Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 09:19 AM   #2551
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

"Prime Minister Scott Morrison says more Australians need to download the COVIDSafe app if they want an early mark on easing restrictions"

Wtf? Pushing a gov phone app before they let people go back to work and pay their bills. Jump!! How high??
4 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2020, 09:31 AM   #2552
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Australia had 14 new cases yesterday and 2 deaths so the CMR rose to 1.374% but the active cases dropped to 13.7%.

NZ had 3 new cases but no deaths so the CMR dropped to 1.285% and the active cases to 14.6%.

The UK had under 6,000 new cases but over 700 deaths although the CMR did drop to 15.503% while the active cases remained steady at 84%.

The USA was over 30,000 new cases and the CMR rose to 5.831% while the active case percentage dropped slightly to 80.3%.

The graphs for today are the 3 new-case graphs. We don't want to see any of these trending upwards .

Both Australia and New Zealand are starting to trend upward again after a period of steady decline although the numbers are still small.

The UK is probably still trending upwards but Spain, Italy and Germany all look to be gradually improving.

Finally, the USA has started to climb the last week or so after having had a period fo steady decline.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2020, 09:38 AM   #2553
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_bandit View Post
"Prime Minister Scott Morrison says more Australians need to download the COVIDSafe app if they want an early mark on easing restrictions"

Wtf? Pushing a gov phone app before they let people go back to work and pay their bills. Jump!! How high??
The government won't reach its intended target and this will provide the perfect opportunity for the ALP to play wedge politics. ScoMo isn't that smart if wants to hold the country to ransom based on the number of people who download the app.
This user likes this post:
Old 02-05-2020, 10:00 AM   #2554
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5718030/
Old 02-05-2020, 10:07 AM   #2555
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Interesting. CQ for cancer treatment? What else can it be used for?
Old 02-05-2020, 10:14 AM   #2556
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
I have no idea what these guys are on about Cav!

I personally submit to the new administration of our Chinese overlords, and welcome the rein of Chairman Cav.

In a totally unrelated question, have you tasted Chinese cake?

Just saying...
I like Chow Mein though .......
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2020, 11:13 AM   #2557
zipping
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.livescience.com/coronavi...positives.html

Recovered patients who tested positive for COVID-19 likely not reinfected

Rather, the method used to detect the coronavirus, called polymerase chain reaction (PCR), cannot distinguish between genetic material (RNA or DNA) from infectious virus and the "dead" virus fragments that can linger in the body long after a person recovers, Dr. Oh Myoung-don, a Seoul National University Hospital doctor, said at a news briefing Thursday (April 30), according to The Korea Herald.

These tests "are very simple," said Carol Shoshkes Reiss, a professor of Biology and Neural Science at New York University, who was not involved in the testing. "Although somebody can recover and no longer be infectious, they may still have these little fragments of [inactive] viral RNA which turn out positive on those tests."

To determine whether or not someone is harboring infectious virus or has been reinfected with the virus, a completely different type of test would be needed, one that is not typically performed, Reiss said. Instead of testing the virus as it is, lab technicians would have to culture it, or place that virus in a lab dish under ideal conditions and see if it was capable of growing.

Patients in South Korea who re-tested positive had very little to no ability to spread the virus, according to the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Korea Herald reported.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:57 AM   #2558
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
The government won't reach its intended target and this will provide the perfect opportunity for the ALP to play wedge politics. ScoMo isn't that smart if wants to hold the country to ransom based on the number of people who download the app.
The world is a twisted mess. I'm always looking for a meaning to life, and from what I've gathered from the history books up until now....is were are here to be raped for what we are worth. I understand tin foil hats are not trendy, but they look much nicer than a blindfold
3 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2020, 01:06 PM   #2559
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Interesting. CQ for cancer treatment? What else can it be used for?
I'm not sure.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ves-1-patient/
Old 02-05-2020, 01:29 PM   #2560
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Those opposed to the usage of CQ with ZPac and zinc site trials in hospitals, where patients are on ventilators or under intubation which is too late for this treatment to work. It's like administering cough medicine or a decongestant to deal with pneumonia - it'll never work.
Old 02-05-2020, 02:06 PM   #2561
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_bandit View Post
The world is a twisted mess. I'm always looking for a meaning to life, and from what I've gathered from the history books up until now....is were are here to be raped for what we are worth. I understand tin foil hats are not trendy, but they look much nicer than a blindfold
100% agree...
Old 02-05-2020, 02:13 PM   #2562
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
While the government has been at pains to address privacy concerns about the COVIDSafe app, cybersecurity analysts believe the data could be mined for other uses. By Karen Middleton.
How the COVIDSafe data could be used

A user looks at the new COVIDSafe app, released by the federal government last Sunday evening.CREDIT: PA

The technology behind the Australian government’s new COVIDSafe tracing app could create a comprehensive social contacts map of the nation – a potentially valuable dataset to foreign governments and Australian law enforcement.

That’s the view of one analyst, Professor Dali Kaafar, executive director of the Optus Macquarie University Cyber Security Hub, who has studied the app’s functions and the source code of the Singaporean version, which he says the Australian app very closely matches.

He argues that if the entire dataset were to become centrally located and accessible, it would likely be of great interest to governments and other organisations.

Under current Australian law, only state and territory health officers tracing coronavirus contacts will have access to the data COVIDSafe collects and, even then, only parts of it, under very strict conditions.

But Kaafar says that if the security provisions changed, the COVIDSafe data could be crossmatched with other personal data, including open-source information about personal activities posted on social media sites.

That could provide a very accurate and revealing portrait of Australians’ movements, who they spend time with, precisely when and ultimately even where.
https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/...15883416009764
3 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2020, 02:31 PM   #2563
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not such good news for the economy, and the government is entirely to blame for this.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/the-...01-p54oue.html
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2020, 02:58 PM   #2564
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Not such good news for the economy, and the government is entirely to blame for this.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/the-...01-p54oue.html
To quote a great man - the economies ****ed, and sudos

My favorite man on the internet, the lovely Alex Jones has caused some trouble again over threatening to feed his neighbors to his children

https://twitter.com/RealKellyJones/s...057947138?s=19

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 02-05-2020 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-05-2020, 03:36 PM   #2565
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
To quote a great man - the economies ****ed, and sudos

My favorite man on the internet, the lovely Alex Jones has caused some trouble again over threatening to feed his neighbors to his children

https://twitter.com/RealKellyJones/s...057947138?s=19
Old 02-05-2020, 04:22 PM   #2566
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

The US has the ****s up with lockdown:

Quote:
Protestors armed with guns have stormed a US government building demanding an end to the ongoing coronavirus lockdown.

The protestors were seen at Michigan's State Capitol building in Lansing on Thursday objecting to Governor Gretchen Whitmer's request to extend emergency powers to combat COVID-19, an appeal Republican lawmakers ignored.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/chaos-as-u...051819139.html
Old 02-05-2020, 06:17 PM   #2567
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

ScoMo's the man Genius to put the reason for extended lock-down back onto those who aren't on Team 'Straya!

He's Menzies + Churchill + Roosevelt rolled into one. What a legend.

Do it with me:

3 more terms!
3 more terms!
3 more terms!
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2020, 06:18 PM   #2568
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
ScoMo's the man Genius to put the reason for extended lock-down back onto those who aren't on Team 'Straya!

Do it with me:

3 more terms!
3 more terms!
3 more terms!
Sarcasm from a cat lover?
Old 02-05-2020, 06:22 PM   #2569
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
Sarcasm from a cat lover?
Are you on Team 'Straya Cav, you good-looking, bayonet-munching role model?
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2020, 06:47 PM   #2570
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Scotty from marketing is relying on people to trust the government. That's just asinine. Let us see just exactly how many people trust government.
Old 02-05-2020, 06:49 PM   #2571
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Scotty from marketing is relying on people to trust the government. Let's see just exactly how many people trust government. That's just asinine.
Not on Team 'Straya Rom-ski? Had you pegged as a flag-waver. Oh well...
4 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2020, 07:11 PM   #2572
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
The amount of traffic on Australia's roads has dramatically decreased since states began imposing restrictions on movement in order to contain the COVID-19 virus spread from mid-March 2020 onwards.

But alarming statistics from the Australian Road Safety Foundation's (ARSF) annual report show that while two thirds of Australians believe the roads are safer under current conditions, the rate of dangerous driving behaviours has actually increased.

Speeding is up a whopping 17 per cent on usual levels, mobile phone use has increased by 9 per cent, running a red light or stop sign is 5 per cent more common and drink driving has seen a 3 per cent spike.

Men, who make up two thirds of the current national road toll, are also more likely to engage in these risky road behaviours than women, the research found.
Traffic is down, dangerous driving is up! Caradvice might not be in the know but in Melbourne's Northern suburbs, red light actually means 'give way'

https://www.caradvice.com.au/847133/...post-covid-19/
Old 02-05-2020, 07:56 PM   #2573
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Looks like we finally have the EU on board for backing an inquiry. I used to think that G8 at least would be automatic. Bit by bit we are getting there.

The EU has gone about it the right way. They are hurting as much as anyone but their response has been measured and calculated. They have learnt from the past. If the investigation is EU led then I think it'll get up. If it is US (or even AU) led, no chance.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:21 PM   #2574
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Not on Team 'Straya Rom-ski? Had you pegged as a flag-waver. Oh well...
Not Scotty from marketings definition of Team 'Straya. We shouldn't be negotiating with an economic terrorist.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:40 PM   #2575
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

We need Donald Trump and our own “Right Wing Wackos” to run this Country, it’ll all be sorted in the next few days.

Team Straya will get back to where we were in the 1960’s ��
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2020, 09:03 PM   #2576
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
We need Donald Trump and our own “Right Wing Wackos” to run this Country, it’ll all be sorted in the next few days.

Team Straya will get back to where we were in the 1960’s ��
Free university, 2% unemployment rate, Australian manufacturing industry and being able to tell people who look different to go back to their own country, sign me up
8 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2020, 09:34 PM   #2577
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 02-05-2020, 09:38 PM   #2578
marty351
Shenanigans..............

♪♪memories♪♪…
Old 02-05-2020, 10:16 PM   #2579
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:

Do it with me:

3 more terms!
3 more terms!
3 more terms!
Quote:
Coronavirus app tracing capability not operational, despite 4 million downloads

More than 4 million people have downloaded the COVIDSafe app, but the information it collects is not yet available to state and territory health officials.
https://amp.abc.net.au/article/12208...mpression=true

And to think I was concerned over the government using the data for nefarious purposes but given that the government doesn't even have access to it I think my concerns were misplaced

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 02-05-2020 at 10:22 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2020, 10:35 PM   #2580
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post

The technology behind the Australian government’s new COVIDSafe tracing app could create a comprehensive social contacts map of the nation – a potentially valuable dataset to foreign governments and Australian law enforcement.

That’s the view of one analyst, Professor Dali Kaafar, executive director of the Optus Macquarie University Cyber Security Hub, who has studied the app’s functions and the source code of the Singaporean version, which he says the Australian app very closely matches.

He argues that if the entire dataset were to become centrally located and accessible, it would likely be of great interest to governments and other organisations.

Under current Australian law, only state and territory health officers tracing coronavirus contacts will have access to the data COVIDSafe collects and, even then, only parts of it, under very strict conditions.

But Kaafar says that if the security provisions changed, the COVIDSafe data could be crossmatched with other personal data, including open-source information about personal activities posted on social media sites.

That could provide a very accurate and revealing portrait of Australians’ movements, who they spend time with, precisely when and ultimately even where.

Yep, all I can see is a lot of if's, could's, would's, potentially, etc, etc, blah, blah. Total load of crap. A lot of possibilities and not much reality, other than the paragraph in red.

Anyone using an Apple or Google based Smartphone, and is concerned about your privacy, here's a hint. Get yourself one of THESE phones! Almost all the apps you've downloaded onto your phone is in breach of your "privacy". Funny thing is - you agreed to, and gave them permission to access your "privacy". Your location, messages, photos, call history, social media activities, etc, etc, etc. And government security and law agencies have access to it all, because you agreed to let them access it. Yet you won't download the CovidSafe app because you're concerned about your "privacy"?? CovidSafe app is the least of your concerns when it comes to your "privacy".

All you are doing is helping to prolong this s***ty situation. Restrictions drag on, economic impacts dragging on, health and wellbeing of the population continues to fall further and further the longer this s**t continues. With CovidSafe, knowing when and where transmission is occurring, by locating those who are infected with the virus, and being able to manage outbreaks will help us with getting back to somewhat of a 'normal' life again. The app is to manage this virus. Not to manage or spy on you.

And before anyone thinks I am a flag waver, far from it. Very far from it. I just want to do whatever it takes to get back to life as it was before this s**t was unleashed on us. If it means having to download an app that stores phone numbers of people who I've been closer than 1.5M to, and spent 15min or more with them, on my phone only, then so f**cking be it.

You can always turn Bluetooth off.

Oh, and for anyone interested, here's Professor Dali Kaafar, and his buddy Dr Hassan Asghar's actual Macquarie University report dated 07/04/2020.

https://lighthouse.mq.edu.au/article...ivacy-concerns

Last edited by Tickford.; 02-05-2020 at 10:40 PM.
3 users like this post:
Closed Thread