Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 16-09-2005, 10:15 PM   #31
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Had this talk with Mitch.... i think you will find the Zetec S has more power.....
Thats is 100% wrong. The Zetec S uses the same 1.6L engine as our cars. It still has 100PS of power and 146Nm of torque. Your wrong.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 10:29 PM   #32
RedStar71

Thanks Peioter, that was what I was told as well. I know you mentioned that the Zetec S is quicker Teki based on the 0-100 figures but I am sure all the figures that were published in the magazines over here were based on the Automatic which is marginally slower. As far as I am aware the only difference in our Fiesta and the Zetec S is the body kit, interior and the suspension. So from that aspect I am trying to make mine into a Zetec S. If people want to call that a replica then no problem. I just want my Fiesta to stand out and just make me happy. I dont care if anyone wants to bag me for driving a replica. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. That's cool.
I should also add that I am keeping it all "geniune" and keeping all the dockets as a way of showing how much I have looked after the car if I ever sell it.
Cheers

Jason
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

2007 WQ Colorado Red Fiesta XR4
Mods: Smooth Rear Wiper
RedStar71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 11:09 PM   #33
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
mmmmmmmmmmm. Think that one went through to the keeper.
i think you may be the keeper :P
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2005, 12:42 AM   #34
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

agreed with red.

If i were on the lookout for a second hand car id much prefer buying a car decked out with genuine ford gear that was made FOR the car rather than dodgey aftermarket rubbish,
Red your going to have one smick looking red devil, keep it up.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 07:54 PM   #35
FlaminFiesta

why is armorall so bad ?
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 08:02 PM   #36
azza1
black zetec

armorall is great until you have to paint anything in vicinity of it, as it is full of silicone and paint and silicone don't mix so well, but don't be scared, as long as you're not painting it yourself let the body shop deal with it.
azza1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 09:57 PM   #37
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i had some protectant and i sprayed it over the bumpers .... lol left an oily residue on the panel XD washed it again and some little bit left, ill wake up early tomorrow and finish off the residue
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 10:12 PM   #38
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminFiesta
why is armorall so bad ?
Cos it sucks the moisture out of the plastic you put it on. Eventually you will find you need more and more to get the same shine and result.
Old 19-09-2005, 11:05 PM   #39
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Cos it sucks the moisture out of the plastic you put it on. Eventually you will find you need more and more to get the same shine and result.
Its also oily, Smelly, and lets dust stick to the dashboard as well as giving the dash and plastics an "A la used vehicle detail" shine....
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2005, 07:09 PM   #40
azza1
black zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Its also oily, Smelly, and lets dust stick to the dashboard as well as giving the dash and plastics an "A la used vehicle detail" shine....
I'll have to fully agree with you there.
azza1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2005, 10:24 PM   #41
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

**ick**
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 12:17 AM   #42
RedStar71

Well folks, all mods on the Fiesta are on hold for a few months. I was just offered my dream job, that I have been after for over 5 years, this week. I need to train for it now and sort out all my bills ect before I go in late October. The really bad part is I need to leave my Fiesta in Brissy for about three months while I go to Victoria. The good thing about it all is I will then move to Newcastle for a few years. So I will be able to meet a few of you in a few months time. Will be good to get a change of scenery too.
Cheers

Jason
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

Old 25-09-2005, 02:26 AM   #43
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStar71
Well folks, all mods on the Fiesta are on hold for a few months. I was just offered my dream job, that I have been after for over 5 years, this week. I need to train for it now and sort out all my bills ect before I go in late October. The really bad part is I need to leave my Fiesta in Brissy for about three months while I go to Victoria. The good thing about it all is I will then move to Newcastle for a few years. So I will be able to meet a few of you in a few months time. Will be good to get a change of scenery too.
Cheers

Jason
WOOOOOOO, congrats! Seems everyone is getting a new job!
So, does this mean in a few months we might see MORE mods?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 10:50 AM   #44
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Congratulations on the dream job
it will be awesome meeting you in a few months and having a local fiesta owner to hang out with and go cruising with.

All the best
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 10:44 PM   #45
RedStar71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
WOOOOOOO, congrats! Seems everyone is getting a new job!
So, does this mean in a few months we might see MORE mods?
Thanks guys yes this means more mods as I will earn a lot more coin now. Full ST/Zetec S replica on the way! But I will also end up with a few bills that I don't currently have from the move. I know there are a few of you all down that way so it will be great to catch up. I don't know how much free time I will have and I am sure for the first few months I will be flat out with training. But it will all be worth it.
Cheers

Jason

Old 11-10-2005, 02:36 PM   #46
tinex

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
i order indicators on august 30 and i still havent seen em

wondering how much they hit me with on freight
go in hoppers cross ford side indicators 40$ rear tail lights silver 400$ :
tinex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post