested at a medical facility but negatives are not because there is no mechanism to send in results to anywhere. billions of unreported negatives should surely affect a graph or 2 somehow

Schools here were sending self tests home for over a year , kids were to be tested once a week but they specifically said don't tell us the results, positive or negative , for privacy reasons. They didn't even say , keep the kid home if the test is positive it was utterly pointless

Here is one stat that is 100% accurate I have had covid 3 times since the start of this and my mortality rate is 0% i can report each time its been less and less exciting down to just a persistent runny nose for a week this november .
3 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2022, 01:16 PM   #19488
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Harvard and Macau Universities with a grim prediction unless action is taken now...

China could bring down potential death toll to less than 200,000: Study

Quote:
The researchers said that without the "flatten the curve" strategy, more than 1.27 billion people would be infected within three months and 1.49 million people would die within half a year
https://www.business-standard.com/ar...2700296_1.html
Old 28-12-2022, 01:47 PM   #19489
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Remember when things were made to last? and they used to cure disease's?, the world is a lot different now and the dollar drives it, its funny how we don't forget but forget to remember.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2022, 02:51 PM   #19490
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
What,so you think the official Chinese stats are accurate? If you do, I've got a bridge you can buy.

I'd be suspicious as why they've decided to stop reporting altogether (as of 2 days ago) if there isn't bad news to report and it's clear from what information is getting out that both the case numbers and mortality rates are fantasy.
would the Chinese actually publish those for the west even if accurate??
It's an internal mater.
Old 28-12-2022, 03:16 PM   #19491
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its looking like China is trying to maintain the "died of covid" rather than "died with covid" counting approach. Suspected covid deaths require a panel to certify, and they only count it if covid is the primary cause of death. To what extend does it get counted as primary...who knows. So if you have a pre-existing condition, get covid, and die, but they can't confirm that you wouldn't have survived if you hadn't had the pre-existing condition, then they don't count it as a covid death. I believe that is how its done over there.

Its only been 3 weeks since they relaxed restrictions. Wait until the lunar new year, and then a couple of weeks after that, to see the full impact.

On a side note, how ironic is it that protests in a country where you are not allowed to protest, has caused government to shift policy. But in the free world, protests made sfa difference.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.

Last edited by T3rminator; 28-12-2022 at 03:21 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-12-2022, 02:09 AM   #19492
mostly_broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
would the Chinese actually publish those for the west even if accurate??
It's an internal mater.
no they wouldn't publish them but some dodgy british data firm's stats would be just as ridiculous. with no reliable official data anyone with an ax to grind can make up their own data as they like

everyone fits the data to the story they want to tell now , its all just noise

china can't be trusted in any area but for propaganda distribution no country can touch the USA . The US peaked in the 70's and its been downhill ever since.

We don't need any of this data anyway. Its to no purpose , no one is going to meekly submit to any future lockdowns , there will be blood in the streets .
Old 29-12-2022, 08:49 AM   #19493
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostly_broncos View Post
no they wouldn't publish them but some dodgy british data firm's stats would be just as ridiculous. with no reliable official data anyone with an ax to grind can make up their own data as they like

everyone fits the data to the story they want to tell now , its all just noise

china can't be trusted in any area but for propaganda distribution no country can touch the USA . The US peaked in the 70's and its been downhill ever since.

We don't need any of this data anyway. Its to no purpose , no one is going to meekly submit to any future lockdowns , there will be blood in the streets .
You are one of those people that make me fear for this country and it's future.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 29-12-2022, 02:17 PM   #19494
mostly_broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
You are one of those people that make me fear for this country and it's future.

I'm in the US so i can't help with that
Old 30-12-2022, 10:59 AM   #19495
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Here we go again! We slammed the borders shut in the nick of time in 2020, why are we dithering this time?

Covid in China: US imposes Covid testing for visitors from China

Quote:
The US has become the latest country to impose Covid testing on visitors from China, after Beijing announced it would reopen borders next week.

Italy, Japan, Taiwan and India also announced mandatory tests, but Australia and UK said there were no new rules for travellers from China.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-64111492
2 users like this post:
Old 30-12-2022, 12:13 PM   #19496
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Because we dont want to offend anyone, especially while trying to heal an awkward relationship
Old 30-12-2022, 12:23 PM   #19497
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostly_broncos View Post
I'm in the US so i can't help with that
That at least makes sense now. How's your mate Trump doing?

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 31-12-2022, 12:38 AM   #19498
mostly_broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Here we go again! We slammed the borders shut in the nick of time in 2020, why are we dithering this time?

Covid in China: US imposes Covid testing for visitors from China

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-64111492

When my buddy Trump was president he tried to shut the border with China and was called a racist. Now the noble non racist party does it and its just good sense. Funny how that works.

Funny how they want to shut the border with China but leave the border with Mexico wide open .
4 users like this post:
Old 31-12-2022, 11:33 PM   #19499
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To be fair what's the ****en point? It's already rampant here, high vaccination rates, they are not going to spread it more

Feds already announced they ain't paying for PCR unless referred and they will split costs 50/50 with the states if they want to keep doing it.

New uni intake is in Feb right?
Old 01-01-2023, 04:21 AM   #19500
mostly_broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
To be fair what's the ****en point? It's already rampant here, high vaccination rates, they are not going to spread it more

Feds already announced they ain't paying for PCR unless referred and they will split costs 50/50 with the states if they want to keep doing it.

New uni intake is in Feb right?
At least when they threw the dart it didn't hit "appoint new covid czar". Of course czar is on the list of wrongthink words now because Putin putin putin ,so that probably would be translated to "set up a focus group"
Closed Thread