Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Caltex fuel pricing Gold Coast

Just a quick tip for anybody on the Gold Coast, Caltex in Mudgeeraba (next to the police station) have had 91 at a constant 136.9 for at least the last week, went past shell next to HJ (a few minutes up the road) and fuel was 151.9

Not sure if other caltex's are the same but thats a big price difference!

begs the question, if they can sell it at that price and still make a neat profit (they wouldn't if they aren't) then why is it so high everywhere else.

GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2011, 05:02 PM   #2
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Default Re: Caltex fuel pricing Gold Coast

Stopped there yesterday as they had diesel for 151.9. Cheapest out of all the Caltex/Woolworths outlets on the Coast.

What I can't understand is this... you go past the Caltex on Smith Street and they have diesel (sorry, don't really pay attention to petrol) at 156.9 yet you can go up Olsen Ave to Ashmore and at the Caltex there across from the Holden dealer it's 152.9. Literally a 5-10 min drive pending traffic.
Old 28-04-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Few weeks ago I saw a servo at 150.9 200metres away on the other side of the road another servo had 136.9.
I'm surprised there was actually cars at the more expensive one. People need to open their eyes.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
GreenR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is because some servo's are chain operated and some are independently owned. The independents set the price however they want.
GreenR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Spoke too soon..back up at 152 something tonight..
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2011, 09:17 PM   #6
Skotty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
Few weeks ago I saw a servo at 150.9 200metres away on the other side of the road another servo had 136.9.
I'm surprised there was actually cars at the more expensive one. People need to open their eyes.
Bah, I use to go to one of the servo's in adeliade that was always a little bit more, but that didn't bother me as they had fantastic customer service and well trained staff, when ts only a few cents it doesn't bother me much cause I get ****ed off too easily at incompetent people haha!
Skotty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post