Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 14-07-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
bman

Default No Coyote News.....so I Bought a Maloo

I hate to say it, I really do. I am a ford man at heart. No scrap that.....I am an aussie man at heart!

I was waiting and waiting for info on the Coyote and FPV upgrades but nothing has come forward. I spent the last 6mths shopping around and test driving and i ended up uying a 2009 model Maloo ex demo with 1000k on the clock for $55k which is outstanding value for an oz muscle car. I have had the exhaust, OTR and mafless done and I am pushing out 378kw. It is a beauty to drive.

If official info was available I would have waited to test drive before deciding.

So FPV.....listen up.....

POOR MARKETING = LOST SALEs

Sorry chaps

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 093.jpg (69.1 KB, 302 views)

- 17 x Ford Falcon XT BF - Within my Fleet -
- 4 x Ford Falcon XR6 BF - Within my Fleet -
- 110 x Mitsubishi Express - Within my Fleet -
- 2 x Hyundai iLoad - Within my Fleet -
Old 14-07-2010, 12:41 PM   #2
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman
I hate to say it, I really do. I am a ford man at heart. No scrap that.....I am an aussie man at heart!

I was waiting and waiting for info on the Coyote and FPV upgrades but nothing has come forward. I spent the last 6mths shopping around and test driving and i ended up uying a 2009 model Maloo ex demo with 1000k on the clock for $55k which is outstanding value for an oz muscle car. I have had the exhaust, OTR and mafless done and I am pushing out 378kw. It is a beauty to drive.

If official info was available I would have waited to test drive before deciding.

So FPV.....listen up.....

POOR MARKETING = LOST SALEs

Sorry chaps

Will Ford ever learn ????

Brilliant Cars, HOWEVER Marketing management Failure to identify, enlighten and engage with the market / buyer Profile = Failure to develop positive product and market Image = Sales Fail

Last edited by stevefreestyle; 14-07-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 14-07-2010, 12:49 PM   #3
bman

sadly yes.....

Never thought I would own a HSV - but they had the info when I wanted it and i just could not argue with the price.

I still have dreams of a coyote and no doubt will be in it one day, series II perhaps.

Ford/FPV need to understand their market much better. Brand loyalty with the next generation in regards to any product on the market is proving to stand for nothing. People will switch with increasing regularity in the future (if not already)

Old 14-07-2010, 12:50 PM   #4
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Nice I nearly went Maloo but instead got another F6 because I still found the HSV engine much less satisfying than the massive thrust / overtaking urge of the FG F6. I drove the new 315 SP and it felt lame compared to my stock 71,000km old BF F6 let alone the FG. It was a close call for me though between F6 and Maloo but this was the end of last year and Maloo's weren't all that cheap then and I managed to get an F6 with hardlid etc. on the road for 56, if Maloo's were that price at the time it would have been a closer call. I hope you enjoy it.
Old 14-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #5
bman

Love the F6!!!

I drove the sedan read about the rear suspension set up in the ute as was a little scared off. The other thing that had me in a Maloo over an F6 was that I felt like I was sitting 'IN' the maloo and in the F6 i felt like i was sitting 'ON' it. Far to high in the ford for my 6ft4 frame!

That aside, the F6 ute looks way better than the sedan!! ENJOY!!

Bingo re the LS3, stock down low it just bogs down, was hopless untill i had the OTR done. Much more useable around town now, but still not as flexible as the Ford Turbo Six. But having said that its not really apples for apples becase the 315Boss down low was pathetic comparied to the 317 LS3.

TRACK CHALLENGE PERHAPS???

Old 14-07-2010, 12:57 PM   #6
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

6'4" yep that would rule a lot of stuff out and the Falcon ute is not easy to get in and out of for big people. I see why you had an XR5T also, the amount of room in the front of them is incredible, it's like getting in a tardis, felt heaps roomier in the front than a B Series Fairmont!
Old 14-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #7
mcnews
Trev

Quote:
Now that would be fun :-) Stock F6 against tuned HSV.... I would be up for a crack, LOL.
Old 14-07-2010, 01:02 PM   #8
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Love the F6!!!

I drove the sedan read about the rear suspension set up in the ute as was a little scared off. The other thing that had me in a Maloo over an F6 was that I felt like I was sitting 'IN' the maloo and in the F6 i felt like i was sitting 'ON' it. Far to high in the ford for my 6ft4 frame!

That aside, the F6 ute looks way better than the sedan!! ENJOY!!

Bingo re the LS3, stock down low it just bogs down, was hopless untill i had the OTR done. Much more useable around town now, but still not as flexible as the Ford Turbo Six. But having said that its not really apples for apples becase the 315Boss down low was pathetic comparied to the 317 LS3.

If you feed the BOSS too much Go pedal too soon it will bog down. Sometimes less is more where the Boss is concerned, I find it is best to feather and feel the pedal - it takes some getting used to.
Old 14-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #9
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Nice ute you've brought.

You’re an impatient bugger, and that’s fair enough, because you would have been waiting a long time to pick up a supercharged Coyote for 55 grand, a long time.

I’ve seen Maloos go for those dollars before, infact I know a guy that got a new one for that.

To be honest I find it strange that no official news from Ford led you to buy a Maloo, but like I said, if you wanted to spend 55, no Coyote would have been in your driveway for a while yet.

By the time the SC Coyote is 55k, you’ll be able to trade the Maloo for maybe 35, gulp.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.

Last edited by tex; 14-07-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 14-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #10
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
Nice ute you've brought.

You’re an impatient bugger, and that’s fair enough, because you would have been waiting a long time to pick up a supercharged Coyote for 55 grand, a long time.

I’ve seen Maloos go for those dollars before, infact I know a guy that got a new one for that.

To be honest I find it strange that no official news from Ford led you to buy a Maloo, but like I said, if you wanted to spend 55, no Coyote would have been in your driveway for a while yet.

Buy the time the SC Coyote is 55k, you’ll be able to trade the Maloo for maybe 35, gulp.
Arnt you forgetting the (S/C) XR8 Tex ?
Old 14-07-2010, 01:13 PM   #11
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Awesome looking ute.. Shame FPV misses out but you probably wouldnt have bought one anyways with the increased price and fact that there will no longer be an FPV Pursuit ute!
Old 14-07-2010, 01:14 PM   #12
AzuR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey mate

Awesome ute, ive test driven a couple of them, and have been in your shoes for the last 6 months, only lately deciding to try n hold on, but just about everyday i drive past a HSV dealer im in there looking :P Also test drove an e series 2 GTS not to long ago, woah! stepped out of my 290 and into the 325, it was like entering a rocket ship.

They did offer me 35k trade in for my 10 month old 22k xr8 ute, which seeing what there going for second hand i didnt think was to bad, although that is 14k in 10months down the drain, so i stepped away

Hope you enjoy it mate and for everyone finding themselves in similiar situations, other than the pure ford fans, i hope ford blows us away in the coming months Im holding on

All 20th Ann extras

: |||Mods To Date - Lowered all Round on Walkinshaw Springs. More to come . Tuned by ?????- Power - . ||| :

|Hers| 2009 LV XR5 Turbo in Silhouette
Old 14-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #13
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle
Arnt you forgetting the (S/C) XR8 Tex ?
Nah haven't forgotten mate, it is a fair question though.

I was thinking that 'like for like' would mean the FPV would have been his only option given he brought the HSV.

HSV are going to be selling some damn cheap cars over the next 12 months...

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 14-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #14
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
Nah haven't forgotten mate, it is a fair question though.

I was thinking that 'like for like' would mean the FPV would have been his only option given he brought the HSV.

HSV are going to be selling some damn cheap cars over the next 12 months...
i thought the XR8 was going over to FPV anyway, thats why its not on fords website
Old 14-07-2010, 01:31 PM   #15
tex
Broken

Quote:

Yep, you're on, your modified maloo 325 against my modified wheezer 302 Boss, around a track hahahahhahahaha

Cheaky bugger

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 14-07-2010, 01:32 PM   #16
tex
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSHOG
i thought the XR8 was going over to FPV anyway, thats why its not on fords website
That I had forgotten...... thanks for the correction Boshog

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 14-07-2010, 01:34 PM   #17
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
That I had forgotten...... thanks for the correction Boshog
im still not sure if it is, ive read mixed reports in the last 3 months. but it seems to make sense now that its removed from the website
Old 14-07-2010, 01:40 PM   #18
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

So let me get this right....the fact that Ford didn't have a car for sale that you wanted to buy at the time you wanted to buy it means that their marketing department is no good? Think of how the sales of the Boss engined cars would be if they released info on the news engine ahead of time. That would be more negligent I think.

If you weren't prepared to wait for the coyote to be released, then that's your own fault. I don't see how you think Ford is to blame in this instance?

Oo\===/oO
Old 14-07-2010, 01:41 PM   #19
b2tf
not here much anymore

You're not the first in the situation and you sure won't be the last either. Ford really need to pull their finger out and set the record straight - all these questions going unanswered have a lot of people reluctant to hand over good coin for a model that could be superceded or even deleted in only a few months.

I like the maloos but that colour isn't my favorite - white one with the pentagon wheels would have me sold, but to each their own. As long as youre happy is the main thing, and with those numbers you mentioned I would certainly have a smile on my face.
Old 14-07-2010, 01:41 PM   #20
Brute 33
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a 315 Pursuit and I have had many a squirt against alot of varied makes and lets say that they don,t enjoy seeing the rear of my ute ,oh and the odd bike sits up and takes notice too... :hrod
Old 14-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #21
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Is that based on the assumption that FPV will be building the engine ? This is probably just replicating the current business model - with the FPV built Boss 260/290 (de-tuned GT) in the FORD XR8.

I think Burela has indicated they do not intend to surrender the "Iconic" XR8, promising there are "exciting" things in the pipeline.

The fact that it has been quietly removed from the Ford web-site product range, is probably indicative of the Euro-IV Hippy law restriction (prohibition) on building 07/10 plated XR8 Boss 290 engines from 01/07/10. Hopefully it will re-emerge from its hybernation with a brilliant blown 5.0 (de-tuned GT).
Old 14-07-2010, 02:09 PM   #22
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
Is that based on the assumption that FPV will be building the engine ? This is probably just replicating the current business model - with the FPV built Boss 260/290 (de-tuned GT) in the FORD XR8.

I think Burela has indicated they do not intend to surrender the "Iconic" XR8, promising there are "exciting" things in the pipeline.

The fact that it has been quietly removed from the Ford web-site product range, is probably indicative of the Euro-IV Hippy law restriction (prohibition) on building 07/10 plated XR8 Boss 290 engines from 01/07/10. Hopefully it will re-emerge from its hybernation with a brilliant blown 5.0 (de-tuned GT).
no, i heard the XR8 will have sn FPV badge leaving ford with no V8 in the range, i read it somewhere on here months ago, cant remember where but
Old 14-07-2010, 02:14 PM   #23
mcnews
Trev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute 33
I have a 315 Pursuit and I have had many a squirt against alot of varied makes and lets say that they don,t enjoy seeing the rear of my ute ,oh and the odd bike sits up and takes notice too... :hrod
Sorry mate, it would be nigh on impossible for almost any bike not to completely obliterate your SP in acceleration. If you kept up with any bike they simply were taking off normally. It happens a bit, you take off at the lights slowly and you have some hero in a car next to you with valves nearly exiting the bonnet while you have basically taken off at idle. You are dreaming.
Old 14-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #24
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
So let me get this right....the fact that Ford didn't have a car for sale that you wanted to buy at the time you wanted to buy it means that their marketing department is no good? Think of how the sales of the Boss engined cars would be if they released info on the news engine ahead of time. That would be more negligent I think.

If you weren't prepared to wait for the coyote to be released, then that's your own fault. I don't see how you think Ford is to blame in this instance?
I think its more a question of the abject failure of Ford Marketing to manage and disseminate any information to both inform and tantalise the market, and thus better manage market expectations (and buyer anxieties) and retain otherwise lost sales to the main opposition.
Old 14-07-2010, 02:18 PM   #25
bman

mcnews: yeah the XR5 was an awesome care, its for sale now, stacks of room. I reckon your F6 stock would still get up over the tuned HSV, but only just. My Maloo ran a 4.8 at the HSV track day.

stevefreestyle: point noted re boss feathering.

tex: not really impatient, I have been hunting for 10mths, test driving for 6mths. You name it, I drove it. The reason I bought teh $55k V8 is because I could not justify $85k for a GTS (as amasing as it was) and did not want to be locked in to a Large Finance for a long period of time so that when the Series II coyote is release in many years to come and the bugs are ironed out I can make a switch with very little pain. I would be very happy with a $35k trade in for 4yrs but that is dreaming!! I wanted my V8 fun now.

I would not by the XR8 because I would be jelouse every time an FPV GT passed me by (lesson learnt many years ago)

bfiipursuit: money is not an issue for me and would spend $90k+ for the right car. Hopfully the FPV Coyote Series II is that car. I am not a ute man, i wanted a sedan but again $55k was to good to pass up.

azur: buy the GTS if you can justify it.....it is the best oz car on the road, and the LS3 is good for 350kw without mods which is what i suspect HSV will do when FPV release the coyote at 330kw+.

Pauty: i think you need to read my inital post again....I would have waited for a Coyote if information (normally supplied by the marketing team) was available. but no infomation, coupled with a stellar deal made me jump! But thanks for the unnessasary hit below the belt! It would seem most people here are in agreeance with me and infact some are in the same position.

b2tf: agree not my fav colour either, and would love a white one. I nearly paid $66k for one but again i could not justify it. When I found this for $55k I just kept thinking......is a colour really worth $11K.....NO WAY!!! I have learnt to love it. I have had the front nose painted the same as the GTS as well as the wheel inserts, the colour really pops now.

WOW!! A few people are making a number of assumptions about me!!

The reason I bought the Maloo was because

a) Ford/FPV were unable to provide any official information on the Coyote
b) $55k for a Maloo is excellent deal (currently ranging between $63k-$70k). The reason it was $55k is that the dealer i bought it from passed the HSV rebate saving on to me so that they could move the product, which was all 09 plated vehicles sold beyond EOFY would receive $13k off list.

Old 14-07-2010, 02:19 PM   #26
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty

+1.. pretty lame reasoning...

Old 14-07-2010, 02:21 PM   #27
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think its more a question of the abject failure of Ford Marketing to manage and disseminate any information to both inform and tantalise the market, and thus better manage market expectations (and buyer anxieties) and retain otherwise lost sales to the main opposition.
That makes no sense, how do you know they wont do that when the time is right?????
EVERYONE knows a new engine is coming..
If someone needs a car now and cant wait a few months no amount of "marketing" is going to change that is it...... If people jump the gun then i guess they're the losers if the lack of patience means they miss out on a better product..

Old 14-07-2010, 02:22 PM   #28
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
no, i heard the XR8 will have sn FPV badge leaving ford with no V8 in the range, i read it somewhere on here months ago, cant remember where but
Thanks mate, although I sincerely hope you are wrong ! As you indicate that would leave ford without a performance V8 in their line-up, and it would seriously limit the XR8 sales exposure - limiting it to FPV dealers.
Old 14-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #29
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I think you bought on impulse and price, not the fact that you claim your bought a Maloo over a upcomming model from Ford/FPV because they havn't released any info,
Anyone on here (AFF) or a Ford fan as you claim to be, will be well aware that a S/C version is not to far away, if you were that keen and interested and a true Ford fan like you say you are, you would wait the time out, it's only going to be a couple of month's if that, with all the info we have now (albeit not classifeid) we know there is something good in the future and we have a fair understanding of what to expect, if you are not aware of that, you have not been doing your homework.
But don't blame Ford for your inpatience, you walked into a delaership and bought on impulse and with your wallet.
So let me ask you this, if the Coyote was available now but obviously as a new model and such it wouldn't be as heavliy discounted as your '09 model Maloo, so it would be more expensive, would you still have bought the Maloo ?
Old 14-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #30
tex
Broken

Cmon Norm, put the gloves down mate, he's brought a car, regardless of the llogic applied, he brought the one he wanted mate.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Closed Thread