Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 06:57 PM   #61
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: USA Riots

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I have watched a significant amount of coverage over the past week and I just can't believe what I'm seeing.

There are people definitely delibrately inflaming the situation for their agendas so please don't pretend it is one fringe of the political spectrum. They are both doing it.
When you say both parties are involved do you mean 2% on one side and 98% on the other, or is close enough for a 50/50 split? I'm strictly speaking about the various aspects of violence or property damage etc.

Just today in about a 6 hour period at least ten Cops were shot/bashed or run over - probably many more.

Plus there's hundreds of examples of bystanders and shop owners being stomped on. People bashed out of their vehicles. Then there's the looters and vandals - over a 1000 videos.
This user likes this post:
Old 02-06-2020, 07:01 PM   #62
superyob
Banned

There is no such thing as right wing fascism. Totalitarian rule is on the extreme left of the political spectrum. Laissez faire is the extreme right. The only difference between Hitler and Stalin is that Nazism is nationalist whilst communism is internationalist. The right wing tag is a lie, spread by the communists after WW2 so to distance themselves from their very close cousins...
2 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2020, 07:05 PM   #63
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where were all the protests in the USA when the Police shot and killed an Australian women not that long ago.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:14 PM   #64
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
Where were all the protests in the USA when the Police shot and killed an Australian women not that long ago.
Most of the clowns rioting/looting wouldn't even know that guys name.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2020, 07:21 PM   #65
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Looking at the 2 situations:

The Aussie death happened when people were much less socially edgy.
The was no socially shared footage of the Aussie incident.
Due to the lack of footage the officer's story that he was confused and thought he was in danger couldn't be easily disproven.
And again due to that it wasn't easy to prove he did it on purpose.
Only other witness was another officer.
Happened in an instant - split second decision.

That guy did eventually get done as well didn't he? Noor or something like that?

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
2 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2020, 07:46 PM   #66
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If you are asking this, then you are not understanding the underlying issue driving these protests. That's not having a go at you, because the average Aussie probably doesn't. Go watch "12 years of slave". It will give you a very small glimpse of the root cause. That movie is based on an auto biography but with some hollywood thrown in of course. Having watched a few interviews with Afro Americans on CNN, the police killings is just part of the anger, there are other issues of injustice that is causing the rage. The injustice is so bad and so blatant, that's why you see a lot of white americans also supporting the cause.

Its not too dissimilar to why some Aussies can't understand why aboriginals won't "get over" the past. They can't. Nor should we expect them to. The history is too raw.

We need to follow the British and European system. Yes, they have their own problems too, I was living in London during the 2011 riots, but they LEARN from their mistakes. Blacks, whites, asians, indians, europeans generally all get along there. Its not perfect but its getting there. Not sure if Brexit will change things though.

Just saw this on The Age. Its a pretty good attempt at explaining it another side to it. I like the phrase "symbol of exclusion".
https://www.theage.com.au/business/t...02-p54ykx.html

Last edited by T3rminator; 02-06-2020 at 08:00 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2020, 08:45 PM   #67
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gotta love the blue check-mark elitists on twitter being hypocrites as usual.
It's all good until it affects me personally.

https://swarajyamag.com/insta/my-loc...-floyd-protest
Old 02-06-2020, 08:55 PM   #68
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hillary in court in about 3 hours.

Hope they haven't got their usual planned distraction.
3 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2020, 09:22 PM   #69
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
If you are asking this, then you are not understanding the underlying issue driving these protests. That's not having a go at you, because the average Aussie probably doesn't. Go watch "12 years of slave". It will give you a very small glimpse of the root cause. That movie is based on an auto biography but with some hollywood thrown in of course. Having watched a few interviews with Afro Americans on CNN, the police killings is just part of the anger, there are other issues of injustice that is causing the rage. The injustice is so bad and so blatant, that's why you see a lot of white americans also supporting the cause.

Its not too dissimilar to why some Aussies can't understand why aboriginals won't "get over" the past. They can't. Nor should we expect them to. The history is too raw.

We need to follow the British and European system. Yes, they have their own problems too, I was living in London during the 2011 riots, but they LEARN from their mistakes. Blacks, whites, asians, indians, europeans generally all get along there. Its not perfect but its getting there. Not sure if Brexit will change things though.

Just saw this on The Age. Its a pretty good attempt at explaining it another side to it. I like the phrase "symbol of exclusion".
https://www.theage.com.au/business/t...02-p54ykx.html
While the USA had slavery keep in mind the country split itself in two and they had a civil war over the issue, leading to over 3 million slaves being freed out of a total population of around 32M. It has a terrible past but also one side put it all on the line and was prepared to kill their own people en masse to stop slavery.

Also people like John Brown pre civil war (takes balls to pull those punches that's for sure):

https://www.history.com/topics/aboli...ent/john-brown

People like bringing up the institution of slavery in the USA but not the actions of the people who opposed it at the time or the fact a civil war came about over it's removal.

Per capita their civil war killed the most of its own people compared to any other war the USA was involved in since - including WWI and WWII.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 02-06-2020 at 09:33 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2020, 09:33 PM   #70
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
While the USA had slavery keep in mind the country split itself in two and they had a civil war over the issue, leading to over 3 million slaves being freed out of a total population of around 32M. It has a terrible past but also one side put it all on the line and was prepared to kill their own people en masse to stop slavery.

Also people like John Brown pre civil war:

People like bringing up the institution of slavery in the USA but not the actions of the people who opposed it at the time.

Per capita their civil war killed the most of its own people compared to any other war the USA was involved in since - including WWI and WWII.

Fair point. Hence why there are so many white americans backing up the protest. All I'm saying is, the anger comes from a very deep rooted cause, whether we like it or not. So when people ask "why isn't there an outrage when a white person is killed by a cop in the US", they need to look deeper than just that actual act itself.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2020, 09:53 PM   #71
superyob
Banned

Quote:

Also people like John Brown pre civil war (takes balls to pull those punches that's for sure):

People like bringing up the institution of slavery in the USA but not the actions of the people who opposed it at the time or the fact a civil war came about over it's removal.

Black people were selling each other into slavery long before it became a European practice. It was also not safe to live in coastal European areas as Islamic slavers constantly raided these areas. These facts are conveniently forgotten as they don't fit the current narrative...
2 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2020, 09:57 PM   #72
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Fair point. Hence why there are so many white americans backing up the protest. All I'm saying is, the anger comes from a very deep rooted cause, whether we like it or not. So when people ask "why isn't there an outrage when a white person is killed by a cop in the US", they need to look deeper than just that actual act itself.
I'm calling bull**** on the whole racism angle of the police, it's not just black people who have fell victim to their ridiculous law enforcement.

Looking at the numbers there are way more white people who end up shot and killed by police in the USA - though black people are overrepresented.

Black people make up 1/8th of their population but are responsible for around 50% of the USA's murders - most of their victims are other black people.

If people want to keep viewing everything through the concept of 'race' then it'll never end, people identify as different then it's making it easier to justify hatred towards them.

There's also racism in the form of low expectations - while the left preaches diversity they are very willing to identify minority groups as 'other' and hold them to low expectations or intervene in order to 'save them'.

If 'black lives matter' then when are they going to address black on black violence?

There was an Asian cop who stood around while George Floyd was being suffocated.

Was a black cop who shot that Australian woman.

Mexican cop shot Philando Castille (black man)

White cop shot Daniel Shaver (white man)

Is the problem 'racism' or is a cultural problem with their law enforcement? That's a pretty multicultural example of police shootings.

I'm all for protesting, I support anyone's right to peacefully stand up for their beliefs no matter how inane I think the subject is, I don't support violence or looting, it just undermines the message and you are playing on a level where the government has you beat. I think the moment you pick up weapons you've lost, you're suddenly fighting on a governments terms depending on how they intervene.

I find the USA's race politics fascinating.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 02-06-2020 at 10:04 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2020, 10:01 PM   #73
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Ok, So shoot to kill is the order of the day then now.

Wonder why they didn't do that with the Bourke St car killer considering they followed him all day into the heart of the city and did nothing.
Even though there may have been four cops there (Melbourne Freeway situation), if the suspect decides to take action, it turns into a one-on-one situation. Suddenly it's a split second decision from the copper about what to do, what's right, can I do this? And then once the decision is made, grab the Taser/ baton/firearm and use it, hopefully effectively.

I pulled up outside a house in an outback town late one night years ago for a domestic situation, and a bloke (a roo shooter) stepped out from behind a tree in the front yard aiming what I found out was a .22/250 rifle at me. My best response was to try and find the accelerator, and that seemed to take way too long for my liking. My partner somehow made it onto the floor of the back seat. I also found out later that he wanted to shoot a copper.

Despite what numbers of police might be there, every situation is different.

2016 Ford Falcon FG/X XR6 Turbo you beaut ute
1985 XR4Ti Sierra - Build Thread
1971 Fairlane 500
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them

@GasoLane;

Last edited by Captain Stubing; 02-06-2020 at 10:09 PM.
6 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2020, 10:02 PM   #74
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OK then. And with that view, the problem will continue, and we'll be back here in a few years asking WHY. Did you read the article?

Best you speak to an African American on their view. Or closer to home, speak to an indigenous. Or you could watch the Adam Goodes doco.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2020, 10:10 PM   #75
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
OK then. And with that view, the problem will continue, and we'll be back here in a few years asking WHY. Did you read the article?

Best you speak to an African American on their view. Or closer to home, speak to an indigenous. Or you could watch the Adam Goodes doco.
I know why, do you really think anything will change? How many race riots has the USA had in the past 100 years?

The last big one was 1992 LA Riots - again involving police and a black man.

Check out LA 92 on Netflix, it's a great documentary.

You'll never end racism, though it becomes less of a problem as society progresses - I love asking Nonna about Melbourne in 1953

Everyone hated wogs in the 1940s/1950s/1960s - now you're all eating my pizza and drinking my coffee and Italian-Australians are a huge diaspora, the cafe across our manufacturing location I've been having Italian coffee made by a Vietnamese woman!

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 02-06-2020 at 10:26 PM.
5 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2020, 10:13 PM   #76
superyob
Banned

Adam Goodes. Jonathan Thurston. Both Aboriginal. One is revered, the other constantly booed. They are both judged on their behaviour not race. The 'racism' card is looking sad these days...
Old 02-06-2020, 10:20 PM   #77
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Adam Goodes. Jonathan Thurston. Both Aboriginal. One is revered, the other constantly booed. They are both judged on their behaviour not race. The 'racism' card is looking sad these days...
It's not what you think he should feel. It's how he interprets it and feels. If you don't listen or understand it, and keep doing it, the problem never goes away.
Mate I'm a Hawks supporter and was booing him at the time, and also blaming him for using the race card. Then I saw the doco and understood why he interpreted it that way. It goes back to history. So I stop.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

2 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2020, 10:23 PM   #78
superyob
Banned

Quote:
I know why, do you really think anything will change? How many race riots has the USA had in the past 100 years?

The last big one was 1992 LA Riots - again involving police and a black man.

Check out LA 92 on Netflix, it's a great documentary.

You'll never end racism, though it becomes less of a problem as society progresses - I love asking Nonna about Melbourne in 1953

Everyone hated wogs in the 1940s/1950s/1960s - now you're all eating my pizza and drinking my coffee, the cafe across our manufacturing location I've been having Italian coffee made by a Vietnamese woman!
Without you wogs much of Australia's infrastructure would not have been built. Damn you useful wogs...
4 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2020, 10:29 PM   #79
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Mate I'm a Hawks supporter
Incoming deflection.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:33 PM   #80
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Without you wogs much of Australia's infrastructure would not have been built. Damn you useful wogs...
Note that most of those pizza eating bastards ended up in Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne (most of them) and Sydney.

Which is why I reckon you can't get decent coffee in Brisbane

One of my relos was in QLD working cane fields pre WWII and he ended up getting interred in a prison camp for a couple of years during WWII with other Italian migrants as 'enemy aliens' - imagine the cries of racism if we rounded up Afghan and Iraqi migrants and put em all in camps during those two wars recently.

We're whiter than Casper and we were still just above Aboriginals on the social hierarchy even post WWII in Australia

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 02-06-2020 at 10:46 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2020, 10:35 PM   #81
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
F**k these Italian/Greek/Chinese sumbags.

Italian cuisine is the reason why I have to go Keto twice a year.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2020, 10:41 PM   #82
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The anger comes from decades of destructive liberal infiltration of the education system, public sectors, media and popular culture. This liberalism drills victim hood into blacks, makes them dependent on those pushing this ideology and installs guilt into whites for past wrongs or perceived past wrongs that is outside of their control. Divide and conquer.

Add in instances like what happened the other day, when fuelled by the race baiting media and herd mentality of social media, emotions overcome logic and everyone that cannot think for themselves are under the impression American cops start the day planning how many black men they are going to kill on their shift. Everyone has the impression black Americans risk their lives leaving their homes everyday (when statistic say the opposite is true) and every white person is racist.

There is huge division within western societies and it is unsustainable in the long term.
The mainstream media are the greatest threat to this, driving a wedge between many sectors of society. From political leanings to race to class to sex.
White people are fair game in the West funnily enough mostly from, and fuelled by their own kind.
This will not end well, the disdain peddled against white people from left wing organisations, political parties, media and their followers will see most western countries go the way of Zimbabwe or South Africa.

I’d be interested in hearing long term solutions going forward.
I’m sure the hard left would like to see a type of repatriation towards blacks and other people of colour in way of wealth redistribution from whites.

Or perhaps in the USAs case, the union or country as it is, to be broken up and divided into red/blue to form their own independent respective countries. Citizens and businesses can choose where to stay/relocate as they see fit.
5 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2020, 05:18 AM   #83
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I wonder how long before they say enough is enough and federal government intervenes with military, seems they're trying to avoid authoritarian crackdown.
Old 03-06-2020, 05:41 AM   #84
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
All but a few are in Democrat ran states/towns/cities.

Now the state where this guy was killed, it has a Democrat Governor, Democrat Senator, Democrat Mayor etc etc.

Now, what are the chances of this guy, and the 3 other officers who were at the scene (search their ethnicity) gets off from a technicality because the case is rushed, or gets a weak smh? I hope not but.....

Boom, riots and looters 2.0

BUT IT'S TRUMPS FAULT.
And here is the problem. People blaming an entire side of politics for what is really nothing to do with that.
Trump could unite both sides but goes out of his way to deflect blame and responsibility.
Great people of both sides of the political fence over there but until they stop the insane hatred of one another and instead focus on the greater good they're stuffed
4 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2020, 05:55 AM   #85
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Sounds similar to here we have partisan politics between the two major parties with rusted one picking team red or team blue and a few in the middle.

South Park Season 20 is probably worth a watch, the whole season is based around an election of either a giant douche or a turd sandwich (Hillary Clinton/Donald Trump) and **** taking internet behaviour.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...on-20-premiere

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 03-06-2020 at 06:02 AM.
Old 03-06-2020, 06:25 AM   #86
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok. Last I'll say in this matter.
Can you not see what's wrong with this picture? Some of the responses here are prime examples.

You asked the question, they give the answer, you tell them they are wrong .

Enjoy..
https://www.businessinsider.com/air-...justice-2020-6

Rides (past and present)

Old 03-06-2020, 06:35 AM   #87
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ok. Last I'll say in this matter.
Can you not see what's wrong with this picture? Some of the responses here are prime examples.

You asked the question, they give the answer, you tell them they are wrong .

Enjoy..
https://www.businessinsider.com/air-...justice-2020-6
What does that article even mean? There is no logic behind it, unless you expect noone and no black people to be killed by police regardless of what crime they are doing.
It’s been mentioned before. By total numbers, more whites are killed by police. The numbers from different ethnicities killed by police are inline with incarceration and violent crime rates. The staggering statistic is the amount of police killed in the line of duty. Don’t expect the media to pick up on that.
Your links place emotion over reality as a useful tool to suck in the gullible.
5 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2020, 06:46 AM   #88
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post

It’s been mentioned before. By total numbers, more whites are killed by police.
You are hearing but not listening. How many are unarmed? How many are where they are sitting in their cars chatting with the police with their wife on the side and a kid in the back? Or asleep in their house whilst non uniform officers break in?
OK, honest, last say.

Rides (past and present)

Old 03-06-2020, 07:54 AM   #89
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=xxx000;6448730
Trump could unite both sides but goes out of his way to deflect blame and responsibility.
Great people of both sides of the political fence over there [/QUOTE]

You make it sound as if Trump has an easy one-fix solution and is just sitting on it. Things were heading in the right direction pre Covid. And now the same whiners that were screaming about social distancing because people will die call it racist if you enforce social distancing at the protests/riots/looting party.

Voting them out is the only way to fix it.

They've been the racists all along. They self project/blame or accuse people of the exact things they've done/doing/or will do.

November is really gonna end em.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:09 AM   #90
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Oh, you’ve utterly convinced me. I’ll apply for fast-tracked US citizenship and re-elect the incumbent.
Closed Thread