Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 31-01-2008, 01:32 PM   #1
ajay1940

Default Mondeo wins!!

Those of us who read Dutch, check out :
http://www.autointernationaal.nl/art...hp?id=5913&n=5

You will find that the new Mondeo with an overall rating of .90 is way ahead of everything else. Interestingly, Wheels Magazine's 2007 champ, the C class Mercedes, only rated .52 and is way down the list.
Not too surprising actually when you recall that Wheels once ignored their favourite marque, H***n, and awarded the honours to the Leyland P76!!

ajay1940 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2008, 01:55 PM   #2
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

I don't think I've read any car of the year or best car articles where the Mondeo hasn't been in at least the top 3. Impressive that it has proven a hit with journos and drivers across many markets.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:59 PM   #3
buickman
buickman

Their a neat looking car and will and are selling well in Europe.

But I will wait to see how its sales fair in the medium class in Australia against the reliable Camry and a soon to be release Mazda 6 update as well as Honda's Accord before I think Ford have come up with a real sales winner in the medium class since the Cortina. I don't think people have forgiven Ford for dropping the Cortina in favour for the Meteor.
I wonder how Ford Australia are going in stocking body and Mech parts for the Mondeo in Australia? If your unforntunate to have a crash the car could be stuck in the panel shop for a while.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 12:18 AM   #4
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

It's a huge ask to think the Mondeo will compete in sales numbers with the Mazda6 once the update comes through. The Mazda6 has a huge advantage in market awareness and judging by most reactions when I tell people I have bought a Mondeo, Ford have a little more work to do from a marketing perspective to have mid size buyers place it on their shopping list. Mind you, if they did their homework properly, it's currently a no brainer.

From what I've read, the Mondeo will still hold a size advantage over the 6 and accord euro(yet to be seen if that will be a good thing) and of course the euro isn't offered in a hatch which is generally more practical than a sedan. The TDCi will be Mondeo's strength as the 6's diesel is being held back 12 months (and on paper it will be worth the wait) whilst I've read nothing of a Euro diesel for Australia.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:58 PM   #5
Mikk
Starter Motor

Also, I've been informed by a sales person at mazda (after inquiring about the new 6 in diesel), that the Mondeo is the only one in its class with auto trans in diesel.
Mikk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2008, 07:48 PM   #6
monkeyboy666

And maybe wins again..?

http://www.wcoty.com/media/?release=38&year=2008

http://www.wcoty.com/vehicles/?year=2008&cat=1
monkeyboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2008, 08:01 PM   #7
HenryV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikk
Also, I've been informed by a sales person at mazda (after inquiring about the new 6 in diesel), that the Mondeo is the only one in its class with auto trans in diesel.
Passat can be gotten with VW's fancy dual clutch auto, but yes, this is still a big factor going Mondeo's way in the Australian market.
HenryV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2008, 11:35 PM   #8
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Mondeo also has knee airbags. That's 7 airbags standard.. That's something the competitors don't offer, including the newer Mazda6!
Old 29-02-2008, 11:43 PM   #9
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if Ford could get bums on seats to sit in a mondeo they would have a many more sales i reckon, i went too look at falcons in the showroom the Mondeo caught my eye was very much eye candy inside and out , very classy looking imo.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post