Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 20-11-2020, 08:44 AM   #721
Trevor 57
is now there

Default Re: USA 2020 Election

I saw a bit of it, I can't believe they actually believe the **** they sprout, do they live in a different reality to the rest of us

If you say it convincingly enough it must be true - America is ****ed - thanks Trump you ****er
Old 20-11-2020, 08:52 AM   #722
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpblue1000 View Post
Are you being a Black kettle! Or the pot?
Find the evidence of where I have personally insulted someone on this forum...
Old 20-11-2020, 08:52 AM   #723
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
I saw a bit of it, I can't believe they actually believe the **** they sprout, do they live in a different reality to the rest of us

If you say it convincingly enough it must be true - America is ****ed - thanks Trump you ****er
Lol 😂

True 👍
Old 20-11-2020, 08:54 AM   #724
blue sleeper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I for one will miss the entertainment..... To be fair at least he didn't start any wars....

Actually on that when was the last American President that didn't? It's been what 80 ish years?

Have: 1JZ Soarer dump pipe, exhaust, coilovers , 17" mags
Old 20-11-2020, 09:30 AM   #725
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue sleeper View Post
I for one will miss the entertainment..... To be fair at least he didn't start any wars....

Actually on that when was the last American President that didn't? It's been what 80 ish years?
No but the claim keeps being made and people just believe it.

Carter, Ford and Nixon did not start a war.
Old 20-11-2020, 09:34 AM   #726
PhilT2

This is a political discussion, don't go inserting facts here.
5 users like this post:
Old 20-11-2020, 10:25 AM   #727
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
This is a political discussion, don't go inserting facts here.
Alternate Facts are allowed though 👍
This user likes this post:
Old 20-11-2020, 10:39 AM   #728
superyob
Banned

I guess political 'discussions' and the subsequent insults that follow, are allowed on this forum after all. As long as the correct narrative is adhered to, anything is fair game.

This is exactly why Trump happened and why he and others will continue to reduce progressives to screeching tears.

Trump for the win. My cup is ready. You've seen it, now fear it...
4 users like this post:
Old 20-11-2020, 10:45 AM   #729
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I havent followed the election results with avid interest nor the page on the forum, but could I get a straight answer to the following

1. where can you go to watch truthful unbiased news?
2. Has there ever been an election result like this before?
3, Is Trump afraid of admitting defeat?
4. As a business man, I suspect he has always got his own way, anybody argues with me...your out. etc. Will we see some of these aides sue for unfair dismissal? or is that just an Aussie thing?
5. Has a president ever been forced out before in US history?
Has there ever been so much public anger/debate over an election?

Last edited by Tonz; 20-11-2020 at 10:53 AM.
Old 20-11-2020, 11:22 AM   #730
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
I havent followed the election results with avid interest nor the page on the forum, but could I get a straight answer to the following

4. As a business man, I suspect he has always got his own way, anybody argues with me...your out. etc. Will we see some of these aides sue for unfair dismissal? or is that just an Aussie thing?
1 Not possible. You need to seek out independent media sources.
2 No, the chicanery and shenanigans have never reached the scale of this election, as far as I know.
3 More than likely given the huge fraud in Biden's favour. In a fair contest, I don't know.
4 I don't know.
5 Nixon???
Old 20-11-2020, 11:33 AM   #731
Work Horse
Budget Racer

You have to DYOR
Quote:

All news has bias, so it is important to get information from a range of sources. Also everyone has personal bias, so even if there was only one source people would still disagree. Where possible I try and read actual evidence, original documents etc. I don't rely on journalists interpreting information for me.
If you mean close and contested yes the last couple of American elections have been just like this
Yes he has stated as much"it's easy to win, it's very hard to lose.
4. As a business man, I suspect he has always got his own way, anybody argues with me...your out. etc. Will we see some of these aides sue for unfair dismissal? or is that just an Aussie thing?I've run my own business for years, I will listen to people but at the end of the day the buck stops with me so I have the last say. The POTUS can not be sued by anyone for anything. I don't see Trump as much of a business man. Trump was born into money and made money as a reality TV star; his hotels don't make him a lot of money.
The press have a lot to do with the amount of coverage this is getting. Then again if people didn't look the press would find something else.
Old 20-11-2020, 12:07 PM   #732
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Well....

1. Pretty difficult. I would offer that any news outlet owned (or controlled ) by Murdoch will have a right wing bias. Plenty of rabid right wing bias cable services out of the USA - easy to search for. The New York Times (NYT) and the Washington Post (WP) seem to try for a neutral stance, but I can see some left wing bias in both, especially among the opinion columnists. In Australia the ABC tries to keep neutral as does The Guardian, and have the advantage of being funded from the public rather than vested interests. (That's going to get a howl of protest from right wingers and I'll accept that both the latter two tend towards left of centre articles). Overseas the BBC and the Times try for neutrality in my view.

2. Not in terms of the post election period, mainly because this one is the first in recent memory where the winner has not been congratulated by the loser, nor has a loser failed to acknowledge defeat until now in modern times.

3. Possibly, because at the end of his term he may face State based legal suits involving corporate and tax financial fraud. He isn't able to pardon himself from those whilst in office, or out of it for that matter. The jury seems out on whether he can extend to himself a future effective pardon for any (or all) Federal law suits.

4. Probably not, mainly because they are, for the most part rusted on adherents to the Trump cause, and do not want to incur his wrath. In any event their appointments were made by the President, and in many instances confirmed by the Senate. Presidential powers in the USA seem to be quite extensive. (It would fall under "serving at the pleasure of the President" tradition)

5. Depends on what you mean by "forced", Lincoln and Kennedy among others were assassinated whilst in office. In my view that is a kind of permanent "forcing out of office". Nixon resigned rather that get impeached - it also allowed his Vice president, (Ford, I think) to pardon him for the crimes that were alleged he had committed over the Watergate affair.

Public anger and debate? Not that I can remember - Clinton conceded the day following the MSM call of the election - and the public vote margin there was much smaller than for the current election. The electoral college margin was the same as is being given to Biden. Back in the Bush v Gore election where the result was determined by less than 1000 votes in Florida, if I recall accurately, but public outrage wasn't anything like as bad. Even with Nixon, his resignation calmed things down.

What we seem to have here is a deep polarisation of the Republic, and the split is very close to 50/50 with no one who is very vocal being ready to listen to the other point of view. And their Second Amendment right to "bear arms" results in many citizens wandering about the streets carrying loaded assault weapons.

Like others here have commented - This isn't going to end well unless some one with a high degree of public authority convinces D.J. Trump to concede the election to Biden. Given Trump's history that does not seem likely.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

Last edited by AlanD; 20-11-2020 at 12:20 PM.
Old 20-11-2020, 12:53 PM   #733
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
1 Not possible. You need to seek out independent media sources.
2 No, the chicanery and shenanigans have never reached the scale of this election, as far as I know.
3 More than likely given the huge fraud in Biden's favour. In a fair contest, I don't know.
4 I don't know.
5 Nixon???
So where is the fraud ? Prove it ? You and your mate are running out of time.. We are all still waiting for you to put your money where your mouth is....
2 users like this post:
Old 20-11-2020, 01:06 PM   #734
irvinnie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Recount in Georgia confirms Biden as the victor...

More troubling in my opinion is the lack of response during the COVID outbreak which is seeing more than 170,000 new cases daily. Trump is focused on himself and not his people. I guess when he said come the 4th November no one would be talking about the pandemic, he’s right all they can talk about his lack ability to admit defeat

2014 FGX G6E Turbo Tuned by Walter@Oztek performance 504rwkw on e85/420rwkw on 98 with a PCMTec flex fuel tune

Previous rides
- 2010 FG GT (335 build #152) 437rwkw
- 2012 XR6 turbo Ute 345rwkw
- 2007 Force 6 (build #91) 330 rwkw
- 2010 GTE (build #2) 425rwkw
- 2010 50th anniversary turbo ute 365 rwkw
3 users like this post:
Old 20-11-2020, 01:13 PM   #735
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
Putin doesn't want the Democrats coz he was ****ing in Trumps pocket and has Trump right where he wanted him. Putin would be a master of manipulating that idiot Trump.

About the only person dumber on the world leader scale would be Kim Jong Un, he is about as dumb as Trump
Dumb ?
Trump has the highest IQ bar for one President of the USA, I think it is 167 or so.

Trump is no mate of Putin in fact.

Putin feared old Hilliery Clinton getting in as that's understandable on his part, because Clinton waned to go to war with Russia, she is insane ! and Russia would give the USA a hell of a hiding and no one would come out the winner. Russia does not play silly buggers in war like Australia and USA do ponce about like morons due to 1000 restrictions etc placed on them for a start. just look at the latest hog wash with our head of ADF what a Political Correct tosser.

Kim his Korea is only a creation of the UN, USA tax payers have propped that game up for many years in fact. do your homework.

The UN got the USA into the war with Vietnam and played the USA like a puppet so they could not win, in fact they informed the enemy before strikes were made.

Trump is the best most productive President that the USA has ever had by far.
Biden and his Mob are a traitors to the freedoms of the USA people in fact they want the UN to dominate over the USA.
Old 20-11-2020, 01:14 PM   #736
blue sleeper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
No but the claim keeps being made and people just believe it.

Carter, Ford and Nixon did not start a war.
Wow 51 years.... My apologies......

Have: 1JZ Soarer dump pipe, exhaust, coilovers , 17" mags
Old 20-11-2020, 01:20 PM   #737
PhilT2

I don't believe there are any truly unbiased news sources and there is definitely no consistently accurate ones. The mainstream media started to have doubts about Trump in 2015 when he claimed Ted Cruz's father was involved in the JFK assassination. When they pressed him for proof he brushed them off. They realised then that he was a chronic bullsh***er and that he probably believed his own bs. The relationship went downhill after that. Obama and Clinton lied too but they were smarter about it and corrected themselves when caught.

The US is a violent place and the current situation is nothing like the mass protests during the Vietnam era. Look up the 1968 Democrat Convention and the Kent State killings for examples.

I would like to think the Democrats were capable of organising widespread voter fraud in multiple states but if they were that good then they would have found a better candidate for president. The story being put out by Sidney Powell is an insult to anyone who can do basic math.
Old 20-11-2020, 01:28 PM   #738
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanD View Post
Well....

1. Pretty difficult. I would offer that any news outlet owned (or controlled ) by Murdoch will have a right wing bias. Plenty of rabid right wing bias cable services out of the USA - easy to search for. The New York Times (NYT) and the Washington Post (WP) seem to try for a neutral stance, but I can see some left wing bias in both, especially among the opinion columnists. In Australia the ABC tries to keep neutral as does The Guardian, and have the advantage of being funded from the public rather than vested interests. (That's going to get a howl of protest from right wingers and I'll accept that both the latter two tend towards left of centre articles). Overseas the BBC and the Times try for neutrality in my view.

2. Not in terms of the post election period, mainly because this one is the first in recent memory where the winner has not been congratulated by the loser, nor has a loser failed to acknowledge defeat until now in modern times.

3. Possibly, because at the end of his term he may face State based legal suits involving corporate and tax financial fraud. He isn't able to pardon himself from those whilst in office, or out of it for that matter. The jury seems out on whether he can extend to himself a future effective pardon for any (or all) Federal law suits.

4. Probably not, mainly because they are, for the most part rusted on adherents to the Trump cause, and do not want to incur his wrath. In any event their appointments were made by the President, and in many instances confirmed by the Senate. Presidential powers in the USA seem to be quite extensive. (It would fall under "serving at the pleasure of the President" tradition)

5. Depends on what you mean by "forced", Lincoln and Kennedy among others were assassinated whilst in office. In my view that is a kind of permanent "forcing out of office". Nixon resigned rather that get impeached - it also allowed his Vice president, (Ford, I think) to pardon him for the crimes that were alleged he had committed over the Watergate affair.

Public anger and debate? Not that I can remember - Clinton conceded the day following the MSM call of the election - and the public vote margin there was much smaller than for the current election. The electoral college margin was the same as is being given to Biden. Back in the Bush v Gore election where the result was determined by less than 1000 votes in Florida, if I recall accurately, but public outrage wasn't anything like as bad. Even with Nixon, his resignation calmed things down.

What we seem to have here is a deep polarisation of the Republic, and the split is very close to 50/50 with no one who is very vocal being ready to listen to the other point of view. And their Second Amendment right to "bear arms" results in many citizens wandering about the streets carrying loaded assault weapons.

Like others here have commented - This isn't going to end well unless some one with a high degree of public authority convinces D.J. Trump to concede the election to Biden. Given Trump's history that does not seem likely.

Cheers
It's truly simple in fact, the President has the right to what he has done in regards to this election calling out points to Law, much the same was done with old Bush I believe contesting in regards that how he saw things then and totally within his rights to do so and So is Trump, no one could say that Trump is out of his rights to set out what he is doing. not one thing at all !
But the MSM is being total morons playing stupid games in all this in fact.
Old 20-11-2020, 01:29 PM   #739
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post
Trump has the highest IQ bar for one President of the USA, I think it is 167 or so.
I trust that you have proof of this and not just Trumps word?
Old 20-11-2020, 01:31 PM   #740
zipping
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The story being put out by Sidney Powell is an insult to anyone who can do basic math.
Powell is a highly distinguished attorney, a former federal prosecutor, has been the lead attorney on over 500 appeals (including at Supreme Court) with a 70% reversal record and claims she has the evidence. This will be interesting to watch.

The reason she is raising the voting machines is that it is a much easier case to make if she has evidence to prove fraud, affidavits and stats anomalies are not direct proof when asking courts to overturn votes.

Doubt she can make her case but that is not the same as has no case.
Old 20-11-2020, 01:33 PM   #741
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
So where is the fraud ? Prove it ? You and your mate are running out of time.. We are all still waiting for you to put your money where your mouth is....
You too can cry into my cup...
Old 20-11-2020, 01:53 PM   #742
PhilT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipping View Post
Doubt she can make her case but that is not the same as has no case.
Her claim that Trump won by "millions of votes" is ridiculous. The hand recounts prove she is full of it.
Old 20-11-2020, 01:59 PM   #743
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post
Dumb ?

Russia does not play silly buggers in war like Australia and USA do ponce about like morons due to 1000 restrictions etc placed on them for a start. just look at the latest hog wash with our head of ADF what a Political Correct tosser.

Putting aside Trump's intellect - which is a non sequitur

Your statement about political correct tosser -head of ADF reporting on the Brereton inquiry is offensive.

To have soldiers slit captured civilian boys throats with knives, to shoot unarmed villagers fleeing approaching choppers and have the criminal soldiers ridicule them as squirters, to have unblooded soldiers kill unarmed civilians to blood them, to place evidence to hide the murders- this is morally evil.

My Grandfather was in Somme in the Pommies army and came back deaf. He was a very good man who believed firmly in fighting for one's country and family- he would have been disgusted had his army stooped to such subhuman immorality.

At least Australia has the morality to have an Inquiry led by a Supreme Court of NSW Judge who has not pulled any punches. This is the sign of a ethical and morally healthy country.

Fortunately your comments are not in line with the morality of this society.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
Old 20-11-2020, 02:13 PM   #744
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue sleeper View Post
Wow 51 years.... My apologies......
39 years since Cater 1981.
Old 20-11-2020, 02:27 PM   #745
zipping
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Her claim that Trump won by "millions of votes" is ridiculous. The hand recounts prove she is full of it.
You do realise that the voting machines at the heart of the her claims are in 30 States?

Clearly the person who can't do maths is you.

If 1% of total votes are effected that is 1.5 million less for Biden and 1.5 million more for Trump. That's a 3 million shift in votes.

A big if but if Powell can prove her claims, it will shift millions of votes.

The statistical analysis of PA shows anomalous votes of around 300k in that 1 state alone, which is approx 4.4%.

I'm not sure that your claim of a "handcount" is the same as we would expect of a handcount here. I'm finding it hard to decipher what that actually means as in is it materially different to how the count was conducted first time.
Old 20-11-2020, 02:30 PM   #746
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Proof ?? Answer that question . You keep dodging that one amongst others..
You seem to be quite good at that..
2 users like this post:
Old 20-11-2020, 03:09 PM   #747
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
sounds like its already overflowing with your own , seeing this is all you have as a rebutle rathet than posting firm proof when asked

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
3 users like this post:
Old 20-11-2020, 03:29 PM   #748
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
sounds like its already overflowing with your own , seeing this is all you have as a rebutle rathet than posting firm proof when asked
You having a stroke Wodahs? Rather poor form considering your last reply.

Proof?

1) Your demands have the same value as an SJW screeching at the sky.
2) As opposed to all the 'proof' all your crowd draw from the seriously communist/ Trump deranged MSM? Yeah, I'll go with my original assertion...

Last edited by superyob; 20-11-2020 at 03:47 PM.
Old 20-11-2020, 04:00 PM   #749
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Proof?

2) As opposed to all the 'proof' all your crowd draw from the seriously communist/ Trump deranged MSM? Yeah, I'll go with my original assertion...
you believe my post to have poor form but have posted the same trolling post howmany times now
so if your going to see me on your opinion atleast give some factual info i can buy in to

i dont care who wins but am interested in how it plays out more so , and so far from you and your group i have no reason to believe what your shoveling asp when you constantly just post "tears" as well as i have a friend state side who voted for trump (and believes trumps lost) and is anoyed at his daughter for not voting trump but voting biden like her boy friend

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
2 users like this post:
Old 20-11-2020, 04:39 PM   #750
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:

Proof?

Yob it’s Ok 👍

Steiner is coming to relieve Berlin :

https://youtu.be/pR5q0ajW8Ko
3 users like this post:
Closed Thread