Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-04-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
craigrobinson
Full Speed Ahead!!!!

Default Thank God Im driving a Ford

Yesterday as i was driving home, a stupid ******* wit in a holden dunnydore pulled out in front of me from a side road then proceeded to stop lining her door up with the front of my baby girl.

Hit the skids closed the eyes and turned the wheel..... lo and behold the car steered me around her so that i stopped just in line with her front end. i was travelling at 80k's and i still cant beleive i didnt hit her. amazing stuff the ford has with safety features. amazing!!!!

craigrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Thank God Im driving a Ford

wow holy crap i've had the same sort of thing happen to me..... one dark stormy night i had some dirty friggin ROUNDABOUT pull out in front of me..... it wasnt a commy or even a holden.. just a stinkin roundabout.......
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #3
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

funny what ABS can do.
Old 13-04-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
fmc351
let it burn

Thats what happens when you shut your eyes, you miss.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #5
craigrobinson
Full Speed Ahead!!!!

Yeh spot on guys. lol. i had to pull over afterwards and hug my baby. she got a bit of a fright... but not as much as me almost shi**ing my pants. hahahahaha.
craigrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #6
LTDHO
The one and only

I'm assuming the subject title was a joke?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #7
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
funny what ABS can do.
And ESP/Traction Control......
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #8
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Good to know you made it!

A woman in a large 4WD did the same thing to me once and I'm lucky there was no one in the lane next to me to swerve into otherwise I would have went right into her.

As I drove past, I could see the terror on her rear passenger's face. Don't know the driver didn't see me in full daylight from such a high position. Too busy talking with her passengers I reckon.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #9
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

I recently had an incident with a little pizza delivery girl in her getz, pulling out of a T-intersection whilst I was going straight through. Obviously in her own little world though, given it was at night, my headlights arent easy to miss....

Further goes on to prove how idiocy (or driver error, to be politically correct), may *actually* be the reason behind accidents on our roads. As opposed to what is propagated by the ones we pick to rule this country.

As for something related to the thread title, well I guess the accident i had a few years back is testament to that...
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post