Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-11-2006, 09:30 PM   #31
nick81xd

if a guy is worried about how a girl looks and wat she drives and solely bases every action after that is one shallow bloke. bigger town more jobs
nick81xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 09:31 PM   #32
LilMissDrift

A chick that knows cars is rare around here especially... knowing the difference between commodore taillights isnt my idea of knowing a car.. LOL... (damn vl's and vk's).. i admit i do at times stereotype.. i get annoyed too easy with a chick who tells me about her latest boyfriend having a V6 Falcon (HMMM nice one love) and a chick who Talks about the new commodore in town (thats just the same as the last.. but a different colour)... theres a lot more of the world for me to see.. and i dont know all. thats why i love sitting down talking cars.. coz i learn things.. (and im not talking how to change the oil, or put a pod filter on a 3.8 ecotec motor)
~Spoiler

~*.No its NOT my Boyfriends Car.*~
LilMissDrift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 09:34 PM   #33
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissDrift
When meeting 2 chicks at a "CAR SHOW" who's your attention most likely to turn too? The Petite, Skinny, Blonde.. that drives the TWIN TURBOED r33 skyline/or Supra.. or the Tall, Bigger built brunette, that drives the Falcon/Commodore.. think about that one!
didnt you just label chicks yourself? who says chicks who drives fords are big? even if the cars were swapped im still gunna have a crack at the hotter one,
anyway all my ex's have started out as ricers and ended up as ford fans hehe all ricers need is educating,
so lilmissdrift i would say that you are more educated than them when it comes to cars. goodluck with your apprenticship.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:35 PM   #34
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Who's fault is it that they want to act just like the people in "the fast and the furious"?
What do they expect?....
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 09:35 PM   #35
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Quote:
\When meeting 2 chicks at a "CAR SHOW" who's your attention most likely to turn too? The Petite, Skinny, Blonde.. that drives the TWIN TURBOED r33 skyline/or Supra.. or the Tall, Bigger built brunette, that drives the Falcon/Commodore.. think about that one!

Who is labelling who here?

Too many turbo toys......
2009 FG F6 Nitro LPI LPG 290rwkw on LPG.
2005 BAMKII XR6 Turbo with LPG (ex HWP 255,000k's and counting)
Honda 2001 CR500E Road registered CR500
Honda 1985 CR500 (the one with the arm ripping power)
DT200r regoed Hack
Yamaha IT/YZ 465 Vinduro rocket
Imported IT465 and 490 back up bikes
VF1000R mid 80's racer built by HMR
Honda CR480 Air cooled project road cafe racer.
T88 Turbo XT Falcon project with 351 Cleveland (mothballed)
Plus the rest.

TURBOTAXI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 09:40 PM   #36
LilMissDrift

LOL... it was an expression.. not all blondes are dumb.. not all brunettes are smart (LOL ME!!!) lol... i'll find an apprenticeship one day... all i was gettin at is how it sucks when ya get it thrown in ur face that ur a girl! On my next resume, ill send it as DANI insead of danielle.. and coz my resume doesnt have what sex i am i'll see if i get an interveiw outta it ...LOL JOKES!

I wasnt saying all chicks that drive fords are big (LOL i mean its not a bad thing being big.. i still love myself and im nearly 6'0)... and i wasnt saying all chicks that drive skylines are small.. that was just an example at how guys would pick that particular girl in the skyline over that particular girl in a the falcon... so to speak.. it wasnt stereotyping even tho i admit it did look that way!
~Spoiler

Old 12-11-2006, 09:41 PM   #37
Kobayashi

one of the last mechanics i was at, had 2 female apprentices and they couldnt have been happier with them. Dont let some negative images stop you from doing what you want to do in life, you will regret it later on.

My girl isnt interested in cars like me tho, but shes more then happy to listen to me ramble all day about coupes i want and such, lol!
Kobayashi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 09:45 PM   #38
LilMissDrift

Give me a guy that'd be happy with me bein a SERIOUS car enthusiast anyday... I mean i'd love nothin more than to spend my 18th at the summernats ... (i turn 18 the day b4 the 'nats 20 start).. a guy that'd let me get out and help him on his pride and joy... hmm... that ones hard to find!
~Spoiler

Old 12-11-2006, 09:47 PM   #39
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Give me a guy that'd be happy with me bein a SERIOUS car enthusiast anyday... I mean i'd love nothin more than to spend my 18th at the summernats ... (i turn 18 the day b4 the 'nats 20 start).. a guy that'd let me get out and help him on his pride and joy... hmm... that ones hard to find!
Honestly, they don't like knowing when they are wrong when it comes to cars... its best to leave them to their car, and you work on your own :
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 09:48 PM   #40
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Quote:
OK... So Im a chick, that was a bottle blonde (just love changing my hair) I love getting my nails done, and gettin all dressed up for no particular reason. But I have a passion for cars.. Is that OK? To be a girl and to have a keen interest for cars/bikes. Im my dad's only child, so i guess havin his little girl get out and work on the car with him was a bonus. And I always believed it was ok, as the whole sexist thing didnt hit me until i was about 14! I was sick of being able to show all the guys up at school with anything motor related.. and often got labelled as being too "boyish".. guess the older guys loved it.. But.. when i left school, I realised that it wasn't too acceptable for a girl to want to do anything automotive related.. I applied for Mechanics apprenticeships, spray painting/panel beating apprenticeships.. and got nothing but dissapointment from any response.. at one stage got told they wouldnt hire me as my "bodily features" may distract the "boys" in the workshop!!
Well, Even tho Im only 17.. I honestly think those of you out there who label "chicks" about stuff like this need to grow up.. and whats the go with dissing chicks that like the "Ricers" its a matter of personal preference.. what about all the guys that DRIVE the ricers.. Heres something to think about..

When meeting 2 chicks at a "CAR SHOW" who's your attention most likely to turn too? The Petite, Skinny, Blonde.. that drives the TWIN TURBOED r33 skyline/or Supra.. or the Tall, Bigger built brunette, that drives the Falcon/Commodore.. think about that one!
hell yeah it's ok for a chick to be into cars. my missus, wasn't into them when we first started going out ( she wasn't an afl supporter either) but after driving my xr8 yesterday she wants one! i know plenty of girls that are into cars as well as working on them engines included and there as girly as you can get.
if thats what you like doing then thats your choice people don't like tell them to get stuffed, they probably scared you'll have a better car than them. :
SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 09:49 PM   #41
Aeron
DJR Fan

Quote:
But im right here...

Thats what I find sexy about Leanne Tander. She loves her cars and her racing. Nice!
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 09:53 PM   #42
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeron
But im right here...

Thats what I find sexy about Leanne Tander. She loves her cars and her racing. Nice!
Or what about that Indy chick? :newangel:
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 09:53 PM   #43
LilMissDrift

LOL... Hey.. I wouldnt argue with what was said about the car.. i'd agree as it isnt mine.. damn i'd love nothin more than for a guy (other than my dad, and my male mates) to wanna help me on my car.. could be interesting!! And like i said.. i love to learn more...
~Spoiler

Old 12-11-2006, 09:58 PM   #44
Aeron
DJR Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Or what about that Indy chick? :newangel:
Ah yes, Katherine Legge. Very nice!!
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 10:01 PM   #45
Nemesis737
Straight Six

Geez what I'd do to find a nice single chic that likes cars....... They're rare and far between. Most of em just look at you with a blank look on their face
Nemesis737 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 10:03 PM   #46
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis737
Geez what I'd do to find a nice single chic that likes cars....... They're rare and far between. Most of em just look at you with a blank look on their face
I'm a single chick into cars... and i can still give you a blank look heheheheh
Old 12-11-2006, 10:04 PM   #47
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
Honestly, they don't like knowing when they are wrong when it comes to cars... its best to leave them to their car, and you work on your own :

Isn't it time to put the clothes in the dryer dear??

No seriously though there are heaps of girls that are in the same boat, I can't quite think of any at the moment but when I do I'll be sure to send them your way for some advice on getting you motivated, luv ya Melz

As for the resume thing, instead of Danielle put it as Danny, and just 'keep on truckin', good luck with it dollface.

And Phil as for 'Fast and the Furious' mate they can park those cars in my garage any night of the week bud, in particualr the Saleen and the 360 in Pt2, mama mia.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 10:06 PM   #48
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ohhh someone's living dangerously... looking at you Stef...
Old 12-11-2006, 10:06 PM   #49
LilMissDrift

LOL.. WELL IM THAT SINGLE CHICK THATS INTO CARS... LOL...

But... as for the nice part.. damn... ive struck out there... lol.. well ya cant have it all i suppose.. HeHeHe.. damnit! ! !
~Spoiler

Old 12-11-2006, 10:08 PM   #50
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
And Phil as for 'Fast and the Furious' mate they can park those cars in my garage any night of the week bud, in particualr the Saleen and the 360 in Pt2, mama mia.
Well there wasnt much left of the saleen, well mock up..lol.
Its not the cars mate, its the attitudes...i dont want to keep posting in theads like this..lol.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #51
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philstoj
Well there wasnt much left of the saleen, well mock up..lol.
Its not the cars mate, its the attitudes...i dont want to keep posting in theads like this..lol.
No not you bud hahahaha

No not the one that did the rolling wheel inspection you duf, the one that was doing the parking spot check lol
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 10:11 PM   #52
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick81xd
Girls with interests in cars rock, car shows girls are stuck up sluts. Give me a smart girl that looks decent and has cars on the brain 80% of the time anyday haha

hahah for sure
phat_stak_tipa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 10:11 PM   #53
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Neither of them to be honest because odds are they'll both be air heads dat talk like dis Angela. If you think driving an R33 with a fart can exhaust or a riced up Lancer with fugly wheels purchased on special at Bob Jane and fitted with a Tupperware body kit is a turn on to the male species, you're seriously, seriously mistaken. I think you'll find that males who do find that a turn on typically lack a few brain cells much like the aformentioned women.

Its one thing for a woman to have an interest in cars, but its another if she owns something thats clearly not intended for a woman (such as R33 GTR and Supra you mentioned above). Personally, I much prefer the type that drive something more respectable such as a VW GTi Golf, Audi A3, Focus etc
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 10:13 PM   #54
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

everyone has obstacles in life.. why let it bother you ? if you're 100% genuine about your interest in the mechanics field, then you'll keep trying til you get where you want to be.

btw about the 'men applying to be hairdressers' thing, and there being no opposition to this from females.... well um... ahhhhh never mind.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 10:16 PM   #55
LilMissDrift

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich
Neither of them to be honest because odds are they'll both be air heads dat talk like dis Angela. If you think driving an R33 with a fart can exhaust or a riced up Lancer with fugly wheels purchased on special at Bob Jane and fitted with a Tupperware body kit is a turn on to the male species, you're seriously, seriously mistaken. I think you'll find that males who do find that a turn on typically lack a few brain cells themselves anyways..

Its one thing for a woman to have an interest in cars, but its another if she owns something thats clearly not intended for a woman (such as R33 GTR and Supra you mentioned above). Personally, I much prefer the type that drive something more respectable such as a VW GTi Golf, Audi A3, Focus etc
NOW... you've just taken it to a whole nother level.. an attitude like that just makes u a cheavanistic ***** in my opinion.. sorry to put it blunt but thats pathetic... judging on what u wrote.. im guessing you are too!
Personally, it comes down to preference yet again.. and i would rather DIE before i start driving a gold.. or an audi a3.. or for that matter.. even being a ford girl... a focus..

Clearly not intended for a woman.. go to hell with that comment.. thats an attitude thats likely to help u succeed in life... NOT...
~Spoiler

Old 12-11-2006, 10:19 PM   #56
Nemesis737
Straight Six

Lilmissdrift, just relax a bit, could ya please? I aggree with ya, how can a car be specifically made for a bloke or a chic, but the majority of people that are into cars either like rice or (whats the opposite of rice? ) so you're gonna get alot of heated opinions whenever you're talkin about this...

Just realised that most of the chics on this site lookin at this thread at the moment....

Last edited by Nemesis737; 12-11-2006 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Add of a few lines
Nemesis737 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 10:21 PM   #57
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes I still live in Armidale... Im only 17.. moving away from my family at this stage probably wouldnt be too smart (im a18 in 6 weeks though),... Limited opportunities in a small town.. yes i agree with that... and moving to the city is in the cards at some stage soon...Im not having a shot at all you ford fans either.. LOL.. IM BUILT TOUGH.. but im just saying how stereotyped i can be... I mean the tall brunette.. i was referring to up above was indeed me.. and it wasnt a trick question.. im just saying.. if i were put against a blonde with a Skyline.. i know who the most common choice would be.. and i wouldnt change that because my fairmont is my baby (even if she is a straight 6)...

(By the way im not dissing the blondes.. i dye my hair a lot lol.. im only brunette for the moment.. LOL)
In all seriousness, my 4 year old God-daughter can structure a paragraph better than that. Grammar and punctuation don't go out the window just because its an internet forum..

Sorry to be crude but thats just infuriating!
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 10:23 PM   #58
LilMissDrift

lol... i know that hey... quite often i joke around about my mates being "ricers" in their mirages, lancers etc.. but as for the evos etc.. i honestly think they're pretty good on performance for what they are hey... didnt mean to get so annoyed over that *apologies to involved* (LOL Thru all the agorvation got confused- and can admit it) however.. thats a bit rough dont u think?! Honestly coz im a girl.. does that mean i should be riding a CBR250... instead of a R1... Or a Harley... or i should be riding a yz80/yz125 instead of a kx500?!

B.T.W. its the internet... and its a forum.. obviously im pushing a point.. not teaching english.. dont correct my grammar til you read an essay. would u like me to send you one JUST to prove you wrong.. oh and would u like sum pics of girls DRIVING HP VEICHLES just so you know it IS acceptable!
~Spoiler

Last edited by LilMissDrift; 12-11-2006 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:26 PM   #59
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich
In all seriousness, my 4 year old God-daughter can structure a paragraph better than that. Grammar and punctuation don't go out the window just because its an internet forum..

Sorry to be crude but thats just infuriating!
Stop stirring the pot.
We tolerate (to an extent) bad grammar, but dont tolerate txt tlk (text talk- essentially leaving all vowels out). Let the girl express her opinion, there is nothing wrong with the way she posts, if you dont like it read another thread.

P.S. There was a double full stop on your second last sentence, if your gonna preach, practice.

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 10:27 PM   #60
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
lol... i know that hey... quite often i joke around about my mates being "ricers" in their mirages, lancers etc.. but as for the evos etc.. i honestly think they're pretty good on performance for what they are hey... didnt mean to get so annoyed over that *apologies to fantz* however.. thats a bit rough dont u think?! Honestly coz im a girl.. does that mean i should be riding a CBR250... instead of a R1... Or a Harley... or i should be riding a yz80/yz125 instead of a kx500?!

B.T.W. its the internet... and its a forum.. obviously im pushing a point.. not teaching english.. dont correct my grammar til you read an essay. would u like me to send you one JUST to prove you wrong.. oh and would u like sum pics of girls DRIVING HP VEICHLES just so you know it IS acceptable!
not sure why you're apologising to me... but you're forgiven.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post