Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 15-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #301
prasac
Banned

Default Re: TRP Racing Ford Falcon XR6T runs 9.1@159mph, update 8.48@165mph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
I like how its my fault hahah Joe was in a hurry and not happy about the car poping that did it from memory. I blame Paulie for my red light the dramatic resuce earlier had me to pumped up

I meant i will be at Jambo, I got my own lawns to mow they should just buy a slasher and pull it behind a 8 second car will have it all sorted in mins not hours. I would go help but its a bit of drive.
yeah was some issue. seems of late it's picking up some niggling problem every meet or 2. runs good for a few meets then something happens. it's unusual in the 22 years he has raced the car has only once ever had to be towed from the track. even driving on the streets i think just once it broke down broke a fan belt.

hopefully at Jambo all 3 of us can have a safe, trouble free meet.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #302
CYC06T

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
yeah was some issue. seems of late it's picking up some niggling problem every meet or 2. runs good for a few meets then something happens. it's unusual in the 22 years he has raced the car has only once ever had to be towed from the track. even driving on the streets i think just once it broke down broke a fan belt.

hopefully at Jambo all 3 of us can have a safe, trouble free meet.
Thats definitely the plan!
Old 16-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #303
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 

Thats the plan Stan! Although I havent done a pass since Nov everytime I start to drive up it rains out.
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #304
prasac
Banned

i was talking to Spiro today, he was saying Daniel will be out with the DLM Falcon tomorrow, just setup runs for a couple meets while he gets back into the swing of things.

he hopes both u n Daniel have safe trouble free passes
Old 17-03-2012, 12:15 AM   #305
xf84
CAN roadtrip!!

Man, that is very impressive!!
The Cruiser - '73 XB Fairmont Coupe - 351 Clevo, C10, XC 9".
xf84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #306
prasac
Banned

hey Phil, how'd u go on Saturday mate?
Old 18-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #307
CYC06T

Quote:
hey Phil, how'd u go on Saturday mate?
The short answer is not very good. The weather caused a very late start and when I finally got a pass I dropped some water in the burnout from a slightly full overflow bottle. Had to take it back to the pits to sort out. Next pass it seemed there was a slight leak in the CO2 bottle and it lost boost at launch. Next pass it didn't even come up on the trans brake before it lost boost. Sounds like a split hose or perhaps a computer issue. Will do some checking in the next week or so and sort it out for Jambo.

I was pretty bummed yesterday as it was a long day for little return, but I learnt a few new things and I they were important leanings so I will focus on the positives. There was lengthy delays with the accident that Rocco was in. It was 2 cars in front of me so we had a wait of about an hour and a half. At least it looks like he was ok.

Onwards and upwards.....
Old 19-03-2012, 02:22 AM   #308
allmtr

Keep at it, mate. Awesome work so far!
allmtr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #309
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYC06T
The short answer is not very good. The weather caused a very late start and when I finally got a pass I dropped some water in the burnout from a slightly full overflow bottle. Had to take it back to the pits to sort out. Next pass it seemed there was a slight leak in the CO2 bottle and it lost boost at launch. Next pass it didn't even come up on the trans brake before it lost boost. Sounds like a split hose or perhaps a computer issue. Will do some checking in the next week or so and sort it out for Jambo.

I was pretty bummed yesterday as it was a long day for little return, but I learnt a few new things and I they were important leanings so I will focus on the positives. There was lengthy delays with the accident that Rocco was in. It was 2 cars in front of me so we had a wait of about an hour and a half. At least it looks like he was ok.

Onwards and upwards.....
the worst is when you go out expecting to run good, we have went out alot of times hoping to run a PB and either the car or the track is not there. now we just go out hoping all is good, if it runs a number excellent

it's always a learning curve, you pick something up each meet. don't get too disheartened there are guys with alot more experience, knowledge and $'s that have trouble getting it right, sometimes things just happen no matter how hard you try and have everything as sorted as you can.

i heard yesterday about Rocco's accident. he should be ok.
Old 19-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #310
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 

What are you using for the overflow bottle? can you fit a second overflow bottle to catch it if it over fills again? Thats what I did for mine.

Whats do you use the CO2 I assuming cooling the intercooler but I am not sure how that effects boost etc.

Good luck hope you have all sorted and get some good runs in looking forward to seeing it at jambo
Old 19-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #311
prasac
Banned

Quote:
What are you using for the overflow bottle? can you fit a second overflow bottle to catch it if it over fills again? Thats what I did for mine.

Whats do you use the CO2 I assuming cooling the intercooler but I am not sure how that effects boost etc.

Good luck hope you have all sorted and get some good runs in looking forward to seeing it at jambo
the co2 would be for the boost controller. Phil uses the awesome AMS1000 which controls boost pressure thru the wastegates using c02 instead of springs/solenoids etc.

if you fill up an overflow bottle or catch can then you have a serious problem best position for one would be behind the rear wheels at high speeds you don't want any type of fluid getting under your wheels. people see a R2D2 looking thing on the back of mine, it's actually not R2 its my catch can, it's about 6L if it fills up it dumps behind my back wheels i have water, oil, tranny fluid everything running to mine, it's about 6L i think.

Old 20-03-2012, 11:43 PM   #312
CYC06T

Quote:
the co2 would be for the boost controller. Phil uses the awesome AMS1000 which controls boost pressure thru the wastegates using c02 instead of springs/solenoids etc.

if you fill up an overflow bottle or catch can then you have a serious problem best position for one would be behind the rear wheels at high speeds you don't want any type of fluid getting under your wheels. people see a R2D2 looking thing on the back of mine, it's actually not R2 its my catch can, it's about 6L if it fills up it dumps behind my back wheels i have water, oil, tranny fluid everything running to mine, it's about 6L i think.

Yeah any fluid is a bad thing. I have an expansion bottle and an overflow bottle. We find the car uses a fair bit of water, so it gets topped up between runs. I just overfilled it a bit and when one of my pit crew emptied it, water ran along the chassis rail and we didnt want to risk any water leaking out during the run so we went back to the pits to sort out. No biggie, just a pain in the butt.

Yep - CO2 to control boost pressure. We really need to get the two-step working, so will play with that between now and jambo maybe.
Old 21-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #313
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Paulies one looks like a mini keg that we could use your CO2 to cool and enjoy! lol.

Paulie does a good two step just watch out for your toes.

Damn I am keen as to get some passes in can't wait.
Old 21-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #314
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Paulies one looks like a mini keg that we could use your CO2 to cool and enjoy! lol.

Paulie does a good two step just watch out for your toes.

Damn I am keen as to get some passes in can't wait.
fill her up with JD will be better

this weekend is going to go off, i think it will be a big meet. WSID, ANDRA and alot of other people been promoting the hell out of it. hope it pays off.

can't wait till Jambo, it's always huge. track last year was very well prepped.
Old 30-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #315
CYC06T

So no Jambo for me......found out the problem from last meeting seems to have broken converter. It must have sustained some damage from when the flex plate broke. We don't have enough time to get it sorted so my meet is over before it began. Bummer!!
Old 30-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #316
prasac
Banned

Quote:
So no Jambo for me......found out the problem from last meeting seems to have broken converter. It must have sustained some damage from when the flex plate broke. We don't have enough time to get it sorted so my meet is over before it began. Bummer!!
that sucks to hear, would have been good to see the car out there. hopefully you get it fixed up soon and she comes back bigger and better than ever now u can go a good yank converter give PTC a call i reckon they could you boosting up without the NOS
Old 30-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #317
allmtr

Spewing, was looking forward to seeing it run again :(
allmtr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #318
CYC06T

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmtr
Spewing, was looking forward to seeing it run again :(
Yeah you and me both! Hopefully it won't be long before we are back out again. Will be interesting to see just how damaged the converter is. Hopefully its not too bad.

On a brighter note - I went and saw Pete at Elf trailers down at Ingelburn and ordered me a sweet new trailer. Highly recommended and can't wait to get the trailer in the next 3-4 weeks. Having my own trailer is the last piece of my racing puzzle. I will now be self sufficient and that was an important milestone for me to get to. Can't wait!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #319
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Yeah you and me both! Hopefully it won't be long before we are back out again. Will be interesting to see just how damaged the converter is. Hopefully its not too bad.

On a brighter note - I went and saw Pete at Elf trailers down at Ingelburn and ordered me a sweet new trailer. Highly recommended and can't wait to get the trailer in the next 3-4 weeks. Having my own trailer is the last piece of my racing puzzle. I will now be self sufficient and that was an important milestone for me to get to. Can't wait!!!
im going to have to look into a trailer myself. didn't make a spot for it in the budget enclosed or open?

when u get it throw a few pics up.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #320
CYC06T

Quote:
im going to have to look into a trailer myself. didn't make a spot for it in the budget enclosed or open?

when u get it throw a few pics up.
Yeah I didnt really have a budget initially either, so have gone for an open trailer. I was looking for something under $5K if possible - to get started.

Style of trailer is below. It features a hydraulic lift with short ramps and under carriage storage. Also has electric brakes and electric winch mounts.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #321
prasac
Banned

looks nice n sturdy for the big beast of a car
Old 03-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #322
CYC06T

Quote:
looks nice n sturdy for the big beast of a car
Very true - fairly simple and effective. Just what I was after. Cost effective enough that I still have some resources for the car.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #323
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Very true - fairly simple and effective. Just what I was after. Cost effective enough that I still have some resources for the car.
Mate, all it has to do is get it to the track, looks more than enough!!

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #324
prasac
Banned

Quote:
like Bluepower said if it gets you to the track, that's all you need. you going to be towing with it up to Jambo/interstate etc? sometimes there is some good deals happening a few of the guys get together and chip in, works out like $500-$600 a car there and back. all enclosed so can't get damaged.

got my turbo's for my car from DLM yesterday, you know you want to go Precision

you gonna run at the APSA event in May? you can race in PSB (Pro Street Blown) be good to see your car there. might attract a few more newer style/engined cars to come and race.

Last edited by prasac; 04-04-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #325
CYC06T

Quote:
like Bluepower said if it gets you to the track, that's all you need. you going to be towing with it up to Jambo/interstate etc? sometimes there is some good deals happening a few of the guys get together and chip in, works out like $500-$600 a car there and back. all enclosed so can't get damaged.

got my turbo's for my car from DLM yesterday, you know you want to go Precision

you gonna run at the APSA event in May? you can race in PSB (Pro Street Blown) be good to see your car there. might attract a few more newer style/engined cars to come and race.

Turbos look sweet - congratulations! Can't wait to see your car out and racing!

Not sure about the event in May. I am hoping to be back out at he test n tune on the 28th of April. Converter has been sent off to be be looked at and the box will have to be pulled down and cleaned as some fine metal went into it from the converter. Let's hope it only needs cleaning and doesn't have any damage!!!

Hopefully we can still get it back on the dyno for a little more love before coming back out. I am keen on getting the two step sorted before we come back out so that I can get some more practice racing the tree.

Perhaps I will flick Spiro a message. I haven't actually done that yet....
Old 07-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #326
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Turbos look sweet - congratulations! Can't wait to see your car out and racing!

Not sure about the event in May. I am hoping to be back out at he test n tune on the 28th of April. Converter has been sent off to be be looked at and the box will have to be pulled down and cleaned as some fine metal went into it from the converter. Let's hope it only needs cleaning and doesn't have any damage!!!

Hopefully we can still get it back on the dyno for a little more love before coming back out. I am keen on getting the two step sorted before we come back out so that I can get some more practice racing the tree.

Perhaps I will flick Spiro a message. I haven't actually done that yet....
thanks mate, can't wait the butterflies are starting.

definitely shoot him a message, he is a nice guy very friendly and helpful.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #327
CYC06T

Quote:
thanks mate, can't wait the butterflies are starting.

definitely shoot him a message, he is a nice guy very friendly and helpful.
Yeah flicked off an email to him through the website yesterday. I thought it would be a good idea to at least start the conversation. I am pretty realistic about these sorts of things, but I agree, it's at least worth having a go.

Will see what happens from here.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #328
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Goodluck you started the ball rolling who knows where it will end up!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #329
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Yeah flicked off an email to him through the website yesterday. I thought it would be a good idea to at least start the conversation. I am pretty realistic about these sorts of things, but I agree, it's at least worth having a go.

Will see what happens from here.
good stuff, be good to see how you go with a Precision under there.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #330
CYC06T

Quote:
good stuff, be good to see how you go with a Precision under there.
Yeah - maybe. They are definitely supposed to be great turbos.

Time will tell if there is meant to be one under the hood.

On another note........I just wanna go racing again!! It's been far too long since smashing out a nice pass.