Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-01-2007, 07:14 PM   #1
scottc

Smile Funny car insurance story......sort of.

My wife had a car accident this afternoon, she ran up the backside of a commodore. She rang me in tears etc. and then asked me who we are insured with. I couldnt remember off the top of my head, I just remembered it was a Queensland mob.

Anyway I dug out the policy, and then I remembered it was through one of the forum members, I think A1 Car brokers, managing agent Insurers Hotline, which is underwritten by Auto and General. I tried ringing the claims number, but they had closed, accident was around 3.00pm today, they closed 2.00pm.
How handy is that? I just assumed all insurance companies would have some kind of 24hour help line.......

So I managed to drive the car into a side st, and have left it there, until I can ring someone Monday morning.

At least it has taught me a lesson about getting what you pay for.

scottc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 09:01 PM   #2
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get it towed somewhere. Insurance will reimburse your tow as part of the claim. I wouldnt be leaving my damaged car on the side of the road all weekend
schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 10:13 PM   #3
peterban
AULTD

We had an accident down near Torquay New Years Day a couple of years ago. All the other cars were drivable except ours so we were just left on the side of the road.
Insured with Allianze who have a 24 hour emergency number ( had to ring home to get the number ).
They organised everything and tow truck turned up.
You can also claim for the cost of a taxi to get you home
peterban is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 10:41 PM   #4
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Call Budget Direct, its the same insurer, Insurance Hotline is just the Parent Company

You should have your policy number and that's all you will need to make a claim direct

Here is the contact details:-

As a Budget Direct customer, you also have the freedom to nominate a repairer of your choice.

To make a car insurance claim, simply call 1300 139 591 with your claim details and our friendly customer service staff will guide you through the process.

Fast Over-the-Phone Claims Service
Call 1300 139 591

And with regards to your comment you pay for what you get - they have choice of repairer which is better than most direct insurers so you are actually have a very good policy

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2007, 03:14 AM   #5
scottc

Cheers for that Drhemi.

Wonder if that is a 24/7 day number? Will give it a try tomorrow.

It's just a bit poor, when on the policy and all the other paperwork, there is no after hour support, and no mention of what to do if you have an accident after 2.00pm on a Sat arvo!

Thanks again, will try Sunday morning.
Old 14-01-2007, 05:46 PM   #6
scottc

I tried the number for Budget Direct, and the friendly customer service staff was another answering machine telling me that they are only open until 2.00pm Saturdays, and to ring back Monday.

If you are insured with them just make sure you don't have an accident outside of buisness hours!
Old 14-01-2007, 07:31 PM   #7
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Even so, if you show the tow company you are insured, ie show them documented evidence of comprhensive insurance, they "should" by all rights be happy enough to bill the insurance company. By The way $244.50 in Qld is the correct rate to charge for a smash tow under the towing act.