Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 23-01-2006, 02:19 AM   #1
drugfooked
Banned

Default AU's are UGLY

is it just me or Was whoever designed the AU extremely drunk at the time? :togo:

Old 23-01-2006, 02:26 AM   #2
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

lol, you really are drug fooked, not that I disagree with ya but I think only the AU series 1 was ugly.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
Old 23-01-2006, 02:29 AM   #3
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Here we go again, this will get ugly.
Old 23-01-2006, 02:32 AM   #4
honer
Back to N/A land

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8
Here we go again, this will get ugly.
Is it too late for popcorn ?
Old 23-01-2006, 02:33 AM   #5
drugfooked
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by needfordspeed
lol, you really are drug fooked, not that I disagree with ya but I think only the AU series 1 was ugly.

Only the series 1?? they all look exactly the same.
Old 23-01-2006, 02:34 AM   #6
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugfooked
Only the series 1?? they all look exactly the same.
ummmmm no they dont.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
Old 23-01-2006, 02:40 AM   #7
Aeron
DJR Fan

Have a look in the "Show us ya AU" thread and you will find some hot looking examples.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Old 23-01-2006, 02:42 AM   #8
gmhdriver
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by needfordspeed
lol, you really are drug fooked
LOL that is a golden comment, but I'm sorry to say that I actually agree with him. While the AU2 was a slight improvement over the AU1, nothing could hide those dreadfully shaped and oversized headlights, the visually appaling rear and that ill designed egg shaped dash. And before you start flaming me, I would have the exact same opinion if the AU had a Holden badge on it.
Sorry guys but IMHO the AU was a complete styling disaster from bumper to bumper.
Old 23-01-2006, 02:44 AM   #9
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

I always disliked them untill I owned one,and then it grew on me.So I guess don't knock if you haven't tried.
Old 23-01-2006, 02:48 AM   #10
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloxbgt
I always disliked them untill I owned one,and then it grew on me.So I guess don't knock if you haven't tried.
Yeah my mum has an AU2 and my uncle has a AU1, the AU1 never grew on me, AU2 did, I actually forced them to buy it :P But I guess I can't really talk because I havn't personally owned one.

One of the worst and best looking falcons were in the AU range IMO, AU1 Forte being the worst and T3 TS50 being the best!
Old 23-01-2006, 02:49 AM   #11
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Actully if I think about it, this has got to be one of the worst threads ever. And now i'm posting in it for the 4th time.
Old 23-01-2006, 02:52 AM   #12
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Mine was an au1 forte,and admitidly these are the worst looking of the lot,but it still grew on me (after I dropped it on it's guts and put rims on it).Plus it was silver,I don't think the au1 forte grilles looked as bad on a silver car.
Old 23-01-2006, 03:03 AM   #13
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Had 2 AU XR6 sedans and 4 AU XR utes. I was never a fan of the interior, the cheap plastic dash. I think the XRs looked ok throughout the range. The Forte though, the original series 1, was fugly!! I took my dad to the opening launch of the AU. He took one look at the droopy rear end and said they won't sell.
Old 23-01-2006, 03:13 AM   #14
WIKIDSTIX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeh i agree that most au's are ugly.. im not a fan of xr twin head light front ends... i think the te/s 50 front ends were a big improvement.

id love to see an AU ute with a te/s front end. anyone ever seen one?
Old 23-01-2006, 03:14 AM   #15
Steffo
LPG > You

I've never understood why people think the AU is ugly.

If you want ugly vehicles... I could recommend some truley ugly stuff...

And yet at the same time, the Mercedes CLS, which looks FAR worse then any AU ever did... people love. Bit of badge going on there methinks.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Old 23-01-2006, 04:16 AM   #16
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

never did anything for me stock, but damn.... there are some hot ones out there...

But yes, that rear end ruined it.. I didnt mind the front..
- XB Coupe Project
Old 23-01-2006, 05:09 AM   #17
WIKIDSTIX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

speaking of AU's lol

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FRONT-BAR-BOD...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 23-01-2006, 05:35 AM   #18
gmhdriver
Banned

Pffft that thing is a friggin joke... They put a ridiculous bodykit on it but it's still sitting on taxi steel rims.
Old 23-01-2006, 06:16 AM   #19
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

That's why I went VT2 SS in 2001, I just couldn't stand the sight of an AU. The only good looking ones were the S3 TS and TE's IMO. They nailed the looks with the BA but the AU, oh my.
Old 23-01-2006, 06:48 AM   #20
I bleed ford
351 cubes of power

au1 was pretty damn bad but idid like the xr models..they looked sweet
Old 23-01-2006, 07:39 AM   #21
LTDHO
The one and only

I think the lights are too big. If you Photochop the lights to be smaller it would have been a more attractive car. I'd say this is why yhe BA got them!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 23-01-2006, 07:52 AM   #22
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

at the start i was never a massive fan off them, but they do grow on u. I reckon the shape is a bit out there thats why i like the shape.

Ummm yeh this thread could go on for ages, oh god, hahah this could be good.
Old 23-01-2006, 08:01 AM   #23
HOON69
Banned

i dunno but i look at a stocko and think meh its fugly etc then i look at my brother inlaws SRII SR WAGON and i dont mind it

i think kitted ones send a different vibe about em
i only like kitted,xr,t series AU's if its stock im not fussed on em..
Old 23-01-2006, 08:19 AM   #24
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugfooked
is it just me or Was whoever designed the AU extremely drunk at the time? :togo:
You know, I hate when something this topical comes up from a newbie, sort of makes you wonder what their motivation is. It's not uncommon for a member of LS1 to come here and start a flame war, and me thinks that this may indeed be the case.

I could say the same and plenty more about holden like HSV stands for Homo Sexual Vehicle, but that would be too simple. Instead I'd wish to highlight that any newcomer would surely have to learn that to gain ones credibility, they'd need to avoid starting contraversial posts that flamed one of the products owned by so many members of the forum.

This would be simple for most people to understand, however in this case clearly not. I guess somebody who makes light of their affiliation with drugs, is destined to make sweeping statements that indicate their supreme ignorance, or the probability that their mother and father are in fact brother and sister.

Quote: