Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 19-07-2010, 12:21 AM   #1
ThatFocusGuy
Starter Motor

Smile New Member checking in + 2 questions!

Hi all! ThatFocusGuy checking in!

Just purchased a manual 2005 LS CL Focus in Pure Silver. Quite impresed with the torque actually, she's got some get-up-and-go. Handles well too!

I've already purchased the factory floor mats, and given it a good clay and detail in the meantime. At this stage, im not planning too many mods, but I am looking at improving the interior and exterior with some tasteful parts in future.

Since its the basic pack, I'm looking at getting the armrest installed at Ford at some point, as well as the flip panel behind the gearboot as shown here in #Russ#Es# thread:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11297744

Question is, is that flip panel an aftermarket part, or a genuine Ford item?

I was also searching the UK sites, (where apparently there is a huge following for our Focus), and there's a guy who has installed the rear reverse light cover to the right hand side, with a red bulb to give a more "even" look to the rear end. Looks awesome, but would anyone know if this cover is available here, or to be shipped here at all? See thread below -

http://www.focusowners-social.com/fo...5a7feefd81c20b

In the meantime, planning on ordering some nice black and chrome badges from DMB in the UK as well - going for the monochrome look I guess!

Thanks in advance guys!

ThatFocusGuy

ThatFocusGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2010, 06:49 AM   #2
casabonka
You can call me Chris

ahh the flip cover. what u r looking for is a recripricating ashtray. I've just started looking myself, but not having any luck! have you got a price from ford for the armrest?
have fun, they r great cars!!
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome to the forums.

Holy cow!!! that thread from the focusowners site is awesome! I love all those little mods that fella has done.

Didnt know about the rubber insert in the centre console. Must have one now...

And an umbrella holder. Wonder where it goes?

Very cool.

Hey Cassa' not necessarily the smokers version. I'm after one too, but just a plain flip down door, not the ash tray etc.

That fella showed a total of 32 mods, all using Ford parts and mention all their finnis. Anyone know of a document for our machines that we could trawl though? Woner what else is available somehwhere on the planet?!
Old 19-07-2010, 07:22 PM   #4
casabonka
You can call me Chris

ahh, thank Leakey - Im just having no luck. been stalking ebay UK with no luck!!

BTW, another good Focus site to check out is www.ffoc.co.uk
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2010, 10:28 PM   #5
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Gents - a number of Genuine and Aftermarket bits available form the premium home of Euro-Ford mods - www.european-parts.net

Have purchased from them before, as have many of us. Can't recommend highly enough for the hard-to-get bits that Ford don't offer here.
Old 20-07-2010, 12:27 AM   #6
ThatFocusGuy
Starter Motor

Fellas,

@Zetec - Thanks for the link, I'm pretty sure there's everything that I could ever want on there.

@Casabonka - Thanks for the tip regarding the reciprocating ash tray! As soon as I get a price regarding the armrest from Ford, I'll let you know.

@Leakey - Yeah, that guy's gone a bit nuts with the modifications. Some of them are a bit over-the-top, but I really like the more subtle ones he's done, such as the pedals and the reverse light modification.

Here is the reverse light i was searching for, courtesy of European parts.net -

http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...roducts_id=258

I didn't mind the Mondeo wheels he's put on his Focus either - they're a bit different as compared to the XR5 wheels, same PCD at 5 x 108 and possibly easier to get a hold of too. 32 mods and counting. I don't think he's done yet either!

Lucky owners in the UK have such a huge following there. Loving the Mondeo ST220 wheels too! Wonder if there's a supplier here?
ThatFocusGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #7
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Welcome to the forums ThatFocusGuy!!!!

The handling the the best part about the Focus. I love it. In fact I've been told that a stock 2l zetec LS was able to keep pace with a V8 VR ute around Oran Park a little while ago. Not too mention I myself was following a modded F6 through the Dandys on a wet day not too long ago and I could have easily gone quicker.

I havn't purchased anything from European parts just yet but have been eyeing off the struttower braces for front and back. Also looking at a create engine from Pumaspeed (one of those thing i keep talking about but unless i win lotto, probably won't happen). The main thing that has been concerning me are the additional taxes and such when buying from overseas.
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post