Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 29-01-2008, 11:19 PM   #1
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default How to get 60ft faster with auto

Auto XR6 T

Got the tune box in and the dyno says 217 RWKW on the 8 so the 10 should be more.Ran the 10 and late in the day ran the 8 and it was 2 tenths slower than the 10.

Ambiant 37 track 50 {guess

5th and last pass at 17 10 2nd pass 1510 1/8th 144.233
1/8th 9.623
Best et 14.528 1/4 14.802
1/8th 9.465 Mph 91/147
60 ft 2.332
MPH 96 .360 155

Like the MPH but 60ft is slow any idea's car was stalled to 1800 and floored {didn't want to break it.

cheers

XR6 Turbo.Championship winner.
KW XRT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2008, 12:11 AM   #2
Walkinshaw
Two > One

37deg amiant won't help at all, even though 96mph seems SLOW for 217rwkw.

was it wheelspining off the line? If not, stall it up some more. A mate was seeing 2.10's from stock BA Xr6T's at AIR before it was shut down (stock 18" dunlops @ 38psi).

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2008, 02:15 PM   #3
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
37deg amiant won't help at all, even though 96mph seems SLOW for 217rwkw.

was it wheelspining off the line? If not, stall it up some more. A mate was seeing 2.10's from stock BA Xr6T's at AIR before it was shut down (stock 18" dunlops @ 38psi).
No wheel spin that I can detect dropped the tyres down to 29 lbs.I agree seems slow doesn't it.Especially as the 10 feels stronger I recon at least 10 RWKW.

The car pulls really hard once over 3 k and is actually catching cars in 13sec bracket but gives away too much of a head start.

I feel as though there is no boost the guage reads "0" when stalled and can't work out how to get it on to boost for the take off.It was the first time playing though.

Took me 4 runs to beat my old sixpack {E38 made me laugh a bit.

cheers for the time welshy

Old 30-01-2008, 02:18 PM   #4
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

double up lol

Old 02-02-2008, 03:56 AM   #5
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW XRT
No wheel spin that I can detect dropped the tyres down to 29 lbs.I agree seems slow doesn't it.Especially as the 10 feels stronger I recon at least 10 RWKW.

The car pulls really hard once over 3 k and is actually catching cars in 13sec bracket but gives away too much of a head start.

I feel as though there is no boost the guage reads "0" when stalled and can't work out how to get it on to boost for the take off.It was the first time playing though.

Took me 4 runs to beat my old sixpack {E38 made me laugh a bit.

cheers for the time welshy
Hi mate.

Is your car a BA or BF? (Four speed or ZF?)

Do you have custom tunes or just the generics? It sounds like you have a generic tune with nothing done to remove torque tags... If so, get a custom tune.

What was the humidity like when you had the runs? Your times may not reflect how quick it is if the conditions weren't favourable... but as you say, if others had way better 60' times then yes, something ain't right.

Also, don't deflate your tyres if you're not getting wheelspin (at the desired stall rpm), pump them up instead.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:45 PM   #6
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

I'd spool it up at top of tree with handbrake on and left foot on brakes pedal...
Control by throttle... Time spools turbo....
Release hand brake etc when second from bottom light goes out....
You auto guy have it soooo easy !!!!
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 01:39 PM   #7
F6BF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
Hi mate.
Do you have custom tunes or just the generics? It sounds like you have a generic tune with nothing done to remove torque tags... If so, get a custom tune.
Like Falc'man has mentioned custom tune with torque management adjusted u can spool the turbo to more boost off the line without the throttle closing, this should improve your 60ft
XR8 Sprint winter white
GTF Octane manual

FS: ZF 6 sp trans & converter out of stock BF mk2 typhoon
F6BF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 02:11 PM   #8
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Auto XR6 T

Got the tune box in and the dyno says 217 RWKW on the 8 so the 10 should be more.Ran the 10 and late in the day ran the 8 and it was 2 tenths slower than the 10.

Ambiant 37 track 50 {guess

5th and last pass at 17 10 2nd pass 1510 1/8th 144.233
1/8th 9.623
Best et 14.528 1/4 14.802
1/8th 9.465 Mph 91/147
60 ft 2.332
MPH 96 .360 155

Like the MPH but 60ft is slow any idea's car was stalled to 1800 and floored {didn't want to break it.

cheers
96 mph means that on those runs the car developed around 150 to 160 rwkws..It does not indicate 217 killowatts.14.5 is not a bad time considering the 60 footer.I thinjk you should invest in a torque converter with an extra 500 rpm stall speed than standard and watch the times tumble.
Ther other problem is the tune.It obviously has not provided you with the torque down low to get it moving much faster. I would front the tuner and ask the question why? Tuners are only human too.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 01:21 AM   #9
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
Hi mate.

Is your car a BA or BF? (Four speed or ZF?)

What was the humidity like when you had the runs? Your times may not reflect how quick it is if the conditions weren't favourable... but as you say, if others had way better 60' times then yes, something ain't right.

Also, don't deflate your tyres if you're not getting wheelspin (at the desired stall rpm), pump them up instead.
Thanks for the responses guys.

Car is 2004 BA with 4 speed auto.Not sure on humidity but it was bloody hot.

Generic tune.Car seems slow out the whole with no chance of wheel spin.I put BF phoon plugs in and regapped them to .8 mill.Car ran well and apart from hunting after start up it ran fine.Like I said stalled it to about 1800 didn't feel as anymore was warranted.Car was dyno'd with 217 RWKW from the 8LB.

Thought of a high stall B/Inlaw recons he can get 2500 easy for me but would want it out after so that's why I've baulked at it.

The third or fourth run was a bye and so I was able to hear this huge 2nd gear wheel spin and a chirp in 3rd.For those that arn't aware the tune box ups line pressure to firm up the shifts.Anything above 3000 the car realy pulls hard.Hopes of smacking my mates 265 ute {13.5 goooooone : untill I get some more HP.Lookes like a custom tune comming up.

I was trying to chyange at bit over 5k but thought it better change where maximum torque is but I didn't get torque figures from the dyno.What's your thoughts.

By the numbers

Best 60 FT 2.296

Best 1/8 9.465 fastes 1/8 89.641 MPH 144 KPH {faster than a 12.3 torana

Best 14.518

Best MPH 96.774/ KPH_155.710

cheers

Last edited by KW XRT; 04-02-2008 at 01:40 AM.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:32 PM   #10
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Yes, you definitely need a custom tune mate if you want that better take off. From there, you can decide if you should get a stall convertor. And yes, use the torque of the motor, no need to use high rpm if tuner has tuned it to make good midrange.
Cheers.
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 07:00 PM   #11
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
By the numbers

Best 60 FT 2.296

Best 1/8 9.465 fastes 1/8 89.641 MPH 144 KPH {faster than a 12.3 torana

Best 14.518

Best MPH 96.774/ KPH_155.710

cheers
Something is not right here, 89mph to half track and 96mph at the finish doest not add up at all, thats sort of mph at the 1/8 mark you would need alot more than 217rwkw and/or well into the 1.7-1.6 60ft's to achieve 89mph (the lower your 60ft your half track mph will go up).
With a time of 9.4 to half track and a 2.3 60ft your mph should around 77-78mph.
Also mate you should be able to achieve a 2.1 60ft with a std stall (and take into account every .1 off your 60ft take .2 off at the finish) I would be trying to achieve that before you go to a high stall as it will get harder with the high stall, be more agressive off the line and you will have to learn how to drive your car all over again. If you just jump ahead without learning the basics you will find it very difficult down the line and not understand why things are happening.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2008, 04:13 PM   #12
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yea Don't know what happened with those times.That run felt fast {89 MPH 1/8 mile the car went and felt fast {overcast so bolted for the start line good drive 1st and second but car went from 2nd to 4th for some stupid reason {must have lifted foot or double clicked the sports shift but the 1/4 mile felt way faster than 14.8

cheers

Old 06-02-2008, 04:42 PM   #13
xwgasaxe
under new management

I decided to read the owners manual from the T once and it indicated that if the engine oil temp got too high then torque would be reduced untill temp drops below a determined level.

Maybe get a oil cooler like the Typhoon.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #14
LTD351T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What does the car run like in the auto shift mode? Might feel slower but could be faster? factory models I heard were faster when left in auto.

Can you select 2nd gear while stationary @WOT??? Being able to load up in high gear will spool turbo much easier, and no creeping.

2V 351, 747rwhp @18 psi on LPG
LTD351T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 01:13 PM   #15
66 coupe
around the place

with a custom shift kit you can.... also try removing the brake fuse, that way the ecu doesnt know your on the brakes
Old 09-02-2008, 05:56 PM   #16
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwgasaxe
I decided to read the owners manual from the T once and it indicated that if the engine oil temp got too high then torque would be reduced untill temp drops below a determined level.

Maybe get a oil cooler like the Typhoon.
Known about this for some time and it surfaced on the dyno but only after the 3rd run,car now runs nulon full synthetic and temp seems even cooler than before {which also could pose a problem lol.Car didn't seem to be getting hot and was left to cool after every run.

66 coupe

with a custom shift kit you can.... also try removing the brake fuse, that way the ecu doesnt know your on the brakes.

Nice thought there 66 you might be onto something as there does seem to be a computer protection thing.Couple of seconds out it goes like a scolded cat.Shame there wasn't more time late to experiment but I ran out of opposition.Few commadores got put on the trailer early.

cheers