Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 22-08-2007, 09:59 PM   #1
chippa
XFT Tuned

Question radar detectors

Has anyone owned or tried a sti xr belltronics or whistler detector??
are whisltler detectors as just good seeing as they are half the price as beltronics ones???
guess this is mainly a Q for W.A and Tassie ppl seeing they are still legal in these states...
Cheers for any input

315 RwKw tuned by the best in the West
Old 22-08-2007, 11:47 PM   #2
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stay with the Bells mate they are proven, I have 3 mates with them and they all say that it preforms very well.

there is a new Beltronics on the market that is undetectable as well, in case you go interstate "AUS/NZ" Detector or something.

Cheers.
Old 23-08-2007, 12:39 AM   #3
exrtnz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X
Stay with the Bells mate they are proven, I have 3 mates with them and they all say that it preforms very well.

there is a new Beltronics on the market that is undetectable as well, in case you go interstate "AUS/NZ" Detector or something.

Cheers.
Yeah same as above, the bel sti xr is damn good , pick up stationary speed cameras too with good distance ,as i found out on my last 2 cruises.
Old 23-08-2007, 01:26 PM   #4
perthxr6t
PERTHXR6T

I have the newest whistler and it's fine and just as good as the Bell STI how do i know this! We have both as the young fella is running one Bell STI XR in his phoon and the whistler in our phoon.

Multinova camera's with the whistler is good picks them up from a hundred meters or so plenty of time to slow down and 360 degree coverage.

Just remember with multinova camera's as long as there is cars in front of you say 30 or 50 meters in front of you the detector will pick them up as the multinova is checking there speed not yours as you haven't got within the camera's range yet.

If it is just you and you are speeding you are history as the camera will scan you 20-30 meters before you pass it and you won't have enough time to slow down and it won't matter what detector you have as the multinova has a set distance to start scanning your car for speed.

Hwy patrol cars i have picked K band from 2-3 k's away and that's around corners over hills while traveling up to Kalbarrie.

And the whistler is alot cheaper than the bell.

Panther Black XR5T Mondeo
Sunroof
BlueTooth
Mods So Far

Air Box Mod
Lowered Eibach Springs 25mm
Alloy foot Pedals
Waiting for the Edit to come
Custom Cat Back Zorst
Old 23-08-2007, 01:41 PM   #5
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X
They have "radar detector detectors"?
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Old 23-08-2007, 02:01 PM   #6
james22
With da Warlords

they most certainly do. Not all police vehicles but alot of them. Big $$$ if you get caught using a radar detector in NSW lol

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
Old 23-08-2007, 02:14 PM   #7
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

illegal in all but one state, please also use the search function
Closed Thread