Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 28-06-2020, 07:32 PM   #1
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Surely it isn’t too hard to have testing at airports.If the passenger refuses test,turn around,back where you came from.
Probably difficult to do to your own citizens.

I'd assume the reason why they're talking about 10 day extension on refusal of testing is that they can't legally force someone to take the test.

They said with fines that wealthy people will just opt to pay the fine so that the extra 10 days in the hotel is a disincentive to get people to take the test, these are people who have just returned to Australia from overseas so I assume the spondoolies isn't a question.

Personally I could think of worse things to happen then be stuck 24 days in a hotel in Melbourne, plenty of YouTube to watch.

Daniel Andrews mentioned that a lot of the refusals are from parents not wanting their young kids to do the nose swab but now they have access to a saliva only test.
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread