Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

View Poll Results: Should this car get a member page on aufalcon.com?
Add the car. 25 59.52%
Dont add the car. 17 40.48%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 14-02-2005, 10:14 PM   #1
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Default aufalcon.com car opinion needed.

Ok, for almost 9 months we have been happily growing with well over 100 cars on the site. There have been times that I have looked at some cars and would not do the same to mine, its an ever growing community of cars and not all are everyones tastes. That said I have never looked at a car and thought "Should I put that on the site?". Its always been an easy decision...and so far no regrets.

That is until tonight. I have recieved this car in the email and I, as the webmaster, am going to defer the decision to the people who use aufalcon.com and who it was set up for.

I do not know the owner, I have no clue. It is obviously their pride and joy though. I shall let you all make up your own minds and vote in the poll.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 14-02-2005, 10:18 PM   #2
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

Dont be cruel.
:P

DONT DO IT SHANE!

"Experimental Racer" #6
1994 Gunmetal XG XR6 1997-1999
[B][COLOR=Red] 1994 Le Mans Red ED

Back in a Ford XR. MA XR5 Mondeo

Old 14-02-2005, 10:19 PM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKFD6
Dont be cruel.
:P

DONT DO IT SHANE!
Not up to me, its up to everyone else.

Old 14-02-2005, 10:21 PM   #4
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Tough call. I don't know. As a newbie you are probably right its his pride and joy. My ask for a better possed picture? (and I don't like white AU's by default)
Uncle_Ken
Old 14-02-2005, 10:22 PM   #5
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Sorry can't spell. does he have a better picture?
Old 14-02-2005, 10:23 PM   #6
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

nope, thats the only pic...although in better quality. I have reduced it for the forums

Old 14-02-2005, 10:29 PM   #7
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Oh dear. Ok now I can vote. (:
Old 14-02-2005, 10:30 PM   #8
buickman
buickman

It might not be to everyones idea of what a AU should look like, and the owner is someone with different ideas from mainstream AU owners. Its a AU and should be put up as well as other AU's. I might be game saying that LOL.

buickman
Old 14-02-2005, 10:30 PM   #9
Sylox
Uterus M.I.A.

Spinners : the factory hub caps look better

And the nic "Head turner"

Hmmm needs some attention that car before it graces the pages of AUFALCON.COM IMHO

If I have offended a newbie Ummm lmao Tuff :hihi:

Last edited by Sylox; 14-02-2005 at 10:34 PM.
Old 14-02-2005, 10:32 PM   #10
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman
It might not be to everyones idea of what a AU should look like, and the owner is someone with different ideas from mainstream AU owners. Its a AU and should be put up as well as other AU's. I might be game saying that LOL.

buickman
I agree with you, thats why I put it to the vote. Its not the spinner caps that got me thinking either....its the V6 engine. aufalcon.com is a site for enthusiests , does this car qualify?

Old 14-02-2005, 10:36 PM   #11
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im gonna be blunt, NO ****ING WAY!!!!!
Its not about offending him, this is an education :hihi:
Old 14-02-2005, 10:37 PM   #12
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

So what kind of V6 does it have? Has he looked under the bonnet since buying the car?

Remind me to take some more pics, so I can get my car on your site finally....
Old 14-02-2005, 10:38 PM   #13
buickman
buickman

The v6 mtr is a rare mtr in a AU LOL. But he must have some pride in the beast to want to show it of on a car forum. Plus mentioning is a head turner must be for Holden guys to bag.
buickman
Old 14-02-2005, 11:04 PM   #14
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

ask him to stand behind the fence and take another shot.......
Old 14-02-2005, 11:27 PM   #15
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Casper - aufalcon . com is a site for aufalcons. The fact that this guy has put a rear spoiler and spinning hubcaps on his car makes him a bit above the average falcon driver in that he at least wants to make his car look "better" (let's agree on different) to everyone else's. OK, so he doesn't know it's an I6 and thinks it's a V6. you have his email address, send him an email and correct him on that point.

I think you should add it. OK, it's not the best looking car on the site, but it's also not stock standard, and it just makes the rest of our cars look that much better. Mine is as rough as guts, but it's on the site. I know mine's not as bad as this one, but it also isn't as good as Mal's car. It takes all sorts, and while this is one we'd all rather leave in the pack, he has taken the time to send you a pic and a list of what the car's got, we should at least give him a fair go.

Also, nowhere on the form does it say that there is any risk of the car NOT being added to the site. Not that he can sue you/us if we don't add it, but he has fulfilled his side of getting the car up on the site, we (you) should do yours. The link to the form actually has the following:

"Own an AU (Forte, Fairmont, XR, Futura, Fairlaine, LTD, T Series, any AU is welcome)? Want to have it on the site? Your more than welcome!

It is FREE, no catch, no questions.

Simply fill in the form that can be downloaded HERE, then just attach your AU's pictures and the form and email them to casper1612@optusnet.com.au
"

(By the way, you need to change your, to you're - as in "You're more than welcome")

Nowhere does it mention that it is a site for "enthusiasts" - I know that's the intention of the site, but it doesn't actually say it on the home page etc. Perhaps you should change the "You're more than welcome", to "You're more than welcome unless you have spinning hubcaps"

This is my VERY Strong opinion, and if you don't put his car up, then I think you can withdraw mine in the spirit of fairness.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 14-02-2005, 11:36 PM   #16
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree with JC. He has an AU, he has his own tastes. I have my own tastes. We all do things to our cars which are a bit different to others sometimes. Some things appeal to others, some things dont.

He has a passion for the AU, otherwise he wouldnt bother contacting you. He might end up selling the chromies, and getting some nice 17s. Just because it doesn't look all that good doesn't mean people will think badly of an AU, you just need to take one glimpse at some other cars to check out what the AU is all about.

As JC said:

Quote:
"Own an AU (Forte, Fairmont, XR, Futura, Fairlaine, LTD, T Series, any AU is welcome)? Want to have it on the site? Your more than welcome!"
Old 14-02-2005, 11:41 PM   #17
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCXR8
I think you should add it
I second that opinion
Old 14-02-2005, 11:43 PM   #18
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lol, are we sure that this guy isnt just shit stirring us here?
This really looks like its a joke, im not taking it seriously at all...
and regardless of it being an au or not, its not worthy...
Old 14-02-2005, 11:51 PM   #19
XRQTR
TBA Customs

hmmmmm well if u wanna be a pack of elitest fascists then ye dont put it up but as JC just pointed out nowhere does it say that if ur car is shit we wont put it up. I mean their would be a number of cars on all the forums on FF that certain mmebers may not exactly feel passionate about but at the end of the day the owner does and hence his/her eagerness to have it posted on the site.

I mean since when did we become the fashion police??? :jerk:

Besides wouldnt it be better to bring them into the fold and save them from the evils which may be festering in their souls??? :nutsycuck

And anyway did you stop to think that perhaps their budget didnt quite stretch as far as they nay have liked????

Bring them I say, the weak, the hungry, the blind (hehe) bring them in, hey and think of it this way after we teach em the way we can always sell em the stuff we wanna get rid of :voldar02: I mean only because it would increase the valueand pulling power of their ve-hi-cle.

Oh and by the way fellas with a nick like Head Turner does anyone know this aint a *chick* ????

Food for thought Jsmilie:
Old 14-02-2005, 11:52 PM   #20
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCXR8
Casper - aufalcon . com is a site for aufalcons. The fact that this guy has put a rear spoiler and spinning hubcaps on his car makes him a bit above the average falcon driver in that he at least wants to make his car look "better" (let's agree on different) to everyone else's. OK, so he doesn't know it's an I6 and thinks it's a V6. you have his email address, send him an email and correct him on that point.

I think you should add it. OK, it's not the best looking car on the site, but it's also not stock standard, and it just makes the rest of our cars look that much better. Mine is as rough as guts, but it's on the site. I know mine's not as bad as this one, but it also isn't as good as Mal's car. It takes all sorts, and while this is one we'd all rather leave in the pack, he has taken the time to send you a pic and a list of what the car's got, we should at least give him a fair go.

Also, nowhere on the form does it say that there is any risk of the car NOT being added to the site. Not that he can sue you/us if we don't add it, but he has fulfilled his side of getting the car up on the site, we (you) should do yours. The link to the form actually has the following:

"Own an AU (Forte, Fairmont, XR, Futura, Fairlaine, LTD, T Series, any AU is welcome)? Want to have it on the site? Your more than welcome!

It is FREE, no catch, no questions.

Simply fill in the form that can be downloaded HERE, then just attach your AU's pictures and the form and email them to casper1612@optusnet.com.au
"

(By the way, you need to change your, to you're - as in "You're more than welcome")

Nowhere does it mention that it is a site for "enthusiasts" - I know that's the intention of the site, but it doesn't actually say it on the home page etc. Perhaps you should change the "You're more than welcome", to "You're more than welcome unless you have spinning hubcaps"

This is my VERY Strong opinion, and if you don't put his car up, then I think you can withdraw mine in the spirit of fairness.
I'm glad this has come out because, as you say, it is a site for ALL AU's, not just those we agree with.
I just needed everyone to see it and understand.
I admit, at first, I looked at it and went "oh no" but, as I thought about it, I have come to the conclusion that the car is an AU, it is his pride and joy, and aufalcon.com is a site for ALL AU's.

Old 14-02-2005, 11:52 PM   #21
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Phil - I thought of it being a joke, but at the end of the day, even if it is, it's an AU, and it qualifies on every criteria we advertise on the site:

"any AU is welcome".

So as far as it being not worthy, how is it not worthy? According to the site's own definition, any AU qualifies, and although this car stretches the defintion of "any", it IS an AU!

The other point is, it will have it's own link, so if you don't want to see it, don't click the link.

Casper, perhaps we need a new category - we have premier members, members etc. Perhaps we should add this to a new category of "Other AU falcons". It can be the one and only feature car.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 14-02-2005, 11:57 PM   #22
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im gonna get my mate to post pics of his AU taxi, its his pride and joy... _
Old 14-02-2005, 11:59 PM   #23
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj
Im gonna get my mate to post pics of his AU taxi, its his pride and joy... _
please do...I have wanted a AU taxi on there for ages to be honest.

Old 15-02-2005, 12:03 AM   #24
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

It is the only V6 AU I have ever heard about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
Old 15-02-2005, 12:05 AM   #25
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
please do...I have wanted a AU taxi on there for ages to be honest.
Shane, im being sarcastic mate...
anyways, no more posts by me in this thread about this..
Old 15-02-2005, 12:12 AM   #26
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Phillyyyyyyyyyyy

maaaaaaaaaate

how goes it bloke, ok now a few years back i sent in a pic of my XR in to Tickford and XR owners club aka FPV and XR now, i cant remember how many times i sent it to them and nothing. One time I even saw them at the sandown 500 at a club display and I asked them why they hadnt put my car in and do you know what i got, nothing mate, the dick that I spoke to just looked at me like I was nobody.

what makes this even funnier though is that a couple of years down the track i happened to bump into the then (dont know if now) webmaster, cant remember names but anyways he asked me to bring the car down and join the club, personally, i declined because of the attitude that had been shown to me by some ****er previously and i made sure he knew this was the reason.

anyway you have seen my car and i hope you dont think its a waste of time, but at the end of the day they did and because of that I chose to not get involved with them or their club, in my case though i think im better for it _2: but as i said js before maybe they couldnt afford more.

:evilsasmo
Old 15-02-2005, 12:22 AM   #27
chippa6
Novice Professional

I'll be hopefully getting my car added to the site when I get some pics organised even though i've had the car for months sleep:

But in my opinion even though his tastes aren't the same as a lot of ours, doesn't mean we should bag the car out - it is HIS pride and joy.

Apart from this just think of the new ideas help and advice that this person can get from joining the site. Obviously he is a newbie and what better way of helping out the not so "AU modified" minded than for him to see his car up with others and to join the AU falcon community. :eclipsee_

Just my opinion

Chippa
Old 15-02-2005, 12:40 AM   #28
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Here Here ill drink to that

:
Old 15-02-2005, 12:50 AM   #29
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

I'd say welcome aboard and an please give me a call and some more pictures/details. Best way to spot a setup. :
Old 15-02-2005, 12:53 AM   #30
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Ok, so it's not exactly to my tastes, but then again I've done things to my car that aren't to other people's tastes either. Why are we really questioning to what is really straightforward?