Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-02-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Default Rubbish Neighbours

Might sounds like I'm just a whinger but so be it.

Is there anything you can do to quieten down a party in the middle of the day on a Sunday?

Yobbos at the back are blasting music full bore and swearing loudly etc etc.

Cause its not night time can you complain? I've got little kids who can hear these people swearing their nut off and they can have their sleeps during the day cause the music is thumping etc.

I don't see the point going round to ask them politely as they are at the agro drunk stage by the sounds coming from the back and it would be first contact with them from me and I don't want it to be a whinge as that is what will stick in their mind "the whinging bloke behind us". They are already to me "the bogan yobbo drunk idiots with no regard for anyone else"

Old 08-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Just call the cops mate, no names need to be mentioned when they knock on the neighbours door
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2009, 09:10 PM   #3
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

But can they do anything seeing as its not past the noise curfew. I don't think they are doing anything legally wrong they are just inconsiderate. But its all the bloody time.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:15 PM   #4
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

where do ya live (Suburb)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2009, 09:15 PM   #5
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

http://www.dec.wa.gov.au/pollution-p...nts-in-wa.html

http://www.dec.wa.gov.au/pollution-p...omplaints.html

They aren't doing anything wrong according to those links. I guess I have to go over and try and be nice about it.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #6
GUTLES
Adam.

A mate of mine copped a $550 fine on a Sunday afternoon from having a party, if the cops knock on your door twice in one day due to too much noise ya cop the $550 fine.

I remembered this when I had two P Plater girls move in across the road & started with the music & parties any time of the day..

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2009, 10:04 PM   #7
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

I think Victoria has different rules.
I'll go round and talk to them when they are not drunk. (small window of oppertunity there).
Old 08-02-2009, 10:07 PM   #8
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTLES
I remembered this when I had two P Plater girls move in across the road & started with the music & parties any time of the day..
If that was me i'd be developing a taste for cruisers and whatever crap music p plater girls listen too these days but maybe i'm just a sick bastard.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2009, 10:11 PM   #9
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wouldn't go around there, if on another occassion you call the Police they'll know where it came from and then you'll cop grief.
Go for a late night walk and drop a polite unsigned letter in their letterbox.
If that doesn't work then try a different tact but don't go around there, how many times in Perth in the last 12 months has someone been killed over a disturbance, let sleeping dogs lie, complain to Police, rangers, local council and if it's rented, try and find the agent and complain.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:56 PM   #10
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Good point jaydee. The way society is going he might find payback. I'll try the anonamous letter.

Otherwise I have to wait until 10pm for me to call the police.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:09 PM   #11
escapin

and??
still noisy?
sorry not 10pm there yet

Last edited by 97liberty; 08-02-2009 at 11:15 PM. Reason: didnt realise ur in perth
escapin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2009, 11:11 PM   #12
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the cops can still do stuff as its disturbing the peace etc.. and the bad mouth is public nuisance(spelling)

worst you can do is ring the cop shop(use the direct number NOT 000) and have a chat.. the least they can do is say no
Old 08-02-2009, 11:14 PM   #13
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

I think head over there. I think most people understand you dont want swearing around young kids, I doubt you can expect much on the noise front, but they might be responsive to this. I swear like a sailor but can appreciate keeping it down around kids.
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2009, 11:16 PM   #14
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Give the police a call anyway

explain the situation and they'll say if they will send someone over or not
Old 08-02-2009, 11:28 PM   #15
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

we tried to approach out neighbours.. ended up with eggs all over my car and potatos up my exhaust....

you cant expect ALL people to be normal...(police said it to me about our neighbours after reporting it to them etc)
needless to say.. after many more police calls later.. the problem girl was ejected from the hosue and the original resident still lives there but we dont even hear her
Old 09-02-2009, 01:16 AM   #16
Windsor220
Now Fordless

We had a case of noisy neighbours at my mums place a couple of years ago. Would be noisy during the day and constant parties/noise during the night. Council gave us a recorder to measure the level of sound inside our home and got us to record for a week. The results showed they were over the acceptable limits and they recieved a fine. Didnt hear much after that. Never knew it was us either.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2009, 01:43 AM   #17
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ring the cops, tell them the situation.

They will let you know what they can do and what you can do, chances are if you dont like it, some of your other neighbours wont either.

one warning and they will ease up.

Wouldnt happen to be in Ellenbrook by anychance?

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.

Last edited by schnoods; 09-02-2009 at 01:54 AM.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #18
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

How did you go mate?? did you ring the police??
Old 09-02-2009, 08:15 PM   #19
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

No I didn't ring the police or security. I am however at my wits end and the very next time it happens I'll contact them immediately. And I'll just keep calling if they keep up the noise.
That bloody party went way past midnight. I get the feeling these people won lotto and don't work ever. I mean who parties all night sunday night and goes to work on a Monday?
Old 09-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #20
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've had neighbours play some middle eastern music loud. Actually they are not even my immediate neighbours. Now there's a unit in front of mine, a main road, another house or 2 to these people and yet I can still hear it in my house. When it does happen - I don't know what would happen even if I just went over to find out which house exactly it is coming from, but it's pretty clear that the music is not just a bit loud.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2009, 11:48 PM   #21
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
I've had neighbours play some middle eastern music loud...

: call the terrorist hotline.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 12:14 AM   #22
GUTLES
Adam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowEL2XR8
No I didn't ring the police or security. I am however at my wits end and the very next time it happens I'll contact them immediately. And I'll just keep calling if they keep up the noise.
That bloody party went way past midnight. I get the feeling these people won lotto and don't work ever. I mean who parties all night sunday night and goes to work on a Monday?
Mate thats nothing compared to what I copped in the first two weeks of those young girls moving in across the road as I said earlier in the thread, one friday night they we're still partying when I left for work @ 7am the next morning.

Every weekend after they we're partying I'd be out as early as I could mowing the lawn (taking lots of time to whipper snip & even used the blower when I normally wouldn't bother).

Copped alot of smart **** remarks from the male friends, stole there fuses a few times & I think they got a few fines from the cops!

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 12:24 AM   #23
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Is there anything you can do to quieten down a party in the middle of the day on a Sunday?

Cause its not night time can you complain? I've got little kids who can hear these people swearing their nut off and they can have their sleeps during the day cause the music is thumping etc.

I don't see the point going round to ask them politely as they are at the agro drunk stage by the sounds coming from the back and it would be first contact with them from me and I don't want it to be a whinge as that is what will stick in their mind "the whinging bloke behind us". They are already to me "the bogan yobbo drunk idiots with no regard for anyone else"
call the cops

if nothing gets done rent the biggest sppeakers you can find and wedge them on the fence and at 8.30 EVERY morning crank them.

within 3 days they will tone it down.

if not........hire goons...................for a brief chat....

i did that once. next door were just animals, swearing all day, bottles would end up on my lawn etc etc. got some nice mates i knew to pop round and say hi. nothing broken, but when you see 8 dudes on harleys rock up and knock on your door and tell you to "shut the up" worked pretty quickly...only cost 2 cartons lol
ltd_on20s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 12:45 AM   #24
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
If that was me i'd be developing a taste for cruisers and whatever crap music p plater girls listen too these days but maybe i'm just a sick bastard.
if that was me , i'd by a dozen TEE SHIRTS , with logos on the back and front saying desperate sugar daddy. but hey better to be friends with your neighbours then a grumpy old F%#$*.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 08:32 PM   #25
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTLES
Every weekend after they we're partying I'd be out as early as I could mowing the lawn (taking lots of time to whipper snip & even used the blower when I normally wouldn't bother).

Copped alot of smart **** remarks from the male friends, stole there fuses a few times & I think they got a few fines from the cops!
When they start making comments - that's when you give it some more revs and hold a hand to your ear - "What's that, I can't hear you!"

Taking the fuses is a good idea in the case of serial offenders who show no regard for their neighbours - as long as you don't get busted taking them.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Old 10-02-2009, 08:41 PM   #26
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
: call the terrorist hotline.
Well they are terrorising me with their crap music. It is tempting to reply with perhaps Slayer for example at high volume, but there are innocent parties between them and me. My neighbours don't hear much from me as even if I do turn it up I think of how much is audible from outside. Most of my music in the house is played from my PC speakers, so it's not loud enough to intrude into other houses as I'm sitting right in front of the speakers.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Old 10-02-2009, 08:53 PM   #27
Busted

When they fall down drunk & go to sleep go around and pull all the fueses out of the meter box.
No hot water
No fresh food
No Aircon.

Ps Keep the fueses so they have to go and find some.
May not shut them up for good but you will feal better.
When I did it to the young bloke across from me it made me feel better.
Busted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 10:48 PM   #28
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dont talk to them it is pointless call the police talk to other neighbours get them to call the police in qld the police can tell you to turn down your music at anytime of the day.
If you see them taking drugs call crimestoppers.
We had exactly the same thing I was the only person who would try to reason with the losers in the street a pointless waste of time .They have all the rights no responsibilities and do not care about anyone else.

They will end up trying to fight you and you will get the gbh charge as it will be made out that you went over and attacked them when you go to talk about the noise.

If they come knocking and ask if you called the police calmly tell them that you dont want the police around as it brings back memories of being in prison
then offer them some paperwork from the mormons and ask them if they would like to come to church say that sometimes with all the noise they make you cant do your bible study and are starting to have flash backs and its hard to pray for their souls.
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2009, 12:21 AM   #29
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

also try going down the real estate agent and see if they have it on listing as a rental(let your fingers do the walking if you dont feel like driving all over town)
if you can get a few neighbours to sign a petition or put n their own letters you can get them evicted
Old 11-02-2009, 01:07 AM   #30
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

You have a right to reasonable expectation to quality of life as defined in the local council rules , if the behaviour is offensive or simply to loud call the police , they wont say who you are ... ring again if it happens as it's all logged...
Personally I had problems with the young bloke over the back and his parties.. we chatted and it stopped but I had leverage (sniff sniff) mmm burning stuff .
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post