Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-01-2007, 10:34 AM   #1
mattri

Default Unmarked cop car in castle hill area

Was driving up near intune on Thursday night and this Dark grey BF Xr8 with a stripe kit came flying up my ***. I thought ahhhhhhhhhhhh he wants a race. Then the next thing i know a guy pulls up next to me in a really nice (i hate to say it VZ Clubsport) and starts shaking his head and mouthing the words cop cop dont do it. I then look up in the rear view mirror and i look closer to the car then i see all the police gear in the car behind me. If it wasnt for the guy in tyhe commodore i would of raced off and got booked.

Thenpoint to this is look closly to these cars as cops will do anything. The funny thing is that i thought tinting your front wondow was illegal, so how come unmarked cop cars have it done, cause this BF ertaoinly had DARK TINT on every window including the front one.

mattri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 11:15 AM   #2
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There above the law and can do what ever they want. bastards

Performance mods: SL's(front) and leveled at the back, Front 30mm whiteline sway bar, 4" dump, 4" cat, 3.5" exhaust split to Dual 2.5" with quad tips, Plazmaman stage 1 polished intercooler and piping kit, 60lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, upgraded actuator, GFB BOV, K&N panel filter

Mods for show: 19" black Speedy Inferno rims, MTX 5x7's front and rear, 2x Kenwood 4ch amps, 3x Kenwood 10" subs, chrome fuse box cover
I FluXx I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 11:26 AM   #3
TURBOBF

I was speaking to someone in the tinting industry he works in NSW country area the cops come to him all the time to get there front windows tinted in there cars.5% tint i think he said. When the rest of the car is done at 20% the front window looks even darker.
Old 13-01-2007, 12:50 PM   #4
GTP-814
love the quad cams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattri
Was driving up near intune on Thursday night and this Dark grey BF Xr8 with a stripe kit came flying up my ***. I thought ahhhhhhhhhhhh he wants a race. Then the next thing i know a guy pulls up next to me in a really nice (i hate to say it VZ Clubsport) and starts shaking his head and mouthing the words cop cop dont do it. I then look up in the rear view mirror and i look closer to the car then i see all the police gear in the car behind me. If it wasnt for the guy in tyhe commodore i would of raced off and got booked.

Thenpoint to this is look closly to these cars as cops will do anything. The funny thing is that i thought tinting your front wondow was illegal, so how come unmarked cop cars have it done, cause this BF ertaoinly had DARK TINT on every window including the front one.
I've seen the same car driving out of castle hill police station carpark, the exhaust has been modded as well, so who knows what else may bave been done? Definately didnt sound normal
GTP-814 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 01:17 PM   #5
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I FluXx I
There above the law and can do what ever they want. bastards
No there not and are scrutinised more than most in the comunity. Bastards because they were in an unmarked car? Because they got you for speeding once? Good on you for that attitude :

Give this thread till end of day!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 01:22 PM   #6
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

NSW Police are now using stripes and very dark tint... Mongruels IMO

However, if you are silly enough to not check the obvious dash and rear parcel cameras, then more fool you...

Most guys won't resort to these tactics, it;s usually the younger ones, or ones out to prove themselves....

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 02:20 PM   #7
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
No there not and are scrutinised more than most in the comunity. Bastards because they were in an unmarked car? Because they got you for speeding once? Good on you for that attitude :

I dont think they are scrutinised at all in this case,ie: relevant ADR's that apply here.Most would be defected for the same thing,is there a special dispensation for a police car?
I dont know if there is,but if there was,should there be?
This is the rub IMO,the hipocrisy of defecting one and not the other,this is what is seen as "above the law" or one rule for them one rule for us..
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 02:28 PM   #8
335JET
@jas_23_

im always in that area, i'll keep an eye out.
Funny you mention he had a GT strip kit cause when i was at Bathurst last year doing laps in my dads XC, there was a white BA XR8 with black GT stripes, i gave him a yave then realised it was an unmarked cop.
335JET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 02:32 PM   #9
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

Yer they been doing it for a while theres a cop in earlwood are had a mk1 ba xr8 white with blue stripes but now has a white bf no stripes but i know his number plate so i can spot him from a mile away hes tried to egg me on to race a few times.
i got pulled over by a grey xr8 on m4 the other week. you can spot em a mile away i knew he was a cop i was doing 100 when i saw him i slowed to 90 (p plate limit) and no drama antennas are a dead give away as is super dark tints.
ive seen a blue magna pull over people as well unmarked and mates have seen a magna with p plates as an undercover too.

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 02:35 PM   #10
joe260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ive seen cops around my area in wrx's xr8 utes even vl's any done up car so they trick people into racing them then fining them...
joe260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 02:48 PM   #11
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

that happened to me except it was a VZ, i thought i was good, brake testing him (young and stupid)... got pulled over for it too.i do not recommend it, just slow down so they get ****ed off and drive around you

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 03:05 PM   #12
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger
Yer they been doing it for a while theres a cop in earlwood are had a mk1 ba xr8 white with blue stripes but now has a white bf no stripes but i know his number plate so i can spot him from a mile away hes tried to egg me on to race a few times.
i got pulled over by a grey xr8 on m4 the other week. you can spot em a mile away i knew he was a cop i was doing 100 when i saw him i slowed to 90 (p plate limit) and no drama antennas are a dead give away as is super dark tints.
ive seen a blue magna pull over people as well unmarked and mates have seen a magna with p plates as an undercover too.
Ive seen a dark blue one around lately cruising around the same area,driver pulled up outside oporto on Homer street,got out and got a feed,he did'nt even pay,the manager was sucking up big time.
I havent seen it in the last two weeks though,may have moved on?
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 03:08 PM   #13
dannyxm
was danny888

Not to out of the ordinary, but ive seen a hothouse green? (That nice light metallic green the VZs came out with) Commodore ss undercover geting around campbelltown / Liverpool area. Got a nice set of chromies as well.
Cant help but get paraniod when you see a nice new ss or XR now lol.

There is also a white XR8 round there with black stripes on it too

Bit of topic but i havent seen a VE Commadore cop car yet
dannyxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 04:36 PM   #14
fmc351
let it burn

Bwahahahahahah!!!!!
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 04:39 PM   #15
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Keep an eye out for Mitsubishi 380 unmarked as well, saw him taking to a guy on the side of the road with lights flashing on the front dash
Uncle Ken
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 05:21 PM   #16
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Theres a lightening strike XR8 with orange stripes and BA GT front bar in the Campbelltown area,as well as a mercury silver XR6 turbo. Also a lightening strike BF XT unmarked except for the blue an red lights on the dash,which are very hard to see because of the tint on the windscreen.When he wants to pull you over he puts the blue light on the roof.Then gets out of the car in plain clothes,and they say they aren't revenue raising! yeah right! He pulled me over to do a breath test.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 06:08 PM   #17
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau

I dont know about over there mate, but in WA the cops are above the law. I you going to say that you havnt seen a cop speeding even if it is 5-km/h over the limit. Your going to tell me you havnt seen a cop use his EMERGENCY LIGHTS to get around traffic. If they can do that without any penaltys, they are above the law. And dont go and tell me that he is allowed to speed to do his job. Because chance are if there was an emergency, he would have been doing a bit more than 10km/h over. I got pulled over for doing a U turn. After the cop fined me and told me I had a grandmas car, he drove off talking on his mobile.

Im going to stop now so this thread dosnt get closed.

Performance mods: SL's(front) and leveled at the back, Front 30mm whiteline sway bar, 4" dump, 4" cat, 3.5" exhaust split to Dual 2.5" with quad tips, Plazmaman stage 1 polished intercooler and piping kit, 60lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, upgraded actuator, GFB BOV, K&N panel filter

Mods for show: 19" black Speedy Inferno rims, MTX 5x7's front and rear, 2x Kenwood 4ch amps, 3x Kenwood 10" subs, chrome fuse box cover
I FluXx I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 06:24 PM   #18
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Your going to tell me you havnt seen a cop use his EMERGENCY LIGHTS to get around traffic.

hehe saw that a couple of years ago on the way home from erina one night on the entrance road, a paddy wagon sitting behind me for about 5k's then puts the lights on, i pull over and they went passed me and pulled into the service station to get a coke. not fair :
SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 06:30 PM   #19
HLC
Audi S3

seen that one out in the Mt. Druitt/Minchinbury area, unless thats another mercury silver xr with stripes...
Old 13-01-2007, 06:34 PM   #20
HLC
Audi S3

also seen a lighting strike with orange stripes around blacktown area.

seen a blueprint xr with orange stripes in parramatta/villawood area.

seen white xr's with black stripes.

seen a burgundy speed camera wagon. white wagons too.

they are bloody everywhere.

also blue and red MARKED SS's
Old 13-01-2007, 06:44 PM   #21
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
Ive seen a dark blue one around lately cruising around the same area,driver pulled up outside oporto on Homer street,got out and got a feed,he did'nt even pay,the manager was sucking up big time.
I havent seen it in the last two weeks though,may have moved on?

Lol havent seen that one. Drive down the lane near the cop stn next to the pub and all the cop cars parked in the back and you can see exactly whats in the area.

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 07:04 PM   #22
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can cops entice you to race and then book you after? I thought that was entrapment or something...
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 07:25 PM   #23
335JET
@jas_23_

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30487256
Can cops entice you to race and then book you after? I thought that was entrapment or something...
exactly, thats what i think-however there will be a few people here that will disagree.
335JET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 07:30 PM   #24
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

I only thought police can only get you for entrapment in the states, not australia!

maybe one of the officers can responde with the correct answer :P
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 07:50 PM   #25
Matthew
AU2 (Oo===oO) XR6

So what ever you do dont race a xr8 with stripes because its probaly a cop :voldar02:
Cops do anything to take your money im sure this trick worked with alot of people very sneaky :dr_Evil: but never seen them only normal falcons.
Old 13-01-2007, 07:51 PM   #26
SlikedTurb

so being in a nice hotted up car is entrapment????
i don't understand!
no-one is forcing you to race him.
if you want to break the law and get caught, that is your problem!! the more of you people that get caught doing the wrong thing, the Better. hopefully you will soon learn that the police aren't as predictable as you once thought and you will learn that ANY car on the road COULD be a cop car and that it's not worth the risk.
same principal applies to speed cameras. we need more random, hidden ones

Rant over.
SlikedTurb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 07:53 PM   #27
SlikedTurb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew
So what ever you do dont race a xr8 with stripes because its probaly a cop :voldar02:
so it's already working?
GREAT!
SlikedTurb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 07:57 PM   #28
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whether it is entrapment or not, I still wouldn't race any XR8 unless my car could beat it (which it can't even it modified form :()
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 08:05 PM   #29
Tech Trainer
Are you sure about that?

This cracks me up!

You winge and whine about the cops and their tactics.

Then when someone damages your car or even steals it. Who are the first people you call? The Cops!

They are just doing their job to the best of their abiliity and attempting to make our roads safe.

I say good luck to them.
Tech Trainer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 08:15 PM   #30
5.4 GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A real efficient allocation of taxpayers money to go spend it on chrome wheels, modded exhaust, illegal front window tint etc. The cops should stop playing silly buggers and get more marked cop cars out there. These days you hardly ever see them. When we drove to QLD we saw 2 cars on the whole journey up there (including an unmarked one) and 3 on the way back (including the same unmarked one that we saw patrolling the same stretch of road as before). Alot of motorists that have no interest in cars what-so-ever would be totally oblivious to the usage of unmarked police cars on our road. Police need to be seen again with more marked patrol cars.
2011 Audi A4 2.7 TDI - gone
2012 Audi A5 3.0 Quattro Coupe - gone
2007 FPV GT - gone
1996 EFII Fairmont Ghia - gone
5.4 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post