Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 10-10-2005, 11:56 AM   #1
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Premium security questions

Hey everyone.
Ive renewed my comprehensive car insurance witha company called young and cool, one of their conditions is that the car has to have a 3 point immobaliser, passive arming, black wiring etc.

I couldnt get any answers out of ford as to what my car had,

Wondering if any of you have the premium security or alarm (whatever its called) and what exactly does it include ie, extra immobaliser and an alarm fitted into the standard ford key.

Also how much you paid for it.... if possible

Thanks.

Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2005, 01:29 PM   #2
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The premium security package from ford is the top of the line sentry package. I have it and my car is yet to be stolen.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2005, 02:22 PM   #3
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

does it have an additional immobaliser?

also, can you remember how much you paid for it
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 10-10-2005, 07:54 PM   #4
joshf2
striped

i ordered my premium alarm thingy from ford as well, it was 450ish from memory

its meant to have stuff like battery backup siren, break sensors and other bits and pieces, but i dont know much about immobilisers

as far as i knew, theres a electronic key code built into the key itself, cause all the keys have the same cut pattern, so thats a fairly good immobiliser methinks
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2005, 09:13 PM   #5
Danny
GT4.

Might look into it meself then
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 01:19 AM   #6
Fez WQ

Go non ford heaps cheaper and better
Fez WQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 07:36 AM   #7
joshf2
striped

probably, but you wont get it all integrated into the one key
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 10:47 AM   #8
theostheone

Pieoter... it sounds like your waiting for someone to come and take it...
theostheone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 11:43 AM   #9
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default premium security

yeah thats one thing thats really got me looking towards the ford system.. everything is integrated into the key i have now. which sounds really good ! i hate carrying things in my pockets.

Is anyone absolutely sure its a sentry alarm system?
i need to ring someone so i can get information about what the package includes, specifically. ford cant seem to do it.

Loads of fun :