Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 07-08-2005, 11:43 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Prang!! How much to fix ?

I was stopped at the lights today and an idiot reversed backwards into my FIESTA. Missed the headlight, luckily, but pushed in the right front corner of the bumper, where the black vent is. They left me their name, fone number and rego. BUT the fone number hasn't been theirs for 5 years!!!
I am hoping the car was theirs, I checked the number plate.
Can the dent be pushed out and bumper resprayed ? or does the whole bumper have to be replaced ?
If so, how much ?
This is in case my insurance cann't track them down.
Cheers

csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2005, 11:51 AM   #2
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you have a rego number insurance should be able to track then down. A name is even better.

Do you have pictures of the damages? I had my rear bumper and quarter panel fixed after a friend reversed into it and it cost $1300.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2005, 12:01 PM   #3
XA_GT351
Supreme Machine!

they use heat to push it out, then sand it smooth..will need repainting though.

1960 FB Holden Wagon, Yellow, 192, 4spd,

My XA Build-Up
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...&page=10&pp=25
XA_GT351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2005, 12:15 PM   #4
parawolf
beep beep

Seriously if you have information from the driver (confirmed with their licence) and the car rego - and they supplied you with a false phone number, then the insurance company isn't going to have a hard time tracking them down.

I was told back when I first got my licence that I should exchange licences and copy all information down (including stuff on the back), including the drivers licence number. And then car licence plates, and everything on the car rego sticker. Finally get their phone number, home and mobile. If they know it, ask for who their car is insured by, and if they have it on them their policy details (some company fleet cars require it to be carried in the car). If they have a mobile confirm it before leaving the scene.

This is all difficult to remember when you are full of adrenaline after a bump, however if you have all this written down as a checklist in the car you won't forget.

If they provide you with information then the Insurance company needs to do their best to find it, and get money out of them.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:12 PM   #5
Danny
GT4.

If its missed the headlight and its just pushed in then it will probably only cost about $350 bucks.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 11:35 AM   #6
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks guys, it just missed the headlight.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:08 PM   #7
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation

Got repair quote today
Parts $450. Labour $58. Paint $202. Environmental Waste Levy $3.00.
GST $71. @#%$#@
Front bumper is $376 unpainted.
Not as bad as expected.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:41 PM   #8
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

far out thats alota cash... did the guy that backed into you cover the cost
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 11:32 AM   #9
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No. Gave me wrong fone number. Insurance cann't get the address from rego, as its now under the PRIVACY ACT !!! I have to pay $18.40 and request info from Dept of Transport, ,with a Stat Dec, even then they can still refuse and I don't get the $18.40 back. My excess is $350 and NCB is protected. Chalk it up to lifes experiences. Unless you stand over and threaten someone, how do you get the info???
Old 12-08-2005, 12:01 PM   #10
EA2BA
PM me if you want

You are not at fault, so shouldnt the insurance company get the money from the other guy, put simply, get the driver licence number and confirm details, else as you said live and learn.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 10:14 PM   #11
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not anymore, under the Privacy if you don't have the address, you have to request the info under the provisions of the Privacy Act. If the person at the accident won't give you their address, TOUGH. Getting rego no longer helps. Life sucks!!!! :
Old 12-08-2005, 11:18 PM   #12
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Not anymore, under the Privacy if you don't have the address, you have to request the info under the provisions of the Privacy Act. If the person at the accident won't give you their address, TOUGH. Getting rego no longer helps. Life sucks!!!! :
Why are you doing the Insurance Company's work for them? They have people whose job it is to find the other driver based on the info you give them (i.e. rego etc). If they tell you you have to do the running around I would refuse because that is their role - not yours.