Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club > Orsm Build Thread

Orsm Build Thread Only for the ORSM Club Members and their rides

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #1
GTPOWR
Falcon GT Club Geelong

Default My Pride and Joy (GTPOWR's SON, TROY)

Hey guys i was just reading some build threads and thought to myself why not do one of my own.

I started off savind for my car 3 year ago, but started looking, when i turned 16 which was a year and a half ago, i was looking for an EF/EL XR6, White, Manual, and Sunroof. I tell you there was nothing at all, i looked for about 6 - 8 months, there was only one which was on the forum but there where some things i wasnt to happy with.

Due to me really wanting a car i started looking at alterantives such as the futura, GLI and Fairmonts, untill one day my Dad found me a 97 EL Fairmont Ghia with 149,000 on the clock. i Straight away fell in love with the interior. Within about a week or two My Dad, Girlfriends Dad Kevin (EVILEF) and my Girlfrind and I Flue up to Canberra and brought home my new pride and joy.

I started cleaning it just about straight away, got off the freeway and straight to the car wash for a rinse.

Here is some photos once i got it arrived home.

Also Some Photo of what i have done so far.

Wheels:
I got my wheels from a bridgestone in thomastown with my good mate ORSMEF, we both were very excited as i was only 16 and he was only 14. I decided that i was going to get the 19" GTP rims due to i wasnt to sure how the cobra wheels were going to look, but i think in my opinion i choose the right one.

After that i got my pride and joy lowered, springs from EL-0351 (Thanks once again) and i bought Pedders Shcokers all round. Heavy duty on the front. Also i got my windows tinted thanks to my oldest brother. Here is some shots.

Just showing an over all of what ive done from start to finish.

Thanks for your time and letting me join such an ORSM club.

Cheers Troy..

GTPOWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post